Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

If you could wear one — and ONLY ONE — lipstick for the rest of your life which one would it be?

I would definitely choose Urban Decay's Vice Lipstick in 1993. It's so so pretty!

Re: If you could wear one — and ONLY ONE — lipstick for the rest of your life which one would it be?

I'd have to go with Tom Ford Indian Rose or Drake...or a CP liquid matte...too many choices!!

Re: If you could wear one — and ONLY ONE — lipstick for the rest of your life which one would it be?

I love Tom Ford Lips & Boys Nicholas for an every occasion red that can go from day to night with a few extra swipes. 😘💄💋

This is tough, but right now I'd say Givenchy Le Rouge in Brun Createur.

NARS Audacious Anna! 💗

Bite Amuse Bouche in Liquorice. This lip color is bold, a...

Bite Amuse Bouche in Liquorice. This lip color is bold, and the lipstick is very long lasting. The lipstick is so pigmented, and I get quite a few compliments on my lips.

RE: If you could wear one — and ONLY ONE — lipstick for the rest of your life which one would it be?

Too Faced Lady Balls...I love red lips and when given the choice always opt for a bold lip over a nude.

I believe both the formula and shade have been discontinued....but Hourglass in Nocturnal. 

Oh, this is a tough question! Probably Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Boudoir. Wait, maybe something I can dab on lightly for a tint or layer for a bolder look. Um, maybe Givenchy Le Rouge in Framboise Velours or MAC D for Danger.

YSL Vinyl Cream Stain in 407 Carmin Session. I wear this almost everyday anyway 😛

@myumew Do you have any thoughts on YSL Glossy Stains vs. Vinyl Cream Stains? An SA directed me to Carmin Session the other day when I was contemplating a similar colored glossy stain. She said Vinyl Creams > Glossy Stains and I wonder if you would say so to? 

@blueviolet21, I have four Vinyl Creams and (used to own) two Glossy Stains. I have 401, 402, 407, and 408 in the vinyls, and with the exception of 401, all are long-lasting and stain down beautifully. I actually prefer to blot them and wear them as stains immediately, though when I do wear them as gloss, they are high-shine and perform well. I am not a gloss person (I generally don't like the texture or shine) and I don't like applying with a doe-foot applicator, but the vinyls have changed my mind. I received 401 and 402 as gratis from Sephora, and I was surprised at how much I liked them (though 401 is definitely the weakest performer). However, I thought I'd never actually buy one--hey, thanks for the free stuff, now I don't need any more of it. But I kept swatching them in store, and every time I wore 402, I was so impressed at how beautiful it looked and wore. So after a year, I broke down and got 408 during the spring sale. And then just days ago I broke again and got 407 (I wore it for the first time today). I'd highly recommend them. 

Anyway, back to your question. Compared to the glossy stains, the vinyls last longer and look better. The glossies always felt sticky and never stained evenly on me. They left me with the dreaded fruit-punch mouth. 😞 This experience was why I was so skeptical of the vinyls, and then pleasantly surprised.

At one point I'd say a Tom ford lipstick (Negligee) but these days it would be a Charlotte Tilbury one- Secret Salma. 

Probably Nars Dragon Girl. I adore this color so much! I could just put some lip balm on for nude lips, so might as well go bold!

Wow, this is hard. Go nude? I get bored of nudes if I wear them too often. I love plums/berries but in summer I go more peachy. Are we allowed to use liners and glosses with our lipstick pick? I suppose if I had to choose, Surratt Hevyn or Guerlain Gracia. 

@blueviolet21  I have Gracia; it's such a pretty, everyday shade!  Good choice.

Whirl from Mac ❤️

YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stain in 412 Rose Mix... ? 

This is almost as hard as the: "if you could eat one dish for the rest of your life" 

That's a hard question! 

Lately I've been reaching for Dior Lip Glow in Coral but that's only because it's summer.  Come fall I'll want something berry colored...

I guess it'd have to be something more neutral like Perricone No Lipstick or Agave Lip Mask.  Something where it just gives a bit of color.

@EvelinB I've been wearing the same one for years, Sephora Lip Attitude - Star in Mauve Scandal.  It was discontinued years ago, and my last tube is almost gone.  I think that was "my" shade.  Now I'm having the hardest time finding anything that I remotely like.

Buxom's Dolly; per my skin-tone and dry lips, this formula and color will always be one of my favorites.

Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk---it's pretty, neutral and comfortable to wear 

2 Replies
testing