Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor

swfupload_3612688991436155382.jpg

So I have been wondering about this particular product for a long while now and since I have seen it pop up on the boards recently I thought I would ask all you BTers to tell me about it. I don't live anywhere near a store that I could look at this in person, so I am turning to BT. Smiley Very Happy

Tell me about this blue mystery.

Re: Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor

I just tried this at Ulta about a week ago. It is suppose to make your teeth look whiter. I have to tell you, it did nothing special for me. It was not ugly or anything but is did not make any difference in my teeth color. I can wear a lipstick with a purple hue and it does the same thing.

I'll admit I am totally suckered in by it actually being blue, though I realize that its mainly irrelevant. XD I have a nice sheer plum lip color that I guess I should see if I can wear regularly before I even think about getting another (weather it looks like amazing alien make up or not). Me and lip colors, we always seem to have problems.

I bought a tube and LOVE it.

It is very similar to Clinique black honey, but it is so moisturizing!

It is the consistency of a lip balm, and the color is build-able, so you can change how light or  dark the color appears by how many layers you apply. About three layers of Hey Sailor is equal to one layer of Black Honey.

It isn't opaque at all, it is very sheer.

Lip balm consistency I like. XD Also, sheer is good. I am pretty sure I do the laziest lip in the west as far as makeup so I am a big fan of sheer.

I love it.

Here's some swatches:

(outside)

Thank you for the swatch. It looks very pretty.

I saw this on Beauty dot com, and also wondered about it!

Its hard not to wonder what blue lipstick is doing in the more upscale beauty world. XD

want!

This is going to sound crazy, but if one of you who has used this could answer this I'd be thrilled.  Does it have the typical lipstick smell?  One of the reasons I don't use lipstick is the waxy, crayon smell they usually have.  I haven't been able to see this in the wild, so I haven't been able to get a whiff.  Thanks!

It does have a very slight scent, but it is like the smell of "unscented" products. Very faint.

It has a lipstick scent. I almost shoved the stick up my nose to smell anything though.  It's very faint.

Wow! Those are excellent descriptions! Thanks. It says it's supposed to be a deep berry tint and also says turns into a sheer plum. Maybe it's a little different on different people. It's supposed to make your teeth look whiter, if you have teeth that may be a bit yellow. Couldn't see anything about scent, that's always a biggie for me. You might want to go to Lipstick Queen website, I didn't see anything about the scent but you could call the customer service number and ask them directly, maybe that'll do the trick, hope you find out. This would probably be good to mix with other colors and have fun with. Hope you let us know if you do/don't get and if you like it. Good Luck.

It looks completely different, depending on the lighting!

That was my swatch below, here's what it looks like on the same pair of super pigmented lips:

Natural light, not in sunshine:

Inside with flash:

Inside, no flash:

Looks like three different shades!

Now I really want to buy it. XD

I haven't tried this shade, but I LOVE Lipstick Queen lipstick. I really wish Sephora sold them.

I think the Hello Sailor color is  very pretty.  On my skin, which is light to medium, it looks like a light iridescent  purple/pink.  I was really surprised.  It has a like glossy look and a creamy feel as well.

I had never seen this before so when I was in Ulta yesterday I asked about it.  None of my local Ultas carry Lipstick Queen so I'm going to order it online.  Free shipping on $25 and the lipstick is $25 so that works for me!

Thanks for bringing this product to my attention!

Enabling skills activate. LOL

I went to Ulta and there's only one in state that carries this brand, Lipstick Queen.  Darn!

So I may order it online Smiley Happy.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • swfupload_3612688991436155382.jpg