Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Help my lips hurt

My lips have been dry, cracked, chapped, flakey and now bleeding for a month now. My entire mouth from corner to corner from the top of my top lip to the bottom of my bottom lip is in bad shape. I think what caused it was the bite stick. I quit using it about 3 weeks ago but it hasn't gone back to normal. I use the bite mask everyday in the morning and I use the drunk elephant balm throughout the day. How do I get my lips to go back to normal?

RE: Help my lips hurt

@xKlownPiXiex i agree that you may be allergic to an ingredient in the bite mask. I had the same problem and stopped using the bite mask and started using the Laneige lip mask i believe its called. Its sold here in Sephora. I also exfoliated with the tarte sugar scrub 2x a week to remove the dead skin.

Re: Help my lips hurt

@xKlownPiXiex I believe you may be allergic to an ingredient in the Bite Agave Lip Mask. I had the exact same problem. During a summer heat wave my lips looked like your picture. I went to the dermatologist twice and each time he prescribed me generic cortisone cream. After looking at some posts on BT now BIC I noticed some other people had the exact same problem with the Agave Lip Mask. For about a year I was able to wear Bite Lipsticks but any Bite product worn on my lips causes the exact problem like the photo.

Re: Help my lips hurt

Hi, @xKlownPiXiex.

Sorry that you're having problems with your lips. I'd highly recommend picking up Dr. Dan's CortiBalm. It works wonders on severely chapped lips!

drdanscortibalm.jpg

I hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • drdanscortibalm.jpg
testing