Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

Since getting more and more into makeup, I love having my lips look good and I enjoy making them up with lipstick. But I never find them to look their best because under the lipstick, no matter if it’s liquid or matte or crème, you can see chapped lips. Back when I was finishing high school (or maybe after graduating ) I developed a bad habit of biting and peeling the skin off my lips. I was extremely anxious and stressed . As a kid I used to bite my nails. I got out of that and switched to my lips. During winter my lips get dry so that on top of lip biting, not great. I keep trying to stop and read that it takes your lips three days to start to repair itself and go back to normal but as soon as I get through those days I start picking again. When I wear lip balm and if my lips rub together I’ll feel pieces of skin and get the urge to pick and peel and more often than not I succumb to it. Recently I got myself a lips scrub from Bite and a lip sleeping mask from Laneige. Giving those a try. Anyone else suffer from the same bad habit and beat it? Any tips on how you got your lips back?

More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

I agree with some of the other ladies. Jack Black Intense Therapy works wonders for me. Last year I bought a gift set with four tubes so I can keep one by my bed, in the car, at work and in my purse. But the best thing is I don't find myself needing to use it as often as I did other products.

RE: More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

Winter is terrible on the lips. I personally avoid lip scrubs because it irritates my lips and makes it billions times worse. I don’t know if it’s recommended but I only use an oil cleanser to get my lipstick off. And avoid any other cleansers or masks even touching my lips. Like others who have replied I use a lip mask every night, pretty much every brand I’ve tried is awesome. When they are in terrible shape I avoid lipstick and use Burt’s bees during the day and aquaphor when I’m at home. I find aquaphor a cure all when it comes to extreme dryness from weather, especially those freezing windy days. I even put a little on my cheeks during the below zero days.

Re: More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

I used to have the bad habit of picking too. Now, every time there's an urge to pick, I grab my lip balm and apply it.

I use the Nivea Milk and Honey lip balm and seal it with the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask

for extra moisture

Hi @MissShanaa ,

One of the most loved and highest recommended product is LANEIGE Lip Mask, it is more like a balm & it shocked me that is how amazing this is, there won’t be anything to bite in a week or less, so extremely cost effective too!  Let me know how it goes?!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Definitely give the Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy a try! A couple years ago I had an allergic reaction (to Bite Agave lip mask, actually) that left my lips peeling and shedding like snake skin, it was awful! It was also deep winter in NH, which certainly didn't help. I tried every mask and balm I could find (including some $62 thing from AmorePacific), and nothing really helped until I tried Jack Black. It was almost instant relief, no burning, and it's thick enough that it conceals the feeling of the texture. Definitely give it a try!

Definitely give the Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy a try! A couple years ago I had an allergic reaction (to Bite Agave lip mask, actually) that left my lips peeling and shedding like snake skin, it was awful! It was also deep winter in NH, which certainly didn't help. I tried every mask and balm I could find (including some $62 thing from AmorePacific), and nothing really helped until I tried Jack Black. It was almost instant relief, no burning, and it's thick enough that it conceals the feeling of the texture. Definitely give it a try!

Hey girl! @MissShanaa where I live has very cold winters, so I’m no stranger to dry/chapped lips! I use a few products to keep the dryness at bay. Before I get into the products, just some tips - the laneige sleeping mask is great, but it’s meant to be layered on top of other lip products to Seal in the moisture, not to replace a lip balm or salve! Maybe you knew that but for some reason I didn’t think to layer it 🤷🏽‍♀️. Also mix up your routine so that your lips don’t get accustomed to using the same product every day. I had that problem and was actually drying my lips further! 

I use the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve Rosebud SalveBITE BEAUTY - Agave Sugar Lip Scrub!and the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Refresh and Prep Lip Scrubber. ive yet to try it, but I’ve heard many rave reviews on the BKR - Paris Water Balmand plan to try it when I’m out of some other products I’m currently using. 

I also have picked up the tip (from the lovely @WinglessOne ) of applying a balm, letting it absorb for a few mins and then tapping or blotting off the excess before applying matte lip formulas do make them more comfortable to wear! I normally put that on first thing in the morning after brushing my teeth, so it’s had enough time to absorb while I do my makeup and hair, and then apply lipstick last. Hope this helps!

RE: Re: More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

Awesome! Thanks for the tips, I do some of those things but I did not know about using other products underneath the sleep mask so I’ll give that a try! So far with what I’ve done, my lips have improved a lot

@MissShanaa,

I second the Fresh Sugar lip serum, I have been using it at night and then apply the Agave Lip mask on top and my lips are smooth and hydrated the rest of the day! https://www.sephora.com/product/agave-lip-mask-P384629?keyword=agave%20mask

❤️ Melissa

RE: More TLC for my lips please! I want my lips back!

Hey girl! I def suffered from chapped/dried lips despite staying hydrated! I use Laneige lip mask at night. In the morning after I shower/wash my face I use Raw Sugar lip scrub with a lip scrubber from Sephora and moisturize with Drunk Elephant’s lippie balm. I don’t even need to reapply my lip balm more than twice throughout the day. My lips have been so soft and well nourished!

@MissShanaa I recommend trying the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Sugar Lip Scrub, LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask and the fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy 0.3 oz/ 10 mLI have found pairing these together has saved my lips!

Best,

Rebecca

Awesome! Thank you!

Hi @MissShanaa the lip mask and scrub are both great for bringing moisture back to your lips. I have also heard that Jack Black Intense Lip Balm SPF 35 sooths and heals dry lips. I would suggest trying that out as well. I hope that this helps. 

Best,

Zakiya

Thanks so much! I’ll look into it 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing