cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Anyone get a shipping notice yet?

@ChristalM I messaged them and they told me mine was delayed because I ordered a few singles with the rest of my items. She said they should ship by the 23rd

@Mochapj oh ok thanks for the information. I ordered two singles too so maybe I am in the same boat.

They said they were shipping through Wednesday so I’m surprised that I haven’t gotten the ship confirmation yet I would normally get it by Monday

I got my lippies already @ChristalM but no eye shadow yet. Odd. Lol 

@Sunnysmom Wow that is odd...

@aviscardi Yeah I do find this weird as well. I hope there are no issues. I want my stuff! LOL

It is @ChristalM . No clue when the shadow will show up. Don’t they know we are OUT of lippies?! 😆

I just got my VB order today and even that was delayed. I ordered  late Friday for early access because I missed the email earlier in the AM (work which was crazy), but even so I normally get my stuff within two days. Then of course they released the copper eyeliner after I already ordered lol so I’m waiting for black Friday to open live again I’ll probably order that and maybe throw another palette in

Still shots from her video taken from Reddit: My kids want to know what to get me for Christmas.  I think I just answered their question. Vega looks like the cool gray palette of my dreams.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 14-40-59 myscreenrn — Postimages.png

I was so intrigued by Vega I normally don’t like cool tones but this looked a little more balanced. The one palette that I really liked that was cool was the new vieve ninetease palette but it had too many shades I felt overwhelmed

@Ispend2much6, Vega is on my buy list for sure!

@TraceyEB  I changed my mind to Myth. 🙂  I'll probably change it again.

@Ispend2much6, Myth is very tempting! Sounds like you want two palettes for Christmas! 🎄

@TraceyEB  You read me so well!

@Ispend2much6 😉 😂

Now that I've (finally) watched Lisa's video and read details at her site, I'm kinda torn on the eyeshadows. A couple palettes (Sorcery and Myth) interest me, but: 

1. Holy markup, Lisa! Pat McGrath's MTHRSHP 6-pans were less expensive. Sure, Pat's 6-pans came in cardboard casing vs. Lisa's fancy metal magnetic casing, but you got more product in a MTHRSHP. I can't fully attribute Lisa's palette price to the casing because 
  2. The single shadows are also pricey. Assuming each pan = 0.9 grams (total net weight of a palette ÷ 6 pans), $16 USD per single shadow is a bit steep. Natasha Denona's singles cost less per gram, and now they're even cheaper since Beautylish has 'em marked down. Viseart's singles cost even less per gram at their regular price. 
  3. I don't see where Lisa's selling an empty magnetic palette, but I'm curious about what it'd cost on its own. 

On a positive note: this isn't Hourglass-level eyeshadow markup. 😂 (I still don't understand why HG thinks their single shadow and loaded palette prices are reasonable.) So hey, pricing could be much worse. And I dunno, maybe Lisa's shadows perform well enough to justify the pricing. To find out, I'll probably order 2 or 3 single pans and put 'em in one of my spare MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Refillable Makeup Palette Extra Large . Curiosity will make me try at least 2 of Lisa's shadow formulas. 

Eye brushes: I'd love to try one but not for $50 USD. They're 100% synthetic and I want to see for myself how soft they are. Even for Japanese crafted synthetics—and I'm unclear on manufacturing method (Lisa mentions the bristles aren't cut but instead mold-shaped, but she doesn't state the brushes are actually handmade; if I missed that info in her video or on her site, lemme know)—$50 for a blender is too much. Chikuhodo's Z-11 blender costs significantly less, and it's a handmade grey squirrel brush. If anyone gets one of Lisa's brushes, I'll be interested in your feedback! 

Lipsticks: aaahhh, my weakness. 😅 I like some of the new shades but I don't need 'em. I'm surprised by how much I like Velvet Enchantment. And I love Velvet Duchess but that's gotta be one of the MatteTrance Elsons so I'll talk myself out of it. 

They are quite pricey and even smaller than a typical standard eyeshadow, but yes not quite half of the cost of HG singles lol. When I was trying to calculate buying singles and trying to find an empty palette for buying one it was ending up that I wasn’t going to save much. I am surprised that the singles cost so much shouldn’t they be closer in price to what it would cost per palette like say $12 . If that’s the case and she ends up putting a bundle price where you could get the palette and six pans for the same cost of the premade ones, then what is the deal of having to re-purchase a refill if it cost more?!

@WinglessOne, after Lisa talked about herself using a Z-palette, I was excited at the thought of singles until I saw the singles exceeded the cost of a palette. I've been putting eyeshadow and blush singles into customizable cases since my early makeup days using Aveda and, later, Bobbi Brown, and I purchased most of it on sale. So, I'll probably buy one palette to get a feel for the formulas. I find it odd that there isn't an empty palette for sale. I also looked at the brushes but it took a second seeing $50 to rule that out.

Admittedly I was really interested in the lip brush she was using to apply the lipstick but apparently that’s not going to be released until next year lol but yes the price made me choke a bit

Good idea @WinglessOne . Tough to choose shades. I wondered on her brushes so I appreciate your thoughts. Will wait and see what others think. This is one line I’m also so frustrated to never see in person ahead of releases. Grr. Lol 

@WinglessOne @Thank you for sharing your thoughts! They are pretty but you’re right, quite pricey. Especially for something no one can swatch in store !! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts - the brand is still on my list of ones to try, but I’ll probably stick to lipsticks ! 

788 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png