Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lip topcoat

I love the staying power of matte, esp KVD, but hate the drying effect. I've tried moisturizing before applying, but then the color never dries down. I use treatments, balm, and masks overnight.

Is there a topcoat you're using that works well over matte/longwear lippies to provide a bit of moisture WITHOUT compromising the staying power? Has anyone tried the CG Outlast topcoat over matte lippies?

RE: Lip topcoat

@leilani33 I live for top coats. They’re my favorite! I’ve used a lot and the only brands I love are the Jouer Top Coats and the KVD Everlasting Glimmer Veil. The Jouer is a true top coat in the sense that it truly adds a glitter/shimmer effect without overly changing the original color. It’s not sticky and only effects the staying power a tiny bit. KVD will definitely change the color of your original lipstick but doesn’t budge at all. I wear Rocker alone all the time and loooove the orange/red/copper look it gives. It’s actually the only red lip I wear. I’ve tried Tarte and that’s more like a gloss so I treat it like one now. JCat has great color choices but They are sticky and stringy. I truly think you’ll enjoy Jouer’s formula. They are definitely the originators of the top coat and did an amazing job with it. ❤️

Re: RE: Lip topcoat

Thanks so much!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing