Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lips so dry they scab/bleed (long post but I really need help)

Dry lips are basically a constant problem for me. Also, it doesn’t help that I’ve always had a nervous habit of biting the dead skin off of my lips, and that I live in « cold-af » Canada. To help, I have a daily routine of using Josie Maran’s oil, followed by chapstick during the day (reapplied profusely), and Bite’s agave lip mask at night (applied heavily). Also I use a scrub once a week and a Sephora sheet mask (the Shea butter one) once in a while. (Yes, quite the regimen I know) But right now, and despite all this, my lips have been hurting like hell (I’m talking scabbing and bleeding daily for the past week or so). When I wake up they’re fine, but it’s as if the Bite mask’s effects disappear as soon as I’m up and my lips get bad again. They’re so sensitive right now that I can’t even use a scrub to help. I’ve tried using the Bite mask during the day since mine is colored (I have it in « maple »), but I don’t really like doing that, especially if I’m not at home, since it’s so sticky and thick. And anyways I just feel like it’s only hydrating on the surface and doesn’t actually help getting my lips better right now. I’ve heard great things about the LaNeige lip mask, and recently I’ve seen Clinique coming out with their own lip mask too. Do you think any of them could help? I’m a student so I don’t have that much extra money to spend (since I’m already spending so much on my lips), so if they’re not as effective or just at the same level as Bite’s mask I’ll just keep using it and hope it gets better. Thanks!

RE: Lips so dry they scab/bleed (long post but I really need help)

Maybe just try coconut oil?? That worked for me awhile back. Just a thought. Good luck!

You could be allergic to one of the lip products you are using. I use neosporin on my lips when they are cracked badly.

I don’t know, I’ve been using each product for a very long time I have nothing new on my routine and I just started feeling that my lips were getting worse a week ago out of nowhere 😕 but maybe I’ll try switching things up a bit to see if it does anything, thanks!

Re: Lips so dry they scab/bleed (long post but I really need help)

I forgot to mention FAB balm may help. Good luck because I know this is a bad time of the year to struggle with this problem. 

I would try the Laneige lip sleeping mask.It makes the lips so soft. Also,you may be using too many different products during the day. If you can, switch to Blistex products like TLC or the hydrating one instead of Chapstick, which makes many people's lips peel. Makes sure the daily product have SPF. The Josie Maren products may help, but does not have SPF that I know of. I hope this helps!

Agree witb this. my lips used to do this to me until I fi...

Agree witb this. my lips used to do this to me until I finally used a gloss with SPF in it. My choice nowadays is Fresh Lip Treatmenr (in all the colors) and the Advanced Therapy at night. Dior's Sugar Scrub I prefer over the Fresh Brown Sugar one .

Thank you! Actually the brand of my lip balm isn’t Chapstick (I’m just used to call it that way!), I actually use Nivea, the « milk and honey » one, or if I don’t have it close I use a sephora one (either in « almond » or « rose »). Normally they work pretty well, I don’t know why all of a sudden my lips got into this horrible state, maybe because the cold weather is finally here... I think I’ll give the LaNeige one a try, it’s just a shame because earlier today it was still in stock and now, as per usual, it isn’t anymore, and the 20% off code must already be expired 😕 I still think I’ll grab it next time it’s in stock tho, thank you! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing