Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lipstick Shade

I have fair skin and auburn colored hair, I can never find a lipstick color that looks good on me. Any suggestions?

Re: Lipstick Shade

@Samiibaby94 I have similar coloring and trouble... I've found that for whatever reason, the undertone of a lip shade comes through very strongly on me (peach shades look orange, nudes look brown or dull, bluish-reds turn very pink or purple).

Your eventual "Cinderella" red is likely to be a brick red... the right one will stay red when you put it on, rather than pulling orange or brown, and will look bright but not artificial. Compatible rose shades will be warm without suddenly turning pink when you apply them. Lots of advice says blue-reds make your teeth look whiter, but cooler undertones are likely to fight against your coloring too much to benefit from this so don't feel bad about steering clear of those. 

Honing in on those types of shades by different brands would be a good place to start... in the meantime, ymmv but I've been pleasantly surprised by Fenty's "universal" shades for gloss and liquid red, and a couple of the Mattemoiselle roses and reds.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing