Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lip eczema

Hi! I've recently, maybe a year or so, been diagnosed with eczema and I've been having one of the worst flare ups on my face and body, mainly my face though. I've been struggling with my lips being dry, dark and itchy for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it peels around the edges and swells up so bad. Sometimes the irritation even passes to the skin around my lips. Apparently it's eczema too. Does anyone else have the same issues? If so, could you PLEASE offer me tips to manage it and also what products have you used on your lips without causing irritation? Thanksss!

Re: Lip eczema

Hi, I have eczema as well that recently flared up on my lips and none of the existing balms or masks I used worked and I was trying anything. The only thing that worked for me was Laniege lip calm in the squeeze tube not their sleep mask or their other one in that little white jar. I've been searching for something cheaper because I can't keep paying $18 for lip chap I lose all the time. Def gonna try skin fix and that jack black stuff I saw someone recommend.

Hi @Jaadee22. I have eczema too and I really like Blistex deep moisturize renewal for days when my eczema gets really bad and my lips are all dry and flakey. If they are irritated and red, I like Blistex Lip Medex or Shiseido Water In Lip. The second one is difficult to find unless there’s an Asian beauty store or possibly grocery store near you. I started a thread with all the ones I’ve tried. Feel free to check it out here Bomb Lip Balms! 

The best thing you can use on eczema is hemp oil balm.It is an anti inflammatory and will stop itching and likely get rid of it entirely. The Body Shop has a good line of products, and theyre cheap. You dont need to buy anything high end, and I doubt it would work anyway, or certainly not as well as a basic hemp balm. Research a little online and youll see how it has a proven track record!

Hi! I've been going through the exact same thing for the last two years - I'd always had patches of eczema come and go on my hands/legs. But two years ago I had a flare-up that started around my eyes and mouth and eventually spread across every bit of my face and neck. 

I tried every lip balm I could get my hands on - the only one that helped was the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Original. It soothed and repaired my cracked, inflamed lips, and the super dry, scaly skin around my mouth. Sometimes I use it on other super dry face patches when I'm just on-the-go. 

As for the rest of my face, the real game-changer was the Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence. This is a super expensive product that Sephora actually no longer carries, except for in a set with other products by the line. After months of steroid creams from doctors and icing my red, itchy face, this product really turned my skin around. It's as close to a cure as I've found, and totally stops flare-ups in their tracks. I'll continue to purchase it anywhere I can for as long as I can. It's super expensive, so if you can, try to get your hands on a sample first. Eczema is so frustrating because what works for one person, may not work for another. But try it if you can!

And lastly, the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream is a moisturizer I've found super soothing but light enough for day and night use. And the REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is great for days when my skin is really really dry and on the verge of a flare-up. 

Hope this helps!!!!

*** I do NOT use the mint lip balm - I avoid mint whenever I can. I actually use the Grapefruit scent with no issue, but if you want to play it safe, they have an unscented option, too. 

@KayLeane Ugh. I think my post didn't go through properly?

I'd recommend fragrance-free products, as it can irritate your lips.

Skinfix Eczema+ Dermatitis Face Balm 0.48 oz/ 13.5 mL can be used on the eczema around your mouth, but also on your lips

* Skinfix Barrier+ Lip Repair Balm 0.42 oz/ 12 g is also a good choice, but it contains coconut oil, so that's something to keep in mind if it breaks you out

Lano - Original 101 Ointment is another good option, as long as you're not sensitive to lanolin (somewhat common allergen).

I'd also recommend using a thicker product, especially at night, like Cerave's Healing Ointment. You could alternatively use plain petrolatum jelly (Vaseline).

Thank you so much! I will try the suggested products. I h...

Thank you so much! I will try the suggested products. I had did some research on the Skinfix balm but I wasn't too sure since reviews can often be misleading. I'll try it now along with the other products. I've tried vaseline but it does nothing for me. After a while it irritates me a bit, almost everything does. I switch products so often because I get a bit of relief and then after that it spirals out of control being ridiculously dry. I've learnt that I need to keep away from red wine too, so I'm sad af!

Re: Thank you so much! I will try the suggested products. I h...

@KayLeane I didn't mean that you should buy everything listed, I was just giving you a few options. 🙂 
Best of luck, eczema can be so hard to manage!!

Eczema is the worst, I feel your pain! I've never had it on my lips but I do have severely dry and chapped lips and I use the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original at night and the TOO FACED - Peach Mega Moisture Lip Balm - Peaches and Cream Collectionas my lip balm in the morning. Throughout the day I use GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip Pop.

Hope this helps!

Thank you I'll try the too face lip balm! I really just n...

Thank you I'll try the too face lip balm! I really just needed some suggestions because I think I've tried everything. I've been doing research but I don't feel too confident just trusting reviews. Eczema is so terrible girl! Best wishes with your journey with it.
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing