Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lipstick Addict

I was wondering if anyone else has a lipstick collection? I always am on a never ending hunt for the perfect shade! I want to hear! Right now I am loving the new MAKEUP BY MARIO Ultra Suede® Lipstick Brielle and Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Satin Shine Lipstick Stoned Rose

Re: Lipstick Addict

@Mellmars1185  Hello fellow lipstick addict! I have over 300 lipsticks and most of them are bullets (instead of liquids). I haven't done a recent count because I'm kinda afraid to. 😂 In 2019, I managed to get my lipstick hoard below 300... I think it was around 250. I said I'd keep it under 300 from now on and, well, that didn't work out at all. I'm in another round of decluttering now, which also isn't going well. Participating in the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge thread in 2018 and 2019 helped a lot with my first declutter round. I really should rejoin that thread—and I highly recommend posting there, if you want to join a fun challenge and need good motivation to actually use all your lipsticks. Some folks, including some BIC members, have even larger lipstick collections than I do. 

Here are some old photos of my lipstick collection; I think these are from last year:  

Spoiler
Each carousel can hold 80 bullets in its standard configuration.Each carousel can hold 80 bullets in its standard configuration.I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.I stuck some cubbies to one carousel to hold some of my Guerlain Rouge G bullets. I need to find a 3rd container to hold the rest.I stuck some cubbies to one carousel to hold some of my Guerlain Rouge G bullets. I need to find a 3rd container to hold the rest.I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.Add-on container for some of my lip liners.Add-on container for some of my lip liners.The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.

I have so many other bullets, I need probably 2 more carousels to hold them. 🤦‍♀️ Or you know, I really need to declutter. Aside from Guerlain Rouge Gs, I arrange all my full size bullets by color instead of brand, and I use clear acrylic caps on most of the MAC, Bite (the old Amuse Bouche line), and ColourPop bullets. The Rouge Gs don't fit well in my carousels, so I store most of them together. 

"The perfect shade" for me could be just about anything except most corals and any nude/neutral that washes me out. I'm a big fan of blues, purples, teals, and blacks, but also berries, plums, reds, browns, oranges, and some pinks. 

Oh, and another thread you may want to visit is Show Me Your Beauty Collections!💗 You'll see more than just lipstick collections, but it's fun to look through. 

so pretty. 😍  where are your lip towers from? I have one from luxe boxes which i'm not sure if they even make anymore. It holds approx 104 lippies: 80 bullets - 40 on ea side and then there are 2 longer sections on the opposite ends that can hold 6 (x4) in each cubby. At one time i had probably most of it filled on both sides and then i was able to pair down last year. Lip products are my favorite but at a reduced makeup wear probably not good to love them haha. I haven't been able to find a smaller tower to switch out, i love the way mine looks just need it to be shorter to buy less hahha.

I have 38 glosses - 30 in the tower (includes lip oils, summer fridays balm with tint etc), + 4 clear glosses i keep at my work desk and sometimes throw in a bag on the weekend, + 4 Lisa Eldridge that are too big for the tower (store on my makeup organizer) and 33 bullet lipsticks. 

total 71 is probably way too much for wearing makeup 2x/wk =D. knowing this on the weekend i grab 2-3 lippies to re-apply , on top of the one i leave the house wearing lol. when i was going to work in office i was wearing 1/day and sometimes taking a gloss to re-apply - sometimes id forget to grab one. But i guess if im using 6 lippies a week i don't feel terrible , or at least thats what i tell myself

@aviscardi  My carousels are made by JackCubeDesign and I bought 'em at Amazon, where they frequently go out of stock. Once upon a time I had larger carousels that took up too much counter space. I like my current ones because of their small footprint: just 4.5" square and 11" tall. They hold a lot for their size. 

And yeah, I hear you on owning more lipstick than you'll ever wear lately. I'm normally a daily lipstick wearer: many days, I'd leave home wearing just brow pencil and lipstick. Of course the pandemic changed that. Sometime around summer 2020, I started wearing lipstick at home just so I could still get some use out of my hoard. 😄 Eventually I started using a different type of mask (KN95) that doesn't sit right up against my mouth, so I could wear lipstick under my masks with no smudging. I don't care if other people can't see my lipstick; I know it's there, and I wear it for myself anyway. 

@WinglessOne Thanks for sharing! I will check oht the other posts! Your lipstick seems very organized. I think the problmen with my collection is that i cant see what i own because it is in a few bags that are so full i cant move what is inside them without everything spilling

@Mellmars1185  That's the main reason I store lipstick the way I do: I need to be able to see it at a glance, and I need easy access to it all. It drives me nuts when I have to dig through lipsticks to find the one(s) I'm looking for. If you have the counter/vanity/shelf space, a carousel or some other type of countertop storage unit is a good investment! 

Your collection is the stuff of dreams @WinglessOne ! I love them so much! I understand now why you have trouble decluttering!

Thanks @makeitup305 ! I'm very slowly moving all my makeup from the bathroom to a vanity area in the bedroom, and trying to use that as further motivation to declutter. At this rate, it'll take many months. 😄

Always love seeing your stash @WinglessOne ! Mine is pretty ridiculous to even take a pic of anymore! Ugh. Resolution once again to work on decluttering! 

@Sunnysmom  I can't take current photos of mine in its current state, so I understand. 😄 But I'd love to see your collection someday! 

Ugh @WinglessOne mine either! Hideous. I try to keep mine by brand and then my most current favs sit out in containers but even that has gone way way awry! I’ll have to work on it and see if ever possible to take a pic of it! I’m too afraid to count. Not proud of that! Drawers and those good carousels you have and told me about. 💞

@Mellmars1185  Have you checked out 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge  lots of great conversations about lipsticks!!!

@ather I was not aware of it but i have now subscribed! Thank you 🙂

Oh yes @Mellmars1185 I do as well, my favorite obsession er category. Mine is in all things red and deep tones. Yours sound like a perfect nude look! 💄💞

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 59 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos6
  • Each carousel can hold 80 bullets in its standard configuration.
  • I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.
  • I stuck some cubbies to one carousel to hold some of my Guerlain Rouge G bullets. I need to find a 3rd container to hold the rest.
  • I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.
  • Add-on container for some of my lip liners.
  • The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.
testing