cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

I received my order yesterday too! I tried all day to post between the web & mobile and nothing would go through. Well in any case i really want to take nice pics on the weekend but also want to wear one of the lipsticks ahaha priorities  🙂 I was surprised at how fast it arrived, and early so as soon as I saw the time change i put on some makeup so i could test the hl. For REF i wore: bobbi brown stay all day fdn, PMG clr, set under eyes with LM & face with HG. I used the CT spray and it sat for maybe 20mins when the pkg arrived. When i wear the CT wand i like to apply a sheer base of powder hl under like the nars one, nothing intense it just helps with the blend lines. I applied the Lisa El. hl with my fingers and didn't notice (if any) lifting, not sure if the time in between made a difference. Then i go in overtop with whatever was left on the brush to amplify. The texture is reminiscent of the CT flawless filter but much less greasy (gel like) and it actually dried down (assuming this is dependent on your base under). I don't want to get ahead of myself lol but I can't wait to try this again to wear out, it was such a pretty glow upon first impressions!

** swatches are now up on my IG (anne.visca)

@aviscardi  Sounds great!!

My goodies arrived today! Err, yesterday, since it’s now after midnight CT. Tried on all 3 items tonight: 

Why yes, I did accidentally go overboard while finger-applying the Pink Poetry blush. :D That stuff is POTENT.Why yes, I did accidentally go overboard while finger-applying the Pink Poetry blush. 😄 That stuff is POTENT.

Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colour, Spirited Away is sheerer than I hoped for, but I like it anyway. 
Spoiler
Spirited Away is a rosewood that, on me, is much sheerer than any of the tinted non-astral PMG Lip Fetish Balms. That’s 3 coats on my lips in the photo, and it can’t be built up beyond that. 

I said earlier that I struggled to choose between Spirited Away and Painterly, but went with the former because I thought the later would be too similar to PMG Lip Fetish shade Flesh 3—and I’m trying very hard to at least stop buying dupes (unless I need a better formula than what I’ve already got), because my lipstick hoard is ridiculously large again. Here are some comparison swatches, if anyone’s curious. 

Flesh 3 & Flesh 5 are PMGs. Pink Poetry top swatch is blended out; bottom swatch is about 1.5 coats unblended. Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting, so Delilah has lost her blue tones. I might redo these swatches in daylight later.Flesh 3 & Flesh 5 are PMGs. Pink Poetry top swatch is blended out; bottom swatch is about 1.5 coats unblended. Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting, so Delilah has lost her blue tones. I might redo these swatches in daylight later.

Gloss Embrace Lip Gloss, Delilah is my kind of sheer to demi-sheer gloss.
Spoiler
My photo doesn’t show Delilah's subtle shimmer very well. It’s not in-your-face sparkly, but it does contain very fine blue glitter—so fine, I can’t feel it at all. 

I bought this shade because 1) I couldn’t resist this color and 2) I already have and love Myth. Delilah performs as well as Myth: even coverage, though Delilah’s less opaque than Myth; no goopiness between my lips; very minimally sticky; no smaste; not a ton of transfer on my cup of water; and Delilah hasn’t bled or feathered at all in the 2 hours I’ve worn it so far. I really should order more of these glosses while they’re still in stock. (Heh, I also said that after trying Myth last year.) 

Delilah almost reminds me of a Fenty Gloss Bomb shade. Note to self: do some comparison lip swatches soon. 
Enlivening Blush, Pink Poetry is just as pigmented as Lisa promised. 
Spoiler
You really do need just a teeny tiny bit of this blush for both cheeks. At first I was annoyed by the difficulty of squeezing product out of the tube. I quickly realized that’s a good thing, lest folks quickly squeeze out way too much product and give themselves Pikachu cheeks. The blush hasn’t faded at all from my cheek yet, but it’s only been 2 hours. I need to give it a full day wear test. 

This blush formula feels very… I’m not sure how to describe it… thin but not watery… not quite oily… nothing like the EM Cosmetics liquid blushes, which do feel very emollient (and leave much more of an oil-glow finish) on the cheeks—yet Lisa's blush does feel emollient, not dry at all. Considering how many oils are on the INCI list, I'm surprised it doesn't feel like a facial oil. It feels lightweight once I start blending it out—and it finger-blends quite easily. I’ll try it with a brush later. It plays nice with my skin texture and really does leave a skin-like finish. In that way, it reminds me of Glossier Cloud Paints (which I love). 

When these blushes come back in stock, I’ll buy another shade. Well done, Lisa! 

Love them all on you @WinglessOne ! I think I’m most excited about the blushes. Looks like those of us on the WC have to wait a day or 2 more! 😄

@WinglessOne Everything looks great on you. I might have to pick up couple more blushers once they come back in stock as well 🥰

love delilah on you! I gravitate towards the same shades as well and am really trying to hone in on the formulas i love. Glosses not so much haha and now that i am 'still' wfh i really shouldn't be buying that much in general. however since masks are going away in my head it's justified lol. 

Those glosses really look wonderful on you @WinglessOne .  I knew you would get Delilah- I almost did myself.  Looking at Pink Poetry on you I do think you would like MW also.  Lisa did do a good job with these- these feel like "grownup" makeup products to me, in a good way.

My order came two days early!  I still have the glosses Beauty and Blush on the way, and the second lightest highlighter.

Sorry for the bad pictures; the lighting stinks too.  I guess we all know by now I'm not a pro at this, but I'm having fun.

Because the lighting was inconsistent, the lip shades look more similar than they are, although they are definitely in the same color family.  I'm very happy with them; they are "my shades," and I think Rose Essential is my favorite.

Crystal Nebula, Spirited Away, Rose Essential, Painterly, Muse, Mountain Walk

20210617_000027_HDR.jpg

MuseMuse

Rose EssentialRose EssentialSpirited AwaySpirited AwayPainterlyPainterly

Spirted Away, Rose Essential, Painterly, Muse glossSpirted Away, Rose Essential, Painterly, Muse gloss

Crystal Nebula spread thinly on left, Mountain Walk on top of Crystal Nebula on rightCrystal Nebula spread thinly on left, Mountain Walk on top of Crystal Nebula on right

Spoiler
Crystal Nebula with Mountain Walk.  Even though MW is very pigmented, and I'm about a NW 20, it still was easy to apply it light enough to look okay.Crystal Nebula with Mountain Walk. Even though MW is very pigmented, and I'm about a NW 20, it still was easy to apply it light enough to look okay.

Love the muse gloss. I got that the first go around and was surprised she hadn’t released a fawn gloss to match the lipstick. 

@aviscardi  It's a nice nude.

@Ispend2much6 Thx for posting. I don’t worry so much now hearing that you love Rose Official ❤️

@blackkitty2014. I hope you love it too. I was afraid it would turn orange on me but nope it is pinkish instead.

@Ispend2much6  Psh, your photos aren't bad. Thanks for sharing them! I'm glad you like everything you ordered! 

I'm also glad you were able to sheer Mountain Walk enough for your comfort level. 🙂 I'm still surprised by how pigmented these blushes are. I mean, I'm not complaining at all, I'm just used to having to build up liquid and tubed cream blushes. I almost bought Mountain Walk and probably will whenever it comes back in stock. It looks great on you! Such a beautiful match for your skin tone. 

You're so kind, @WinglessOne !  I really try to get my pictures to show the colors as close to true as possible. 

After seeing a lot of swatches, I think I would like a couple more blushes also!  I love how they really do blend well into the skin, better than powder for me, which surprised me.  MW really is my type of shade; I need a really cool-toned shade on my skin for it to not turn muddy.

My Lisa order came in this evening. Despite the notification that Painterly was being shipped separately, it was included in my package.

Spirited Away

F1BA4FF2-6963-4019-A79B-61292EFC4E47.jpeg

Painterly

49D4C440-36D5-47A2-BC53-8BAE82E21A2D.jpeg

Atomic Cherry

6643B3CB-2FAA-4256-8FA1-C09B907D7B01.jpeg

Affair Gloss Embrace

3F700696-E31F-48F0-B06F-70E09D51EA61.jpeg

Solar Light Seamless Skin, Island Glow and Venetian Red Enlivening Blush

D3975C76-5D04-49EA-911C-1D4542C53103.jpeg

the lipsticks are definitely sheerer than the last time she released this formula. I also think the difference between Spirited Away and Painterly is extremely minimal.

Thx for posting @Mochapj. I am admiring all the looks since yesterday but can’t posted 😭

@Mochapj. I adore atomic cherry on you! Thanks for getting the swatches out so quickly.

@Mochapj  I appreciate your swatches of Spirited Away and Painterly. I had a hard time choosing between them, and your swatches confirm how similar they are. I figured Painterly would be a touch cooler (still warm toned, just less warm) and deeper than Spirited Away and, as a result, might look too much like PMG Lip Fetish Flesh 3. So I have Spirited Away coming. 

Ditto. I had similar thoughts as to the same depth but different undertone and figured i only ‘needed’ one. 

These look so good on you @Mochapj , so glad you got them today! 💞 There is a very faint difference between them isn’t there, that’s kind of surprising. But lovely on you. I wonder how long they will last since a lighter formula etc. Enjoy em! 

I have my shipping notice(S)!  My orders are in Ohio right now, and may actually be here by Thursday- that was quick!  Did anyone else get theirs?

Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png
testing