Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Looking for a good matte liquid lipstick....

What matte liquid lipstick would you recommend? Why?

Re: Looking for a good matte liquid lipstick....

I own tons and tons of liquid lipsticks and my favorite and most reliable was the Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick. For reference I ate Thanksgiving dinner and dessert and did not have to reapply after!! Best stuff! 

Also Urban Decay Vice liquid lipsticks are good for staying on!

Anonymous Insider

I absolutely love Color Pop, a family friend introduced me to it and it's all I will wear now. It does make a dry feeling to your lips but since I HATE even the feel of reg. lipstick it's great for me.

It depends on whether you are looking for something that is long lasting and dries down completely or if you're looking for something comfortable that doesn't dry out the lips like a desert. I personally prefer a more comfortable matte liquid lip and I really enjoy my Smashbox lippies as well as my NYX liquid suede because they are super comfortable on the lips but they are also fairly long lasting. They come in a great variety of colors too. 

RE: Looking for a good matte liquid lipstick....

Sephora liquid lip stains are sooooo good! They last ALL day for me and I usually don’t prime or use a lip pencil. Check them out they’re pretty affordable too!

My favorites are Stila stay all day liquid lipsticks and Sephora cream lip stain liquid lipsticks. Both are very similar in formula. They’re long lasting and very comfortable. 

Another brand that works for me is The Balm’s liquid lipsticks.

Milani is an excellent drugstore brand if you want something closer to around 8 bucks. They’re good and long wearing but not necessarily transfer proof. ABH was surprisingly not long wearing for me.

Pretty Vulgars matte liquid lips are amazing! I like them because my lips tend to be more dry so I've always have had problems when it comes to liquid matte lipsticks but these ones don't bother me. I love the formula and it lasted throughout the day without me really having to reapply 

Colourpop has really nice ones and they always have great sales

KVD is good, but it doesn't stay all day if you have lips that tend to dry out like mine.

Jeffree Star isn't a Sephore product, but there is almost no comparison in the world. Drying time is less than a minute, stays put through kisses, drinks, and food. No drying effect, and wide color variations.

The sephora recommended product i recommend is Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. The formula smells amazing, and it stays all day, through kisses, and food , and drink. The only major difference in this vs, JS or KVD, is the drying time for it to set is considerably longer, 5-10 minutes with a good blot after application.

RE: Re: Looking for a good matte liquid lipstick....

I'd have to agree with you. Jeffrey Star's liquid lipstick are the best ones I've tried so far. Great colour selection too. Wish it would come to Sephora! ABH and KvD make some good ones as well.

KVD is good, but it doesn't stay all day if you have lips that tend to dry out like mine.

Jeffree Star isn't a Sephore product, but there is almost no comparison in the world. Drying time is less than a minute, stays put through kisses, drinks, and food. No drying effect, and wide color variations.

The sephora recommended product i recommend is Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. The formula smells amazing, and it stays all day, through kisses, and food , and drink. The only major difference in this vs, JS or KVD, is the drying time for it to set is considerably longer, 5-10 minutes with a good blot after application.

KVD is the best one...it’s highly pigmented and lasts all day....I’ve tried quite a few and nothing holds up like this one

Re: RE: Looking for a good matte liquid lipstick....

To add to this reply: I have a few KVD liquid lipsticks, and how good it is really depends on the color.  Lolita is her most popular shade in the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, and it is one of my most reached-for shades in my entire lipstick collection.  It is an incredibly flattering dark nude that looks good on my light, cool skintone, though she claims it's flattering on any skintone.  It seems to match almost any outfit and any makeup look, it applies smoothly, and it lasts all day.  I don't have a single bad thing to say about it.

I totally agree with this
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing