Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

I am looking for a warm red lipstick

Hi I am looking for a matte red lipstick that is deep in color and is completely warm toned. A dark brownish red. I've tried a lot of colors that look that way in the tube or on someone else and then when i try it it ends up pulling a bit purple or berry on me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RE: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

I would try the new ABH matte lipstick in Rouge

Urban Decay Vice line is amazing and online it tells you the colors in it. They have ALOT of choices and $17 for a lipstick is a nice price

''22'' lip kit by Kylie Cosmetics or ''pumpkin'' by lime crime. Both are a sort of burnt orange color.

Burnt oranges look brown-red on fair skin in my experience.

Thank you. I wondered if it was because I was fair skinned but I didn't give it much thought. Now i know . Thanks for the tip

Re: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

Go for lipsticks that are labeled as orange-red or even just orange. It'll show up as true red

source: I've got the same problem lol

RE: Re: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

Thank you lol its so annoying

You can try Merlot by Lancôme.

Thank you all for the responses 🙂. I have tried kat von d's Vampira and Nosferatu and while I love those shades Vampira doesn't seem to come off as warm as I would like it I guess. I would prefer a matte finish. And i have looked at macs shades and i found that they go from deep red to brown rather than a dark brownish red color in the middle. If that makes any sense. I'm not really looking for a lipstick color with orange in it just a very deep brown red. I just ordered ABH's brandy shade though so maybe that will be the one. I can be picky.

Re: RE: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

@MariahLu Glad you were able to pick one! I hope Brandy is exactly what you want 🙂 

RE: Re: RE: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

Thank you 🙂

Hi @MariahLu

Do you have a budget for the red lipstick? Do you have a preference as to formula (liquid or regular tube) or finish (matte, demi-matte, satin, glossy, etc)? Do you want a lighter red or a darker red?

Off the top of my head, these are some that come to my mind (in a variety of options):

what about bite beauty nori, bite maple, or the new ABH matte lipstick in rust?

RE: Re: I am looking for a warm red lipstick

Those shades are a bit too light for me. I have decided to order ABH brandy. Thank you for the response

Maybe Burberry Russet? I just got an email that the next Burberry box will have a mini of it in there.

Have you tried any MAC colors? 

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing