Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

Mark your calendars BICers, July 29th is a beloved beauty holiday - itโ€™s National Lipstick Day! Sephora is helping us celebrate by sending gratis some Community members, and we canโ€™t wait for you to show us what that is right here in this thread.

Thank you @TeamBIC for this generous gift Heart 

Looking to amp up the festivities? Be sure to check out the National Lipstick Day Sweepstakes for your 1 of 15 chance of winning a $200 Sephora e-Gift card:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/National-Lipstick-Day-Sweepstakes-Enter-to-Win-One-of-Fi...

Excited to see yโ€™all sport your favorite lippies xoxo

In the meantime, what do you think it will be?

nationallipstickday.jpg

Re: ๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

@Missnur  Yay, congrats on the lovely gift! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! ๐Ÿค—

@Missnur  Congratulations!!!! Canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts!

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜˜

@Missnur  Congratulations!

Thank you ๐Ÿ’•

OMG! Iโ€™ve been waiting for this with much excitement! I was thrilled to open it. This package has sprocketta written all over it. Lipstick is life! I adore the packaging and will try to put the box somewhere to save, maybe fill it up and leave it on the dresser I am at when Iโ€™m getting ready.

So letโ€™s say this. Other people have documented the packaging already. Itโ€™s glorious and my girl Pepper was curious. About everything in here and once it was on me.

Tried the Tatcha and I donโ€™t use lip masks so I was surprised by how thick it was. But as it warmed up and sank into my lips it felt quite nice. Iโ€™ll try it overnight for sure. Not sure how that will go with my cpap but Iโ€™ll see.

I was really excited for everything except the Fenty. I donโ€™t wear really dark vampy colors and told myself to get out of my comfort zone. There was a LOT of user error. I smeared it a couple times and had to go back and clean up the lip line with makeup remover. I redid it twice and my face was already stained and the edges were bleeding where I cleaned it up. NOT my best look. At all. It was a hot mess. I think the next time knowing how it applies and dries I would do better. The first photo with it I was trying to smile. My real expression with it below that. Thank goodness for Pepper making me laugh.

Iโ€™m really excited for the SC hot pink and YSL red, duh, i would be. But Iโ€™ve always wondered about Pillow Talk so planning to wear it to work one day this week. Iโ€™m going to try the Fenty again. I can say I got it stayed perfect when someone (who might that be?) got in my face. Pretty impressive.

Thank you @TeamBIC  for this insanely generous and supersized gratis. And for rerouting it from Chicago to NC.

P.S. Pepper says hello all!

ETA: I FaceTimed my parents to get their opinion (just looking for initial reaction without actually asking) and my dad asked me what the hell was on my face. I explained that out wasnโ€™t my usual color and I was trying it because it was a gift. He told me I didnโ€™t need to inflict it on him. My parents said maybe in my goth phase (that was high school, so who else listened to Bauhaus? Anyone? Probably not)

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

006B0299-9AB5-44F6-B5D2-418AF33680B6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

26607E8A-B33C-4ABF-8FCD-537282590FDF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

921E2C12-8B94-4344-AADD-BD476F229A2C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E5F42995-366B-47B3-B1D3-F583A4A89F08.jpeg

โ€ƒ

142FF0A7-B415-4227-9CC5-4D0FA6AE2620.jpeg

โ€ƒ

DC49B348-B58D-403F-977F-0C84C7D9223A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

9530CC6D-84DE-4016-91F6-2E41682AA218.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Congrats, @sprocketta!! ๐Ÿฅณ That color looks great on you!!  I hope the formula works better for you on the second go around.

Thanks @haleyvvvv definitely needs work. Iโ€™m going to pick up the red shade.

@sprocketta, congrats on these beauties.๐Ÿ’„ Youโ€™re going to have loads of fun with them!

Thanks lovely @itsfi 

Omg, I wasnt in HS but I did listen to Bauhaus! I think the Fenty does suit you as far as vampy colors go. The smiling pic is a decent job of outlining the lips. Enjoy your goodies @sprocketta ๐Ÿ˜

What helped me get the hang of it(and i do prefer this wand to the Nars powermatte) is lining my bottom lip and filling it in. Then, pressing my lower lip to my top lip, filling in the center, and lastly, lining the upper lip when the wand has the least amount of product left. For me, its not going to look perfect due to my upper lip scar.

Oh and hello Pepper๐Ÿค—!

Thanks for the tip @Buootiful Iโ€™m totally different. I always outline the top

lip first. Iโ€™ll try it the other way next time. I was a VERY angsty teenager. I would say at the time, โ€œChock full of angsty goodness.โ€ Never even noticed you have a scar! My eye always goes to your lipstick!

BAUHAUS - oh you're taking me back @sprocketta ๐ŸŽต

@CarolBT Bela Lugosiโ€™s Dead

Thank you for the highly entertaining read, @sprocketta. And contrary to what you think, that Fenty does look like it could work on you! 

Congratulations, I am so excited and happy for you that you received this. Even the box seems like it was made for you๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Still thinking about what Iโ€™m going to do with this box. Itโ€™s amazing. Pepper is nothing if not entertaining.

The box is just so pretty, @sprocketta. I donโ€™t think anything else expresses the love of beauty more than the lips do ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’‹

@sprocketta   โ€˜You donโ€™t need to inflict that on meโ€™. Lol, wow, hahaha, dads are just the best with words sometimes๐Ÿ˜‚.  

I think it looks fine on you.  I struggled a bit on the first application as well.  Itโ€™s so wet and dark and the applicator is just soaked. I think I may try a lip brush for my next application so thereโ€™s a bit more control over how much goes on.  It stays really well though!  

@heartsmyface well theyโ€™re nothing if not honest. Honestly I think the gratis functioned well as itโ€™s going to fuel my purchase of the shade uncensored. I canโ€™t believe how this stays put.

@sprocketta  Reading through your experience with the Fenty. I think it looks really good on you!! It actually reminds me of a colour my sister use to wear in HS!

Conversation Stats
Photos116
  • nationallipstickday.jpg
  • 0EE532FD-9A0A-4776-8495-2C30A6DC673A.jpeg
  • YSL-Insurgent Red, Fenty-Underdawg, Sephora Collection-Candy Love, Charlotte Tilbury-Pillowtalk
  • IMG_20210723_162057459.jpg
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210724_182024722.jpg
  • 56B55EFD-82B8-493A-8B7D-A1495550E550.jpeg
  • B24EB202-E212-4DBB-A695-BF2435CE81CE.jpeg
  • 179C6019-6C36-486A-91D9-2FA045E49AC3.jpeg
  • B41830EB-6368-43FF-B2B4-66B052309A70.jpeg
  • The cutest box!
  • inside box.jpg
  • Neglected lips
  • Pampered lips after the Agave scrub