Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Long lasting lipstick

Lipstick brands I have tried - Chanel, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Kat Von D, MAC, Sephora, Kiko

I m yet to find a lipstick that would last long. I use a lip primer before applying a lipstick, but even matte lipsticks seem to dry faster and leave residue (which isnt a pretty sight)

Re: Long lasting lipstick

I know you mentioned lip primer but do you also do lipliner? I feel this can add as even an additional step for lipstick to last! 

I 💞 lippies but I end up sticking with three brands when it comes to longevity. Beauty Bakerie's lip whips are long lasting but, when youfirst wear them, they feel tight. The feeling goes away but it is there initially. You can't use anything else with them upon application or they crack. But, if you apply them as designed, they last, don't bleed, don't smudge. The second brand is Morphe. The mattes do not get as tight as BB but although they do last, they do not win the no smudge contest. I don't know how to explain it other than, they stay in place as long as you don't touch it. Mented Cosmetics is good too. They aren't matte.They are a lipstick that stays throughout the day. I had to reapply one, once during a 12 hr day. It didn't feel waxy or uncomfortable. I'd forgotten I had it on. I've tried others but they always left me at some point. I would, almost, say that Morphe and KVD are comparable in longevity but Morphe has less transfer.

In addition to the NARS Powermatte liquid lipsticks, here are a couple more that last a long time on me (up to 7 hours for me, as long as I don’t eat oily food): 

Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte lipstick - These are the most comfy liquid mattes I’ve ever worn. NARS Powermatte is a close 2nd place. 

Lancôme L'Absolu Lacquer lip gloss - I still can’t believe how long these last, for lip glosses. My first wear test of the shade Not Afraid lasted 6.5 hours. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Liquid Matte LipstickLancôme L'Absolu Lacquer Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick 490 Not Afraid

Have you tried Sephora Collection Cream Lipstain Liquid7A8DBDDD-3605-4B4A-AEE6-DED9CB0744A1.jpeg Lipstick?

@priyaananthan

I see you didn't list NARS under lipsticks you have tried. Have you tried NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment American Woman ? If not, I would highly suggest you try that formula out! It is one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I have found to date in terms of color payoff and longevity. In addition to that, the SMASHBOX - Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick and STILA - Stay All Day® Liquid Lipstick are also great in durability and longevity.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 7A8DBDDD-3605-4B4A-AEE6-DED9CB0744A1.jpeg
testing