cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Oh good for you @aviscardi you have had good resolve! Yes I’m trying to do the one out one in theory. For buying anything these days. Should be more like 3 out 1 in for lippies tho, or none. 🤦🏻‍♀️ What did you decide to do? I like Blush because you can tone it down tho yes it is I suppose more intense. I’m probably a bad judge because most of mine are so vivid and darker. Lol I think she really is so thoughtful with her shades. I am having such fomo on cinnabar bec it can look cool red in pics and yet in most it’s def a warmer cinnamon spice right? I’m telling myself that. Lol  I’ll have to see what other swatches look like. There has to be a good dupe for it somewhere too.  This may be an unpopular opinion but I do wish her velvets were a little little bit more creamy. I will have to use them with a balm I think so they don’t get too dry on me. Gloss helps or pencil too but still…oops. 🙃 I have to try the foundation sample tomorrow. You like? 

Haha. I haven’t caved yet. Partly because i ordered the SG new buffer pro for the smaller handle, so I’ll probably end up selling the face one i just got in the summer. 

blush looks more brown in some photos vs straight mauve and with pinks i have such a hard time. I also tell myself if i got petal how much would i reach for it now vs in the spring. Though i know she usually doesn’t restock velvets during that time, unsure if that would change. With all lippies i apply balm right when i start my makeup so it’s not something i notice. However even when i was working in office I’d end up applying gloss after 4-5 hrs , then just gloss the rest of the day, same now. 

Since wfh and wearing less makeup i started to be more tough with my choices. If i bought it w/in 6 mon, say the last sale how much have i reached for it.  If I’m preferring something else over it then i will sell it so someone else can have it while it’s still newer. 

i always attempt to take pics when the bullets are pristine but lighting inside not as good and then i want to wear it lol. So if i can get anything today I’ll have to wait til the wknd. Mine looks more burnt orange but reds are hard to capture so that might be the issue with it pulling more red. 

Thank you for your thoughts @aviscardi . That was one benefit of wfh for you then! I still have to have something on even if home like a red tint or something. If not full on just because. 😂 Agree on reds in pics. They are tricky! I’m holding off on getting Cinnabar. I know it’ll be more rusty red than I want. Bummer but relief too! 😊💞

i did in the beginning once or twice during the week. maybe if i walked to SB, but truthfully i don't like that loc so i stopped going and had no motivation to put anything on. i just stay bare faced at home unless im testing something for the wknd. balm for me or maybe a clear gloss mostly.

also yes, just took some shots this morning. IRL bullet is a warm rusty red brown but photographs more deep red.

Thanks @aviscardi . Do you love it? That makes me feel better too. Less fomo! 

A few comparisons to Cinnabar, NARS Mona and TF Marocain

739F3331-D6A9-4EEE-87F7-92641AC720A9.jpeg

403D20CB-FE45-4068-B0C5-18F1AB0EA3D2.jpeg

Interesting. Is the middle shade LE, for some reason i would think it’s the far right. Also seeing this reminds me of a nars audacious shade that i had years ago. Don’t know if they even make it but i think that line had a burnt ruddy brown. 

@aviscardi yes, the middle is the LE shade. Far right is Marocain 

My Lisa order, cinnabar lipstick and gloss, and Dragon and Myth glosses

E749F80D-D797-4E03-B9A1-0766E66C3F3A.jpeg

8092832C-5D4E-4094-8367-C495C899479B.jpeg

F70A49C9-C367-4DDC-9B73-C491113F3C6C.jpeg

C201FCB0-CBFF-4FDC-A1A9-BD04F4232D40.jpeg

92C7E4E9-422E-4E84-B28A-F8F61192994E.jpeg

@Mochapj  Cinnabar looks great on you!  They all do, just that one is such a nice reddish shade.

Thank you @Ispend2much6 

Thank you for showing us @Mochapj , they look lovely on you. I knew Cinnabar would! Do you love it? 

Thanks @Sunnysmom 

I do, but it’s a little different than I was expecting it to be. I thought it would be a little more yellow based than it is. 

Yes @Mochapj I was going to say it looks redder than I thought it would at least on your lips. On your swatch it looks a little less so but I guess that makes sense with the color of one’s lips. I wanted it but figured it would be too warm for me but now seeing it I dunno! 

I ended up with Velvet Midnight, Velvet Blush and Blush Lightly (plus Blush Lightly liner.)  @Sunnysmom  I kept considering Jazz but it looked so different on so many people, and was pinkish if dabbed instead of applied normally, I didn't want to take the chance of not liking it.

Those sound like great choices for you @Ispend2much6 . I have Midnight from before. Moody and fun. Jazz is so interesting - it can look cool toned and then very neutral other times I find almost warm. Its not pink on me but my lips are so weird. Lol. It’s more neutral than Myth which is more wine pinky deep red to me. I wear both Jazz and Myth a bunch. Wait you got Myth before didn’t you? Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Blush is so good isn’t it! 

By chance anyone know how close Mac rebel and Le myth are ? That use to be one of my favorites when i wore bold lips, along with Mac diva. But i wanted a matte version of rebel and diva was too drying.  

also now I’m having fomo from not having ordered the matching liner to cinnabar.  And the foundation samples are still oos damn lol 

@aviscardi Here is Myth on top of Rebel. 
Rebel is def more to the berry purple on me at least. I love Diva too.  🤗

A4E5F352-C169-4E54-B3B8-5E65D763E329.jpeg

TY. @Sunnysmom  hmm very interesting but not quite there.

I haven’t ventured out into other brands for a cinnabar-esque liner mostly because i like matching brands, even though i like to interchange the combos. Was actually thinking about trying dragon paired with cinnabar to mute it down. But the liner & foundation samples are oos. 

That sounds pretty @aviscardi , I get that and bet it could work nicely. I’m still sitting here w Cinnabar fomo lol. You think more red or truly too warm leaning. Hope she has the samples soon! 

I was chatting with someone on Ig and they sent me comparison pics and i loved the way it looked. Dragon with cinnabar liner. I don’t know if I’m brave enough for dragon alone but paired with affair liner will have to do for now lol. I have a pic on my IG as well paired with affair liner & cinnabar. For some reason it leans more red  on swatch, but it definitely showed a rusty red brown on my lips, more dirty. I suspect it’s one of those shades that’s going to change depending on your lip pigment & skintone   I will say it looked more orange based on Lisa so I don’t know if that’s due to the lipliner also.  & i blotted in between too! So not as intense as her pic on Ig either. 

@Sunnysmom 

right now light 2 set is back in stock, so I don’t know if i should wait til light 1 is back to have a proper comparison of shades. Wish i would have realized you could order multiples day of launch 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png