cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@aviscardiappreciate the eyeliner application conversation you and @Sunnysmom are having. I mostly line in the waterline, so it's possible the LE liners could work for me though it may not be worth the investment if they are tricky to apply. I have hooded eyes, so if I line above the lashes it can't transfer.

Yep @TraceyEB that’s where i wear my pencils mainly too so i think it should be fine. I don’t have hooded lids but i can imagine they will for sure transfer especially if someone has oily lids. I wore burnt umber in my waterline and had my makeup on for about 9hrs yesterday but I was wiped and totally forgot to check out the liner ha. By the time i did i already removed some but it looked it was mostly in tact except the corners which is fine with me. 

@aviscardi, thanks for sharing your experience! I have oily and hooded lids so, for me, these might only work on the waterline. 🤔

Ooh these are beautiful on you @aviscardi , thanks for showing us! 😍 I hear you on the waterline issues for liners. When I do that, not much really works forever. VBB isn’t bad, works ok but not forever,  HG , MJ and KVD were best at least in black and I haven’t tried these yet tho I will tomorrow I think. I will say this. Having used my 2 this am over my powder liner they are are still on and holding and it’s like 9 hours later lol. Smudged but still fully on. Maybe my eyelids aren’t too oily today tho I do use a cream powder then powder then the liner. Maybe I just lucked out today. Lol. Time will tell. But these shades look great on you ! Drats. I need the top one I guess! 😭 My VBB and HG are too bronzey. (Have you tried MAKE lines by the way? They’re pretty good!) 

Right so i had on just a shadow stick set lightly. And then i ran the cream bronzer and powder blush and highlight over. Usually when i would wear say for a longer day out I’d put powder shadow under right at the base to make it a bit smoky so I’m not sure if that’s why i didn’t notice before like you can’t have anything remotely emollient under. I just heard people talking and was like oh let me test lol. But so far they worked perfectly fine in the waterline. Maybe il try that today with powder liner on the lash line. Did yours smudge to touch ?

no someone else tho just mentioned.  Do they sharpen or retractable? 

I understand @aviscardi , that makes sense. I’m sure they will smudge way more that way as I think @Ispend2much6 mentions as well. 🙂 I found it to smudge a little when I touch it but really not too much even at end of the day. Sets pretty well it seems but I’m sure it does depend on what shadows etc . She says any sharpener that fits will work with them. Wish retractable. Hate wasting them! 

OK cool il take a look. I wasn't in the market for any liners (unless its olive) i just like trying LE prod. Il report back later, i tried on the powder liner under today.

I wasn’t either @aviscardi ! Lol. Hate when these new product pop ups just seem to appear! Messes with me😭. Btw I’m wearing Cinder on it’s own today, lined and smudged with nothing underneath and it’s definitely smudging and not staying in place. So wearing it over cream shadow first then powder shadow is what I’m def gonna always do! 💞 

I like sharpen better not a fan of retractable ha. Yea it worked better i think with powder liner under but it’s annoying me that i can touch my eyes and it does that. Especially since they keep claiming 40 secs and then it’s supposed to set like it never does lol. Il need to try again with like my mac paint pot set since it’s drier. 

I don’t mind either @aviscardi , I just hate to waste extra precious product! 😭 I hear you. I can feel it too even over my shadows. My other Chanel and VBB don’t. They do feel so lovely and smooth tho! I suppose the positives and a bit of negative! 

I’m excited too @aviscardi ! Prob have to try them! 

Here are a few of the new Velveteen lips. They are a bit drier on their own than I would prefer but still beautiful. A pretty true matte formula that starts out thin but is saturated , dries quickly and lasts a long long time. Not tacky. Jazz has this beautiful subtle luminous reflective look which is just so pretty and I understand the Velveteen term. My pic is not showing it quite enough.  I will try a balm with it too and see how that affects them. Please now let’s have a new semi matte formula with decent pigment but not dry! (How many times can I say dry in the same paragraph! 😆) Edit to add I did use the Fenty stain in Fuchsia Wife under it and whoa that’s a pretty combo. Very comfy and not as dry. 

IMG_0817.jpegIMG_0819.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, beautiful shades! I've got my eye on Dragon and Affair. Ribbon would be my choice for reds but I want to try the formula first.

Yes you should definitely try 1 or 2 @TraceyEB ! It’s a nice comfy formula and the shades are truly lovely! 💞

I wore mine with balm under that’s usually the only way i start with a lip product. Generally if i reapply later in the day it’s usually a gloss. It felt fine otherwise i thought it would be drier. I was going to get the dragon shade but this launch was so soon I’m going to wait until the next one. There is supposed to be a new lip formula launching in Oct that was featuring in the dua lipa video i think ? There was something she took down to RP closer to launch. 

Oooo, very pretty, @Sunnysmom ! 😍

They are for sure @Titian06 ! 

New lip formula launching tomorrow. Video is up. Can’t wait! Would love a bit less matte formula in-between that and satin! 💄

Edit- Velveteen liquid lip in 8 shades. 
Tomorrow 14th 4pm UK. 8 am PST, etc etc!

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

I must be crazy because i'm not a liquid lip girl and yet i ordered 3 because i loved the application and the blurred looks she did.... oops. In my defense i was waiting to restock the hl lol

Well @aviscardi … same! We had to try them right?! If they’re anything like the new CT Lip Blur they could be wonderful! 

Ha funny enough CT was an instant pass. I don’t know what it is about LE products lol. So far i wanna say I’ve tried everything except the liquid blushes which i plan to try if i like the colors whenever she relaunches. And well the cleanser and brushes because $$ ha. But the e/s was the only dud for me. 

787 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png