Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Lipstick Playground

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

Glamorous247, not sure if you're talking to me or Vaashtii, but if me- thanks! lol

Highlighted

I love Villain too!! 

I love it! You look great!

Like your eyes, lips are nice, wish I could wear the deep shades like you. 

Thank you! Smiley Happy Anyone can wear dark shades! Just gotta be confident about it! Smiley Happy

Literally looks amazing on you!

I walked into Shoppers Drug Mart to replace my used up Clinique red lip liner and walked out with four things...

First, they didn't have my red liner so I got another red one by Lise Watier, plus a nude Clinique lip liner that (I'm hoping) matches my natural lip color--didn't want to ruin my current red lip to I didn't try.

Then the associate helping me joined my swatch fest and I encountered these two amazing almost duo-chrome like lipsticks.

Meet Lise Watier Rouge Gourmande in Hot Cocoa (top) and Grenadine (bottom). You know that feeling when you look at a bottle of metallic-finish nail polish and it has that amazing duochromey-swirliness of color that it makes you clap your hands in excitement on the inside (no? Ok, that's just me then). Well these lipsticks have the same gorgeous swirliness in the tube which I'm sure won't translate on the lips but I don't care. They're so pretty. I will color the back of my hand with these every day if I had to:

On the hand, these colors are amazing. I swatched Grenadine twice in the store because it has this amazing firey glowiness to it. I think that even if these colors don't have the same duochromey quality on the lips, they will still have a super pretty, glowy quality:

I'm sorry I said "glow" and "amazing" so many times. I shall try these on sometime this week and report back when I do!

Canadian gals, I highly suggest you run to your nearest SDM that carries Lise Watier and swatch their lipsticks if you have never tried them. They all have a super smooth buttery quality and the Rouge Gourmand is extra luxe-feeling. I encountered a couple (out of about 20 I swatched) that were too waxy and skipped, but I'm not sure if that was because of the tester's age or something...they also have a wide range of colors in every collection, and some of their matte reds were to die for.

Whoa! Those look so foil-y and pretty! Not my usual kind of thing, but I would play with layering it lightly over creamy colors. They both look like they will be gorgeous on you! Can these be found anywhere in the US?

I'm not too sure if any U.S. Stores carry LW!

The website ships to the US!

I only looked at the Shipping page, it says "Lisewatier.com ships via Canada Post to Canadian addresses only" Smiley Sad

Unless you're thinking of another site?

You can change the country at the top of the website - they have a US version of the site as well Smiley Happy 

That makes so much more sense! Smiley Very Happy glad to see that it's possible for our friends across the border to get these!

I can relate.I love the metallic finish duochrome type lipsticks. Both look like fun to wear!

No Shoppers Drug Mart near me. Smiley Sad

Those look so fun! Very pretty colors!

Very pretty colors, k617!  I particularly like the top swatch  Smiley Happy   Thanks for sharing!

Grenadine is beautiful.  Hope to see you wear it soon...

Here is Grenadine over today's lipstick (MJ Je T'Aime). I'm happy to report that the glowy quality does translate onto lips!

Also edited to add: These are cotton candy scented. Might be a deal breaker for some but it smells deeeeelish. Scent fades in about 1.5-2 hours.

I will take a better pic when I wear it for real. 

So pretty! I need to get my hands on this!

LOVE IT! <3

Those are all lovely!

Here is Hot Coco over Clinique's quick liner in cocoa rose, which is about half a shade darker and slightly browner than my natural lip color. 

It looks plummy in the tube but on the lips is a brownish dark berry red. The lighting in my house isn't very good and this looks redder in the photo than in real life. It might be better for fall and winter but could work for an evening look in the summer too I guess!

Grenadine is still my favourite of the two and now that makes me want to go back to look at the lighter colors that I passed up. Some of the sheerer ones would be so pretty over a solid base color or lip liner!

I think Greenchili needs a REAL challenge. A different lipstick everyday for a year! And I'd even give her a prize if she succeeds...another lipstick, of course!! Smiley Happy

jcmb,

When I started the lipstick challenge last year, I did well over a 100 days with no repeat.  I would not succeed in a one year challenge only because I have some favourite lipsticks I wear for specific occassions and events.  So those would get repeated during the year.

Technically I think I could do a year challenge......

The real challenge would be the same 5 lipsticks for a year! 

1 Reply