cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

I need a good luxury lip stick

Hey friends, So I use stains because they last all day however my lips are drying out from them. And always chafed. I was a victim of the hairy lipstick Jaclyn the Hill scam and have not found anything like she promised. She promised the moon and stars and now I feel deprived on lipsticks. Never knew how much my lips were suffering till she pointed it out then didn’t deliver on her empty promises. Bye morphe! Any recommendations for a real luxury lipstick? Thank you in advance!

Re: I need a good luxury lip stick

Without a doubt, Pat McGrath lipsticks are amazing. The LuxeTrance is creamy and non-drying. Great pigment and good wear.

Let me recommend my favorites moisturizing lipsticks, 

BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Lipstick - Honeycomb

bite looks the most like a matte lipstick but is soothing 

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Poutsicle Juicy Satin Lipstick

this is a balm with unique coverage and a stain

GUERLAIN - Rouge G Customizable Lipstick - N°78

Any of their formulas actually work for me

TOM FORD - Lip Color - Sugar Glider

very moisturizing, but sheer coverage on my dark skin.

I'm on the same tip! I've been hearing alot about the Guerlain lipstick.  I heard the formula is creamy and have been gushing over the customizable case. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey friends, So I use stains because they last all day however my lips are drying out from them. And always chafed. I was a victim of the hairy lipstick Jaclyn the Hill scam and have not found anything like she promised. She promised the moon and stars and now I feel deprived on lipsticks. Never knew how much my lips were suffering till she pointed it out then didn’t deliver on her empty promises. Bye morphe! Any recommendations for a real luxury lipstick? Thank you in advance!

Anonymous Insider

I have enjoyed using the Kan Von D liquid matte lipsticks for some time but those end up feeling really dry as well, still a good stain, but I'm moving on from that. I think if you don't want your lips feeling dry you should use a velvet matte. Ohhh TARTE has a quick dry matte AND a creamy matte option that I love because it stays on like a stain but feels so much softer. Make sure you get the Tartiest Creamy Matte Lip Paint 🙂 

@Anonymous I love lipsticks from Guerlain, YSL and Pat McGrath.

Another vote for Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche (although I liked their Luminous formula better) and Pat McGrath LuxeTrance!  Seeing how @WinglessOne  included RougeG in that storied list I'm now going to have to try it.  Non-drying lipsticks are few and far between for us dry, chapped lip people!

Another lipstick that I can wear comfortably (not sold at Sephora) is LORAC's Alter Ego.  When I tried my first LuxeTrance it actually reminded me very much of LORAC's formula.  It's kind of a satin matte.

I wish I could think up more, but honestly every other lipstick dries out my lips over time and/or causes peeling, flaking, and general feelings of dejectedness.  

@drrragon  If you try a Guerlain Rouge G, I hope you like it! I see they have new matte shades. All of my Rouge Gs are satin finish, and they’re extremely comfy to wear. 

Each one comes with a black plastic end cap; they’re meant to be used with the fancy customized case. I have one of those cases and man, that thing’s heavy and bulky. 😄 Pretty, but bulky. It takes up valuable real estate in my small crossbody bags. So most times I leave it at home and just carry a Rouge G bullet with its plastic cap instead. 🙂 

@WinglessOne that sounds great!  that bulky packaging has a lot to do with why I haven't tried Rouge G yet 😄

@tatonkapeaches  In addition to NARS Audacious, which is fantastic, I’ll recommend these for creamy comfort, high pigmentation, no drying, and long wear (but not non-transfer; all bullets transfer to some extent, unlike a liquid matte or liquid stain): 

PAT MCGRATH LABS - LuxeTrance™ Lipstick

GUERLAIN - Rouge G Customizable Lipstick

BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Lipstick - these tend to feather/bleed on me, so I wear a liner or lip primer with nearly all shades I own 

If you can still find them anywhere (MAC direct might still have some shades), MAC Liptensity is a fabulous line of super pigmented and long lasting bullets. MAC discontinued them this year and I don’t know why, since these are the best lipsticks they’ve ever made—and I’ve worn MAC lipsticks since the early 1990s. 

For a ridiculously underpriced option, try ColourPop Lux bullets in either the creme or matte finish. 

Another good cheap option is SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick 65 Spiked!. I find some shades wear longer than others, but they’re mostly creamy with graceful weardown. 

@Anonymous  I forgot one! Many Lipstick Queen bullets are very emollient. Ulta, Dermstore, and SpaceNK sell them. LQ tends to randomly discontinue their lipstick lines (farewell, my beloved Cupid’s Bow crayons—which are great, by the way, if you can find any), which is annoying. But I think the Saint and Sinner lines are still active: the Saint shades are all sheer or semi-sheer, and Sinners are bolder. The fairly new Rear View Mirror Lip Lacquers are highly pigmented, glossy, click-up sticks. The Dating Game and Chess lines are still around. One of my favorite LQ lipsticks is Jungle Queen, which turned out to be my perfect orange-toned coral shade. I don’t like LQ’s liquid lipsticks, but I have lots of their bullets. 

Anonymous Insider

Omg thank you so much. You most def know your makeup

My hands-down favorites are BOBBI BROWN - Luxe Lipstickand NARS - Audacious Lipstick.At first I balked at the price tag, but the color payoff and comfort are unmatched. 

@tatonkapeaches  My fave luxury lipsticks are Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talkand YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstickthe YSL one is the most hydrating but the wear time on the CT is way longer. I also really like the BITE BEAUTY - Outburst Longwear Lip Stain- it's not like a normal stain it's super comfy and I've literally woken up with it still on the next morning so wear time is bomb but the shade range as you can see is super limited 

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing