Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png

Itโ€™s that time of the year again Beauty Insider Community: National Lipstick Day (July 29th) - woohoo! ๐Ÿ’„ One of my favorite things about being a part of BIC is being able to celebrate fun moments like this with all my fellow beauty lovers in this amazing community. โค๏ธ

To give the spotlight on one of the most popular makeup categories, letโ€™s talk about all things lippie! Over the years, we have seen a big transformation in the lip product scene โ€“ thereโ€™s now lipstick, lip gloss, lip tints, lip oils, lip stains, lip balms, and more โ€“ there are so many fun options to pick from!

So, whatโ€™s your favorite lip product BIC? Share your lippie faves, swatches, and looks in the comments below! ๐Ÿ’‹

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

@NiKay08 pink is definitely your color!!

Thank you! This has always been one of my favorite photos! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

Yay @NiKay08 ! Happy National Lipstick Day! Gorgeous picture and lippie! It looks amazing on you! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thank you, my friend! ๐Ÿ’‹ This is an older photo, but it is one of my favorites! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’—

Beautiful color, @NiKay08 .

Thank you! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

@NiKay08, this is such a great photo! You look fab in pink. ๐Ÿ˜ Those Dior Lip Glows wear so comfortably and come in such beautiful colors! ๐Ÿ’–

Wonderful pic, @NiKay08 ! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹

I love Dior Lip Addict๐Ÿ’— @NiKay08 

How nice, same with me! ๐ŸŒท

Happy National Lipstick Day! To celebrate, I wore one of my favorite travel buddies: Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow shade Daphne. 

Many days, lipstick & brow pencil are the only makeup I wear.Many days, lipstick & brow pencil are the only makeup I wear.

Most LQ lipsticks are very hydrating, emollient, and/or moisturizing. The demi-matte Cupid's Bow crayons are no exception: they all feel creamy plush on my lips. I wish they weren't discontinued, as they perform better (for me) than NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencils. Cupid's Bows are opaquely pigmented with a satin velvet finish. None of mine are patchy or streaky, and they don't bleed or feather. They're not transfer-proof but are long lasting: they leave plenty enough color on lips to survive several cups of coffee, 1-2 bottles of water, and a few small snacksโ€”but not a meal, of course. They have a very gradual and graceful weardown throughout the day, and they're easy to blot down to a stain (which I do to any bullet or liquid cream/satin lipstick before eating a meal). "I wish they weren't discontinued" seems to be a running theme in my lipstick hoard. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ 

This collection of 8 crayons are named after Ovid's tale of Daphne and Apollo, which is really about Apollo and Eros (Cupid) being egotistic jerks. ๐Ÿ˜‚  I'll swatch the 6 shades I own. The 2 I'm missing, Golden Arrow and Nymph, are nude pinks. 

Swatching 6 of the 8 shades of Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow pencils.Swatching 6 of the 8 shades of Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow pencils.

@WinglessOne ,

Besides how beautiful this Daphne red is on you, I have really enjoyed the conversation about Lipstick Queen.  I have some LQ and really need to discard some of the oldies, the color-changing variety.  I appreciate all the knowledge that you share with us!  I learned a lot from the discussion below.  Thank you!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you @tsavorite ! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I still have Frog Prince but might need to toss my last-used full size bullet; my mini is still okay, which is surprising since it lives in my purse and gets summer heat exposure that way. Itโ€™s a great shade to have on hand during events like Epcot Food & Wine where youโ€™re constantly eating and drinking and want to easily reapply a little color to lips without a mirror. My other color shifters definitely need checking though. 

I swear, @WinglessOne, you can ALWAYS pull off a red lip so well.

Thank you @CookieGirl1 ! 

@WinglessOne Oooh that looks so good on you!!

Thank you @Samtian and @heartsmyface ! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • MAC Liptensity Stallion, my favorite black lipstick.
  • Black lipstick can be bright with enough ombre application. :D
  • Lancรดme Silver Metamorphose, a discontinued bullet shade. All others are MAC bullet shades.
  • A few black lipsticks. Squid Ink is a blue so dark, itโ€™s almost black.
  • Gucci Rouge a Levres Valentine Verdante, 1 of my 2 favorite teal lipsticks. (The other is ColourPop Lux Getty.)
  • Top to bottom: Fenty Mattemoiselle in Turks & Caicos, ColourPop Lux in Getty, MUFE Artist Rouge in C603, Gucci Rouge a Levres in Valentine Verdante, Guerlain Rouge G in 111.
  • Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png
  • applying lipstick gif.gif
  • 2D5730FB-111C-4C1B-96B7-D9B5EE4235ED.jpeg
  • A1281E24-71DA-4D41-B427-0D5429FC2005.jpeg
  • 9A473752-A30C-4889-B30E-3AE5AB75CE92.jpeg
  • 2FE3FD5D-E499-4F0B-B256-A10B34124A85.jpeg
  • AFFF50B8-20F5-49DD-AED7-72FF61A0C0F3.jpeg
  • 946254EF-77FA-4D1F-A6B5-17B869D26A0C.jpeg
  • C911E8EA-0F30-4F2D-A588-3237435D17B2.jpeg
testing