Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lipstick

What do you all use to help keep your lipstick on longer.?  I use the Bite primer and a cream based lipstick, but 30 minutes later, my lipstick has worn off.  Is it better to use a matte lipstick and gloss?  Any brands that you can recommend?  

Tags:

Re: Lipstick

@Sleebailey You've gotten some great responses below already, but I thought I'd give my two cents. I typically gravitate towards lip stains/tints when I want something long lasting but not overwhelmingly dry. I like the Yves Saint Laurent Water Stain Lip Stain for this purpose. I find that certain matte lipsticks also stay put for a while on their own: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Walk of No Shame. When I'm in a pinch, I'll also spray my lips with Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray for good measure when setting the rest of my makeup with the same spray.

Sometimes I'll pat a little setting powder on my lips to make traditional lipsticks last longer. But if I really want my lips to last I use a lip product that's meant to be more long lasting than a traditional lipstick. These are a few liquid lipsticks I like. But if you want something that wears more like a traditional lipstick you might like the lipstick pencils from NARS. They're a go to for me and they last really well. Also, I've found lipsticks generally last the longest if they're just used on their own on your bare lips. Applying over a primer or balm makes them disappear quicker. And putting a gloss over usually does too. Longer lasting lipsticks tend to be more drying. But the trick is to make sure your lips are well hydrated and smooth ahead of time. I always make sure I sleep with a good lip mask the night before. 

tarte Tarteist™ Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick Finesse KVD Beauty Everlasting Longwear Liquid Lipstick L.U.V. NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil 

@Sleebailey Have you tried using a lipliner all over the lips and then applying lipstick on top and then placing a tissue over the lips and blotting it with powder on top?

I think it’s less about what additional products can be used and more about the lipstick itself that determines how long it wears. Primers are usually silicone so they help smooth out fine lines but actually shorten the wear because of the slip.

A matte liquid lip will always wear longer than a cream or gloss. Stains also help to make the color fading less obvious. I like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick and hear the FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Unattached  is great as well. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing