Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Liquid Versus Bullet

I have always been a lipstick girl, but I am wondering which is worth the money. Of course, each brand varies on their colours, scent, formula, texture, and coverage. I was curious, which is worth the buy; liquid lipsticks or regular lipstick. And if one brand has better formulas on either lipstick types. 

Re: Liquid Versus Bullet

I don't think either one is more "worth it". It depends on your preference on the formula, the colour, and most importantly the QUALITY.

Crappy liquid lipstick, $20. Great bullet lipstick, $20. I choose the $20 bullet lipstick.

Great liquid lipstick, $20. Crappy bullet lipstick, $20. I choose the $20 liquid lipstick.

Anonymous Insider

Bullet.  I had a liquid that started smelling moldy before the 1 year mark and I haven't purchased one since.

@mvm211 I agree with the other posters that it's a personal choice.  Right now I prefer bullets, b/c the liquid lipsticks I've tried have all been matte and I don't prefer that look.  Perhaps once more variety comes about or the matte craze dies down then I will feel differently.

I think it's more related to personal preference than anything. I personally prefer bullet lipsticks because I find many of them less drying than some of the liquid formulas I've tried--and I think they're easier to apply evenly. The exceptions are Nars Lip Glides, which I love. As for bullet lipsticks, I love Givenchy Le Rouge, MAC, Besame, and Urban Decay Vice.

I personally don't think it needs to be an "either or" with lipstick formulas. There can be room for both in any collection, it just depends on what exactly you're looking for. If you want to expand your collection with some liquid lipsticks, I find Kat Von D to work best for me, and I am very interested in trying the new Bite or NARS ones. Traditional bullet style, UD Vice, Marc Jacobs, Bite, and NYX are my favorites. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing