Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Lipstick Playground

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

Thanks so much @moxiepancakes! And I did ask you at the absolute last second Smiley Happy Hevyn is actually my very favorite, one of the few lipsticks I actually have doubles of. I ended up getting Peccadille, but it hasn't arrived yet. Now I am trying to choose between Gamine, Paramour, and Chucoter, which would you get first?

super gasp!  I neeed that most perfect colour!  how's the moisture level? 

@moxiepancakes,

This color is so beautiful on you!  I love it!  Smiley Happy

In case people are curious about possible "dupe"... I did some swatching  last night, and NARS Michiyo is the closest one to HOF that I have, or can think of right now. Michiyo is more yellow ( and warmer ) irl compared to oh so blue HOF.

More pics. Michiyo and HOF alone, side by side. For better view.

I want to know ALL the colors on your hand. They're all so pretty!

@snoflakefaerie  Top to bottom: Revlon Fuchsia Fusion, HOF, Michiyo. The little one on the side is MAC Pink Pigeon.

Thank you!

i thought i'd add to this for reference / help !

across on top is bite HOF

• bottom left is RODIN 'billie on the bike' lipstick, clearly darker, more purple / berry
  • middle is RODIN 'billie on the bike' lip liner. it seems to be just about a perfect dupe (swatches horribly but is great on lips !!)
  • right is NARS schiap (a perfect michiyo dupe, just a different formula). as you say, close but is warmer than HOF 

Thanks, Jem. 

But, I just have to add I don't think Schiap is a "perfect" Michiyo dupe at all. Close, yes. But, definitely not a "perfect dupe". It is a bit lighter, and more "muted" compared to Michiyo. It is also a little cooler ( and bluer ).  They look like two totally different lipsticks on me. Very similar, yes. But, different. I'd swatch them side by side, but I don't have Schiap anymore.

Experimenting today. For science. Actually, I lie. It's purely for funsies. You may notice the difference because I am telling you about it, and it is a close up of my lips, after all. But, in real life, face to face, even invading my personal space majorly... Nobody can tell I am wearing two different lipsticks on my upper and lower lip. Smiley Wink

which ones are you wearing???

ok im going to guess.  Michiyo and HOF?

Yes.

Those are super close, @lyravega. Maybe it's just the lighting, but the one on your bottom lip looks slightly bluer. Is one of them Hall of Famer? and maybe the Bite nearly neon fuchsia colour? Or what colours are they? Either way, they look beautiful on you!

Thank you, @suessquatsch . I was just playing around. It's NARS Michiyo on my upper lip, and HOF on the lower. They are pretty similar, I just wanted to see how much exactly on my lips. And, yes, HOF is bluer and cooler. Michiyo warmer and yellower. But, the difference between these two is not really visible irl, when actually wearing them like this. And, yes - lighting I had and the angle help HOF to stand out more in the photo.

Today was audacious Juliette. She's my go to girl when my hair is in a messy bun. Weird I know but if my hair is down she's selfish and distracting. My current try to make it work is Mac notice me. It's so pale and light it's literally blah blah blah on me. Currently crushing on the YSL stains after a blind buy and adding a couple more soon when I can properly swatch other shades. Love this formula. 

Juliette is so pretty! ( If anyone has a lip swatch on a pale skin... please do share! )

Notice Me! I know exactly what you mean. It's a very pretty pastel lavender shade, but oh so sheer! I personally prefer more opaque lippies, so it was a pass for me ( which was not easy, because I'm nuts about purples/lilacs/lavenders/violets/all in da family! Smiley Happy )... But, but, but... I wish it was more pigmented... 

I'm pretty fair. I'll swatch her on my next wear. Ohhhhhh... Tell me of your purple lovelies! So far my favorite is Dominique but I haven't gotten around to swatching others of the like. The new bite seemed so similar so I passed.

Highlighted

here you go. I think it is a gorgeous color, I am not sure I like it on me. I looks neon orange! It is muted down a bit here, I have had it on for a couple of hours.

lipstick4soul!  You look so very pretty!

thank you Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Oh, wow! I love it! And, I absolutely love it on you!

And, you are so gorgeous, if I may say. Smiley Happy

Today I was wearing Revlon's ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze  in Perennial Pink. 

( Double posting, but what da heck. Smiley Wink )

I like this soft color. I've never tried revlon. How's the formula?

This is some kind of a glossy stain... I'm not really sure. I only have this one, and I'm not even sure why I have it ( probably got it because of the color - I love this kinda pink ). This is not the kind of a stuff I'm into. But, it's good for what it is ( kinda long wearing glossy whatever ). It was the only thing that I had with me today while on the run around the city, so I slapped it on and carried on. Smiley Wink So, it was perfect, I guess. Smiley Very Happy

3 Replies