Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png

Itโ€™s that time of the year again Beauty Insider Community: National Lipstick Day (July 29th) - woohoo! ๐Ÿ’„ One of my favorite things about being a part of BIC is being able to celebrate fun moments like this with all my fellow beauty lovers in this amazing community. โค๏ธ

To give the spotlight on one of the most popular makeup categories, letโ€™s talk about all things lippie! Over the years, we have seen a big transformation in the lip product scene โ€“ thereโ€™s now lipstick, lip gloss, lip tints, lip oils, lip stains, lip balms, and more โ€“ there are so many fun options to pick from!

So, whatโ€™s your favorite lip product BIC? Share your lippie faves, swatches, and looks in the comments below! ๐Ÿ’‹

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

@itsfi  This reminds me to try one of Gucci's liquid mattes. My lips and liquid mattes generally hate each other, but good to great experiences with some of Gucci's other lip formulas give me hope for their liquid mattes. Mildred Rosewood is lovely, as are the others you swatched. 

@WinglessOne, I've generally steered away from liquid lipsticks for that very reason - my lips lean dry so I don't need to make them more so. Ha! I think though some formulations have changed to be less drying than when liquid lipsticks first came out. These Gucci ones are pretty soft and comfortable to wear; I was pretty surprised and not expecting that at all. I swatched all of the Gucci liquid mattes that were in stores - the only one not included from this line is Grace Cinnamon, which didn't have a tester at any of the Sephoras near me that carry the brand. There are some great shades here that I know would look amazing on you. If you end up purchaing one, would love to hear your thoughts on them.

Gucci Liquid Matte Lipstick.jpg

@itsfi  Thanks for the swatches! Janet Rust and Vanessa Violet look like solid choicesโ€ฆ this is me trying not to buy more reds. ๐Ÿ˜… Grace Cinnamon might be a Gucci-exclusive shade. Since Nordstrom carries the other shades, Iโ€™ll use Notes to try a shade or 2.  

@itsfi  Beautiful presentation of your go to lippies!!! I am not surprised at all to see the Gucci in your purse either! I love that all the colours are similar! Itโ€™s funny how we usually gravitate towards the same colours!

@ather, thank you for your kind words! ๐Ÿค— I seem to go in phases too - I mean, thereโ€™s  usually at least one MLBB or rosewood shades in a haul that includes a lippie, but there will also be periods mixed in between of pinky browns (or is it brownie pinks? ๐Ÿง) and then mauves, thenโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Lately, Iโ€™ve been slowly venturing into corals / salmon pinks. Emphasis on slowly. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll ever stray away from being a MLBB gal when it comes to lippies. 

@itsfi Beautiful photos and selection of lippies! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Mellmars1185, thank you. National Lipstick Day is always a day for me to pull out some tried and true lipsticks and pick up one or two (or six) new lippies. ๐Ÿ› ๐Ÿ˜† 

Love all these and your pic @itsfi ! That case is adorable and Iโ€™ve never paid attention to Matinee. Hmm. Thanks I think?! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you @Sunnysmom! The box is a Target find. ๐Ÿ˜Š Thereโ€™s a larger pink box and a smaller blue box but I have not caught sight of the blue one โ€ฆ yet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Oh my goodness, Matinee is meant for you! It leans more red on me so I sometimes blot it so it looks more like a stain but the shade in its full glory has your name all over it. Lol, you are more than welcome! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

13FCB2B8-199D-4C07-8CEA-F1CEACB5D747.gif

Fine @itsfi fine. ๐Ÿ™„ If I have to. I have resisted all sales so far today, shocking!! Not. For. Long. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Oh. Now Iโ€™m conflicted @Sunnysmom - donโ€™t want you to ruin your streak with resisting the lippie sales. ๐Ÿค”  

Spoiler
Matinee sunnysmom.jpeg

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Teehee thatโ€™s so cute. Itโ€™s probably inevitable @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ  I forgot that I was also looking at the new Too Faced lips that popped in stock. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ( maybe itโ€™s too brown?! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป) Oh and Iโ€™m ready for your credit card now maโ€™am. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคฃ

Too Faced Cocoa Bold Cream Lipstick Chocolate Lava 

@Sunnysmom - That's the color that went straight to my Loves list when I saw these the other day! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹

๐Ÿคฃ @Titian06 , of course! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi gorgeous as always! ๐Ÿ’– So many great lippies in one pic! Is that a purse or box in the background? It's so elegant and cute!

Awww, thank you @Anna2BT! ๐Ÿฅฐ Itโ€™s a box, but I occasionally use it as a purse. I found it at Target. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

@itsfi @Mildred rose is such a pretty color ! 

@Kim888, the shade works really well for me; I am thinking about picking it up in every formula; that is, if I don't already have all of them. ๐Ÿ˜… Gonna have to do an inventory check soon. 

@itsfi @I havenโ€™t bought duplicates yet but Iโ€™ve definitely thought about getting Louisa red in multiple formulas! 

@Kim888, Louisa Red is so pretty. I need to pick it up at some point. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

Beautiful lipstick display @itsfi โค๏ธ! Your current go-toโ€™s are so beautiful! I can understand why are some of your favorites! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • MAC Liptensity Stallion, my favorite black lipstick.
  • Black lipstick can be bright with enough ombre application. :D
  • Lancรดme Silver Metamorphose, a discontinued bullet shade. All others are MAC bullet shades.
  • A few black lipsticks. Squid Ink is a blue so dark, itโ€™s almost black.
  • Gucci Rouge a Levres Valentine Verdante, 1 of my 2 favorite teal lipsticks. (The other is ColourPop Lux Getty.)
  • Top to bottom: Fenty Mattemoiselle in Turks & Caicos, ColourPop Lux in Getty, MUFE Artist Rouge in C603, Gucci Rouge a Levres in Valentine Verdante, Guerlain Rouge G in 111.
  • Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png
  • applying lipstick gif.gif
  • 2D5730FB-111C-4C1B-96B7-D9B5EE4235ED.jpeg
  • A1281E24-71DA-4D41-B427-0D5429FC2005.jpeg
  • 9A473752-A30C-4889-B30E-3AE5AB75CE92.jpeg
  • 2FE3FD5D-E499-4F0B-B256-A10B34124A85.jpeg
  • AFFF50B8-20F5-49DD-AED7-72FF61A0C0F3.jpeg
  • 946254EF-77FA-4D1F-A6B5-17B869D26A0C.jpeg
  • C911E8EA-0F30-4F2D-A588-3237435D17B2.jpeg
testing