Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Laneige lip mask

Is it worth 22? I just got the carenel dupe and it works very well but I can’t shake my curiosity about laneige. Overpriced or worth the hype? Has anyone tried both that can offer a comparison?

Re: Laneige lip mask

@SydneyCole Hello! I find them to be an ok mask on me. Not the best but not the worst. Definitely doesn't last on my lips very long though. Check your local TJ Maxx, mine had a bunch of them on sale if you don't want to pay full price.

@SydneyCole It's definitely a cult-favorite product and a jar will last seemingly FOREVER.  Unfortunately, while I know that it works really well for most people it actually totally dries out my lips rather than hydrating them and I've heard that there are others who have the same result.  Everyone's different 🙂

@SydneyCole I'm a big fan.  I'm on my second jar.  I used it when nothing else worked for me.  I was hesitant to spend that much, but for me it was well worth it (though I seem to remember the price being only $20 when I first bought it in 2018!).  A little bit goes a long way, so I didn't feel like it was too gloppy or emollient so long as I applied it judiciously.  I've always gotten it on sale, so that helps.

@greeneyedgirl107  I thought it was $20 when I got it too!!!  and I still have the same one, lol...never seen it on sale though. 😔

@SydneyCole  it's nice, and the smell/flavor is the best part...but I'm not sure it works better than cheaper items, or just a regular lip balm.  maybe I haven't used it enough (probably not, if I still have the same one I got years ago when it was $20, lol), but it seems like when I do use it, and put a lot on at night, I still have that same weird dry patch when it finally wears off.  so, yeah...but they do have mini's in the rewards bazaar sometimes, or in various sets, so you might get one of those to try it.

@treestar86 You're right about it not being on sale - I got my first during the November sale.  My second was during some sort of all-inclusive sale as well.  I've been noticing that A LOT of brands seem to have increased their prices by 10-20%.  I've found it rather frustrating.  

@greeneyedgirl107  true, but I guess everything has to keep going up, right?   there was a report on the news recently about how groceries have gotten more expensive bc everyone's home more and thus has to cook at home instead of eating out.

@treestar86 I agree.  However, I wish my salary went up by the same ratio as some of these products!

I’ve used Laneige and I thought it was ok but I wasn’t blown away by it.  If you have seriously chapped lips or cracks you need to get a tube of Blistex medicated lip ointment. It is very effective and affordable.  The winters where I live are harsh so I know how to handle chapped lips. 

@SydneyCole to get better results with a lip mask, it's better to use a lip scrub first, because it gets rid of the dry flakes on top and exposes the fresh skin underneath, then you can moisturize that.

@SydneyCole It didn’t work for me - it ended up making my lips drier. I feel like it’s a very polarizing product for sure! 

@SydneyCole @Kim888 same for me! The Laneige mask made my lips burn and dried them out more. Luckily, I was only using a sample and didn’t spring for the full size. 

Personally I love it, @SydneyCole but you can get it much cheaper on other sites (like jolse and stylekorean). I use it most nights layered on top of Fresh Limited Edition Zodiac Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy Virgo. 

@SydneyCole 

Not a fan personally. I don’t like thick goopy consistencies though. 

@SydneyCole I have tried Laneige lip mask and love it.  I actually have 4-5 lip masks I rotate from.  Whenever I feel like my lips are getting cracked or really dry I know I can rely on Laneige lip mask to give my lips the extra hydration it needs and within a couple of days of using it my lips are back to normal.  I love it so much that I wear it throughout the day as a lip balm/lipgloss.

Plus, the regular size jar will last you a while.  I have been using the Mint Choco one and it's been almost half a year and I still haven't hit pan.

I just purchased the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original in apple lime from TJ Maxx for a slight discount and it has been AMAZING so far. I had a crack on the right side of my lip and it completely healed it within three nights. I wake up and there’s absolutely no residue or tackiness. The Bite lip mask doesn’t work for me and actually irritated my lips significantly due to the lanolin. 

It does its job, but i also like the Bite Beauty one alot too.

@SydneyCole  I have tried every lip mask and balm under the sun and Laneige is one of my absolute favorites. Love everything about it: consistency, scents, formula, how soft and nurtured it makes my lips feel. I have tried Carenel as well. It is the closest match to Laneige there is. That being said I had not used it long enough to know whether the long term effect would be similar to Laneige. And keep in mind that even if $20 seems a bit pricy for a lip mask, it’s going to last you a while (months). Plus you can always purchase a mini size to try it out for a fraction of the price 

Hi @SydneyCole!

The LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original was a waste of money for me.  It was disappointing since so many people love it.

For me, it just felt like thick goop sitting on my lips instead of it penetrating and hydrating my lips.  My lips were in good shape to start with, not cracked or dry but was hoping Laniege would help nourish them a little bit.

@SydneyCole for me, it depends what your goal is with the lip mask. If it is for maintenance, I'd say go for it. I think I'm about halfway through the jar and have tracked over 400 uses. On the other hand if you need lip repair, like if your lips are dry or cracked, this wouldn't be suited for it. That's my experience at least. I haven't tried the dupe so unfortunately I can't compare the two for you. Sometimes laneige will be in the point perks which may be a good way to try it.

Conversation Stats
testing