Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Lip Scrub?

Hello. This is a question that’s been on my mind for a few days so I thought I’d ask here. Is a lip scrub really necessary? I used to use one, but now I feel that my daily facial cloths are good smooth at removing dead skin. There are so many articles that claim they are very much necessary. Is it true?

Re: Lip Scrub?

@nri00,

I like to use lip scrubs right before applying matte lipsticks. I find that it goes on more smoothly and evenly!

❤️ Melissa

RE: Lip Scrub?

Thank you all for your replies! I think I will go with the “Don’t fix what isn’t broken” route.

Lip Scrub?

I actually struggle with occasional flaky lips in summer, and mostly in winter. The Bite Beauty Agave lip scrub is heavenly, followed by your favorite lip balm. However, I found that mixing about a half teaspoon of Florida Crystal's organic sugar with 100 percent agave nectar works just as well, if not better as a lip scrub to make my dry lips soft and smooth. I then add a lip balm, a lip primer, and bam, great lips in a flash! But, if your lips are fine do not use a scrub. My colleague liked the way my lips looked, and she ended up irritating her perfectly lovely lips using the lip scrub.

@nri00 you can use a variety of ways to scrub your lips-a lip scrub, a toothbrush, whatever works for you. 

@nri00 

If you feel the wipe is working for you, then no, you don't need a separate scrub 😊

@throw, so true, if lips do not need a scrub leave them a...

@throw, so true, if lips do not need a scrub leave them alone. No fixing what is not broken.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing