Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lip plumper

looking for clear or nude colored gloss or balm that actually plumps lips

Tags:

Re: Lip plumper

Okay, so lip plumping balms and glosses are two very different things, and you'll end up with very different results depending on which one you use. 

For a more understated but plumped look, I would actually go with Burt's Bees Original Lip Balm. While it looks like a very basic balm, the peppermint oil in it really helps to give me a nice plumped-lip look. It's also $3.60 per tube, which is a great price (and even less when you buy it in a 3-pack!). Don't be misled by the fact that it's a drugstore brand - it's one of the best plumping lip balms that's out there! 

For something that's sort of in between a lip balm and a lip gloss, I'd recommend another Burt's Bees product - their Lip Shimmer. The Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer gives your lips a nice, shimmery finish that isn't super glossy, and there's a bit of pigment in the formula (there's different colors and flavors of the product!). At $4.99 a tube, it's really a steal! 

With a plumping lip gloss, I would say to go for something a bit more expensive: the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Hydrating Lip Plumper. This really plumps my lips like no other product can - when you first put it on your lips, you can immediately feel your lips start to swell (not in a bad way), and the feeling can be a bit off-putting for some, but you quickly get used to it. The result is shiny, glossy lips that look plumped to perfection! It is sold in multiple different colors, so you don't have to layer it over lipstick to get your lips to a desired color! While this product is a bit more expensive, it lasts for a while, since most people don't plump their lips every day, especially during this time of quarantine! 

Those are my recommendations for a plumping lip balm, a plumping lip gloss, and something in between! I hope that this was helpful! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing