Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Liquid Lipstick to Lipstick ๐Ÿ’„

Iโ€™ve been a liquid lipstick wearer for 15 years. It just works for me, I never have to touch up my lips, I never leave lipstick marks on my 34 coffees I drink/day - they just suit my needs. 

However, what iโ€™m noticing is the down side being they really do dry out my lips, not as much colour selection as traditional lipsticks and maybe itโ€™s just time for a change? 

Iโ€™m looking for lipsticks with the least amount of transfer possible. I love YSL lipsticks but the added fragrance (I think) causes an allergic reaction, so no YSL. Iโ€™m open to anything else! 

Re: Liquid Lipstick to Lipstick ๐Ÿ’„

Interesting thread, @GG84 . I'm sort of the other way, as I prefer lipstick over the liquid ones. Being a guy, I fear not being able to clean off the colors. As most lipstick come off easily, while liquids don't and tend to leave a stain.

Would love to try them if there are cleaners out there that cleans everything off.

@Girly2Shoes I only use liquid lipsticks (the ones that dry and don't transfer). It is super easy to get them off if you use a makeup remover that is oily. Even quicker if you press the cotton pads for a few seconds and then swipe.  I use L'Orรฉal Gentle makeup remover for waterproof makeup: works perfectly everytime.

That would work as long as they don't stain the lips, @MlleJuju .

Thanks everyone @sprocketta @Buootiful @KehDee @txcatx @MlleJuju 

I gave up on this quest after several purchases including PMG, Shisedo, MAC and Chanel all failed me. Good news is my mom now has a bunch of new lipsticks. Fair trade though, I โ€˜borrowโ€™ (steal) her very expensive skincare when I visit her house ๐Ÿ˜‚

@GG84 My vote here is also for the Pat McGrath Matte Trance as well.  I will say that the Coloupop Disney Villians Evil Queen shade of red stayed all day for me and I wasn't expecting it.  But that's LE.  Your best bet is PMG.

I dont know if any lipstick is transfer proof but yes, Pat Mcgrath Matte Trance stays on long and transfers a little. I ate a full English breakfast once and I didn't need to retouch afterwards.  Then again, any lipstick or liquid lipstick transfers like crazy for me but stays on all day. Weird. 

Curious though, which liquid lipsticks have you used? I want some transfer free liquid ones but i dont have luck with that. Hope you find a HG lipstick ๐Ÿ™‚ @GG84 

RE: Liquid Lipstick to Lipstick ๐Ÿ’„

I agree with the Pat McGrath suggestion. Charlotte Tilbury hot lips 2.0 have been great so far as well. Tarte coloursplash lippies are usually pretty solid as well.

Like others have mentioned, I also don't know if a bullet lipstick that's completely transfer-proof. I also can't think of a single formula that's consistent among various shades, since some colors definitely last longer than others in pretty much all lipstick formulas I've tried. 

But, in my experience, PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick Flesh 3 109 definitely is the most consistent and tends to last most of the day on me. 

I've also had luck with some of the darker shades of GIVENCHY - Le Rouge Lipstick which also happens to be one of my favorite formulas because it's relatively long lasting while also a bit hydrating. 

Edit: one more--TOM FORD - Lip Color. I have a sample of the shade Casablanca, and I've been impressed with how long this one lasts, too. 

@txcatx Thank you for these suggestions, iโ€™m going to try them out! 

@GG84 I experience the least amount of transfer with the Bite Amuse Bouche lipsticks. There is barely any I feel like. But Iโ€™m also super cautious about how I drink/eat to avoid it as much as possible, so if I drank more โ€normalโ€ maybe there would be more haha. NARS lipsticks leave little transfer as well. I think the brands that have the worst for me are Urban Decay and Marc Jacobs. 

@alexasteph Thank you, I appreciate hearing which lipsticks that transfer the most also, helps me out!! I have a few Nars lipsticks Iโ€™m going to try out. 

@GG84  The no/minimal transfer part has me stumped as well! Most of my matte bullets will transfer a little, though there's always the occasional color out of a line that doesn't transfer after a little powder/blot/or drying down (I'm thinking of a few of the PMG Matte trance lipsticks, blot once then it mostly stays, but it's not all of them). Some of the ABH Matte Lipsticks also won't continue to transfer after the first blot/coffee cup, but I think most people find them fairly drying and stiff, formula varies by color significantly. 

The least transfer-prone bullets I can think of are the new-ish Shiseido VisionAiry Gels. I find the formula quite unique and it dries down with only a little transfer after maybe the first 5 minutes. I can't handle liquid lipsticks, so if I need something that won't move or smear, I'll reach for one of these (Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Sleeping Dragon or the YSL Lip Tatouge Couture Matte Stains. I know you said no YSL (the perfume smaste - tm @WinglessOne , is very noticeable), but the stains are seriously bullet-proof, no smudging, no budging, no fading except with oily foods, and the bright colors will seriously stain your lips overnight. 

Something I occasionally do is fill in my lips with BITE BEAUTY - The Lip Pencil 

and just forgo the lipstick all together. Balm, pencil, blot, pencil, and the color lasts all day for me. I can't speak for the nudes, but all the bright/bold lip pencils have been great!

Okay @MissPuff I definitely just put some Shiseido in my cart. I read the reviews and descriptions and it sounds like it could be a real winner. Thank you for the suggestion! 

@GG84 the shade selection is very limited as of now but the BITE BEAUTY - Outburst Longwear Lip Stain was actually awesome. I wouldn't say it was totally transfer proof when it first is applied but one it set down it was really on all day - on a day I ate tacos and drank I still ended up having to use miceller water to get it off so the wear time was really close to a liquid lip. 

I need to think more about this because, after owning over 400 lipsticks, Iโ€™ve never come across a bulletโ€”not even a matte oneโ€”that doesnโ€™t transfer quite a bit. I can recommend bullet formulas that keep your lips pigmented despite the alarming amount of transfer youโ€™d see on coffee cups, but the little-to-no-transfer piece is difficult. Hmm. 

Have you tried many liquid satins or demi-mattes? I was going to recommend one, until I realized youโ€™re also looking for least transfer possible... the one Iโ€™m wearing right now definitely doesnโ€™t qualify for that. ๐Ÿ˜„ Itโ€™s also very fragranced (though the smell-taste wears off after a few minutes), so thatโ€™s strike 2. Itโ€™s a liquid satin that never fully dries down: By Terry Terrybly Velvet Rouge. I own 2 shades of these. I can wear them without lip balm, which says a lot because Iโ€™m very sensitive to drying lip formulas. They wear amazingly well despite the scary transfer, but, well, hereโ€™s a photo to show what I mean. (Yes, I threw this on sans any other makeup or AM skincare. Good morning!) 

SO thrilled to still be awake; who needs sleep, anyway?SO thrilled to still be awake; who needs sleep, anyway?

The only other thing I can think of right now is also not a bullet: Huda Demi-Mattes. I own a few of them and honestly, theyโ€™re hit or miss in the overall performance department. Some shades wear longer and transfer much less than others. Oh, thereโ€™s also Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lipsticks: those are like a semi-glossy satin finish with minimal transfer. 

Iโ€™ll try to think of any bullets or crayons that wonโ€™t stain the heck out of everything your lips touch. 

RE: Re: Liquid Lipstick to Lipstick ๐Ÿ’„

You always amaze me with your knowledge @WinglessOne!

@WinglessOne Thatโ€™s a beautiful shade you have on there. Transferring is my main gripe. I see so many clients daily and donโ€™t have an office type job, so iโ€™m Constantly on the go. I have to remember so many things, worrying about lipstick transfer on my teeth or an accidental smear across my face isnโ€™t one I need added to the list. 

Maybe iโ€™m stuck in liquid lipstick land for that reason? 

@GG84 Well, if it's any consolation, you're not alone being stuck in liquid-lipstick-land. I hate too that there is less colocr choices. Plus, I bought many liquid lipstick that were supposed to be transfer-free. Well, not totally true. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ If I may ask, which brands do you prefer in terms of liquid lipsticks that doesn't smear all over the face? 

@GG84  I always end up with little lipsticks lines/smears on the outer corner of my lips from taking a sip from my marked up coffee cup. Drives me nuts and I look like a lame-o version of the joker.

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 105 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • SO thrilled to still be awake; who needs sleep, anyway?
testing