Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Kylie Jenner in Forbes

Kudos to Kylie and the Jenner/Kardashian clan! Kylie was named the YOUNGEST-EVER SELF-MADE BILLIONAIRE.  Was she really self-made though? What are your thoughts about celebs using their fame to launch beauty products? Why do we all fall for it?

Kylie Jenner-Forbes.png

Re: Kylie Jenner in Forbes

@sp1771 haha, so true! If anyone's going to be on the list, it should be her. That woman is SAVAGE. 

hahaha I don't even know who that is! 😄 😄 😄

@MissPuff Oh good, I came in to throw shoes at the "self-made" line on the cover too 😂

I'm too old to have ever followed any of the family outside what I've seen at the grocery checkstand, but from back here at a very safe distance, Kim has always struck me as the one with the best business sense.

Interesting post though, I don't get Forbes anymore so I probably would have missed this.

@fieldsofclover Ha, throw shoes 🙂 That's exactly how I felt. I don't begrudge anyone their success and I don't doubt that she's very successfully leveraged her fame but to call her self-made...I mean really. Come on. Do people really think she'd be on that list if her name WASN'T what it is?

I must be too old as well and approaching the "get off my lawn!" stage of my life because I simply cannot grasp the appeal of that family at all. The whole reality tv era, all "style" and no substance, famous for being famous and somehow, this vapid attribute is somehow a positive, even an aspirational goal? 

@MissPuff This whole sentiment is why I really enjoy the little BT/BIC "walled garden" here... I already live in a big dystopian-future city in rl, I don't need to fashion myself a virtual helscape out of social media. BIC is about the right size of neighborhood (and lawn) for me.

I do kind of wish there was a blog feature here, though. I guess I need an Instagram after all 😂

I still don't even have a clue why these people are famous... not that I care though. And I will never understand that either @MissPuff. All I can think of is 🐑🐑🐑

I am so tired of it all. It's all the same... all the time... Ugh.

@veronika23  I totally agree!! I've never understood why Bravo continues to show this family and their lifestyles! And how alot of beauty mags show what color their hair is now and the latest, if they have lip fillers! Who cares!😠

@veronika23 Heehee, baaahhh. I do really feel like it's a bit lazy too, large companies aren't creative enough, or too afraid to take risks, so they all just copy each other. The cosmetics industry is one of the industries that's ripe for lots of consolidation and M&A, so once small and more agile companies get easily folded into large conglomerates like L'Oreal (IT Cosmetics is a great example) and then lose their edge and distinctiveness. 

@MissPuff  yeah definitely.  It's sad that there is so much monopoly... well in every industry. If you start researching it's scary to see just how much a few companies own pretty much everything. And it sucks for us as the consumers. Less competitions = higher prices. Just look at the cell phone industry...

@veronika23 Exactly. It's definitely rekindled my interest in "legacy" brands that don't really do collabs... I think Instagram culture is turning me into a beauty Luddite in some ways.

@fieldsofclover  yeah I know what you mean... I don't have IG and only check quick for new releases and update threads... but I don't check like I used to or care like I used to... it's like the fun has been sucked out of it. Everything for a buck... I see makeup as an art / form of self expression... where's the self expression when everyone looks the same and is doing the same. Yeah no. Not my thing. I hope it will all come to an end soon...  For now I kinda turned my focus to indie nail polishes. Smaller companies that make a great product. Fun... just not so fun on the wallet 😄

@veronika23 Late capitalism, baby. Sigh 🎩

@influensterkels Who cares, really!?

@keana1 Amen!! I've never understood the hype!!

@yankeefaithful I don’t get it either!

hahahahaha exactly! @keana1

Can I heart this million times? @keana1 🤪

I'm so done with the whole pack of Kardashians, can we move on, please? They are so overhyped, it's ridiculous.

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • Kylie Jenner-Forbes.png
  • giphy copy 9.gif
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 8.10.01 AM.png
  • giphy (10).gif
testing