cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Love Liquid matte lipsticks

I'm new and looking for recommended brands for dry lips 

Re: Love Liquid matte lipsticks

NARS Velvet Lip Glide is good. I also really like Jouer's matte formula, and Smith & Cult, while a bit harder to find, is EXCELLENT (their formula is the Flatte Matte one. You can get it on Amazon.) All three of these don't have the traditional automatic dry down formula, but they all last fairly well, and you'll never know you have anything on your lips. Hope this helps. 🙂

RE: Love Liquid matte lipsticks

I suffer from dry lips and I absolutely love tarteist matte lip creams. Super creamy and long lasting! My favorite shade is tbt!

The NARS Powermattes are great! I also have really dry lips so my favorite is the NARS velvets. Since they're velvets and don't dry completely matte, they are way less drying on the lip.
Anonymous Insider

Have you tried the makeup forever lipsticks? Awesome formula but they need more shades!

I've tried many of the popular matte liquid lipsticks, but the only one I found that didn't dry out my lips completely by mid-day is the new Nars Powermatte formula. 

@blackshanmagic I second the Sephora liquid lipsticks, I really like them along with the Smashbox Always On Liquid lipsticks.  I have the best luck with liquid lipsticks if I slather my lips with lanolin or the bite lip mask the night before, so lips are super hydrated in the morning. 

@blackshanmagic a few of my favourites (not all sold at Sephora) would be Ofra, Stila, Smashbox Always On and the new NARS Powermattes. 

All 4 are pretty comfortable to wear but don't make lips look crispy. As others have mentioned, prepping beforehand is the best way to ensure your lip look lasts without getting dried out and flaky.

@blackshanmagic The most comfortable Matte liquid lipsticks IMO are Sephora Collection cream lip stains.  Other than that Stila liquid lipsticks are most long lasting and KVD has stunning shade collection. ABH liquid lipsticks are also less drying as compared to Stila and KVD.

The trick to comfortably wear a Matte liquid lipstick is , Exfoliate your lips whenever you need ( I won't suggest exfoliating everyday , you will know when they need some buffing so do it only when you need) 

Apply a nice lip balm before wearing a liquid lipstick , it will not change the Matte finish or wear time of your lipstick but the moisture will be sealed on your lips and they will stay soft.

I also suffer from dry lips most of the year and love Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick. It stays on all day (mostly through eating and drinking too) and didn't dry my lips out! I only have one color so I can't comment if all the colors are great, but I'm in love with the nude color I have.

I've also heard good things about Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks, I'm trying them next 🙂

I have extremely dry lips too, but the KVD everlasting liquid lips are phenomenal. They are transfer proof for me, stay on like a dream, and aren't extremely drying!!

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing