cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@WinglessOne yes exactly to that point. If i am having a hard time to get most of them showing up then how can it perform for deeper complexions. It seems to be a difference of what the base is under but i don’t want to work that hard for e/s. That was part of the appeal for lurex to me they took so little effort. I took years off eyeshadow and was just wearing mattes. I have a small palette of mattes from Mac and abh -and a few singles from MJ and dior.  I really should have tried viseart when they had their sale but i was thinking i just got LE and didn’t want to get too much at once. Definitely a disappointment and yes i agree it’s probably due to the price. 

ps - did you guys notice they edited the description online to now say satin/matte. Someone mentioned mac veluxe pearls and i instantly thought that’s what the ones in cinnabar reminded me of. Which is not a bad thing but more so for a satin shimmer , moonswirl in Vega had more shine 

I did not notice that @aviscardi , interesting. 🤔I did not fare much better with the matte shades today and agree they are similar. 😕 I’ll keep working with them tho it’s a lot and because I’m not a quitter lol. It won’t be the first or last shadow palette we get but still a bit disappointing. I’ll probably have to try her liquid soon and maybe Violette’s version too. 

I feel like the matte has more of a drag to it than the velvet @aviscardi but I’m going to wear it tomorrow so I’ll see how it is again and report back. I will also try it several ways. It feels pretty arduous to do all this tho for sure! Lol. I’m kind of a blend it fast kind of girl and if I do too much more it usually ends badly for me! 😆

Is the matte supposed to be cream to powder and the velvet regular? they kind of both felt that way maybe less so with velvet LOL but maybe that’s why it supposed to be tapped on instead of just blended like normal, although I don’t remember seeing her do that in the video. It is a lot to make an eyeshadow palette work when nowadays there are so many options. I’d be more inclined if it wasn’t so pricy. kackie tried violette it looks like a liquid lipstick very pigmented   

@aviscardi I don’t think so. Matte just says soft matte texture with touch of luminosity etc. Velvet says creamy matte powder but I didn’t get cream to powder at least on me. So today I used a Sephora eye brush and they blended ok actually and looked pretty tho the Luminous barely showed up when I added a dot over it. Sadly nothing lasted long at all tho. Even with cream primer underneath. That really surprises me. So many seem to love it and maybe they’re just not as picky as we are. Lol But also, we should be. 🙂 Yup, I think the V are very pigmented. I think I’d like them for a liner thing. Still want more of a wash that isn’t too much shimmer or sparkle. 

That’s a shame @aviscardi , I get it. You shouldn’t keep it if it’s not going to work no matter how you try it. Nope. I think mine worked somewhat decently only because the Trinny cream shadow was so sheer that it didn’t stick too much. It’s too bad as I can’t imagine LE thought this would be so problematic you know? I doubt I’ll chance any singles or more palettes unless she does some tweaks to the formula. I have Mitzah too and love it! This is why I stick to Dior so often, can’t go wrong with most of them I think! 

@Sunnysmom I found Sorcery below average at best and did not convince me to pick up any others 

That’s interesting it’s the one everyone was fawning over. Did you find it to not perform well? 

@aviscardi Yes. The formula of the more shimmery and metallic shades was quite oily and reminded me a lot of old ND. They swatch really well but even over a number of my best primers they faded to nothing resembling the colour applied within an hour.

I also found the singles I bought (Illusionism topper and Turbulence matte) underwhelming. The topper was quite gritty and had very little impact even though I applied it with fingers. And the matte I had similar issues to all of you where it just wouldn’t lay down nicely. Couple that with the size vs the cost, I won’t be buying more.

Omgosh yes and i hated the topper. It did nothing lol. I didn’t wear them so i can’t speak to longevity of the shimmers but the price has a huge factor to it especially the size. Actually they weren’t as silicone feeling as the older mufe formula but the shimmers reminded me of the satin formula when they hardpan

I believe it , thank you @Mochapj . Bummer. Colors looked so beautiful! 😢

@Sunnysmom  So beautiful!  Rain looks pretty good too!

I love Rain @Ispend2much6 ! Wasn’t going to get it and so glad I did. It’s got depth. I 
thought you could see eye swatches better on this pic today.Inside and outside.  😊

@Sunnysmom omg beautiful?! I want mine too! Stomps feet ...

I know @ChristalM ! 😩😭When are they arriving?! So weird, Vega literally just showed up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Sunnysmom, stunning swatches! Weighing lipsticks The Dutchess, Pompadour, and Rain lipsticks + the Vega eyeshadow palette.

You def need these @TraceyEB ! 💞

@Sunnysmom ,

Ooooh!  That's an attractive eyeshadow Palette!

In the lipsticks, I really like the Pompadour shade!  Thank you for all of these swatches!

I love your photo with the lipsticks and the elegant bag!

I like it too @tsavorite , good mix of lights to darker, cools and more neutrals! 

@Sunnysmom @Awesome! Those are some really nice shades ! 

Very happy with them all @Kim888 ! She did such a good collection imo! 

Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png
testing