Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png

Itโ€™s that time of the year again Beauty Insider Community: National Lipstick Day (July 29th) - woohoo! ๐Ÿ’„ One of my favorite things about being a part of BIC is being able to celebrate fun moments like this with all my fellow beauty lovers in this amazing community. โค๏ธ

To give the spotlight on one of the most popular makeup categories, letโ€™s talk about all things lippie! Over the years, we have seen a big transformation in the lip product scene โ€“ thereโ€™s now lipstick, lip gloss, lip tints, lip oils, lip stains, lip balms, and more โ€“ there are so many fun options to pick from!

So, whatโ€™s your favorite lip product BIC? Share your lippie faves, swatches, and looks in the comments below! ๐Ÿ’‹

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

@WinglessOne  Oh wow all those shades are beautiful and right up my alley!!!  Desire and Ovid are looking especially good!   And then Apollo! ๐Ÿซฃ okay, sigh, off I go to see if I can acquire them. 

Oh yes @WinglessOne ! You are exactly that! Our Lipstick Queen! ๐Ÿ˜ You look gorgeous in that shade! And those swatches are so beautiful as well! 

Thank you @Saradestin @Mellmars1185 @Titian06 @itsfi ! 

You might still find some Lipstick Queen products at places like SkinStore/LookFantastic and Space NK. Ulta no longer carries them. Bear in mind that some items, like the Cupid's Bows, will be fairly old: I think the CBs launched in 2016 or 2015 but I don't remember when they were discontinued. Some lipsticks, especially those containing oils or butters, can go rancid within 1-2 years. I think I bought my last CB in 2018 or 2019, and all of mine are still perfectly fine despite being occasionally opened and used. 

@WinglessOne, I have a few LQ lipsticks but I don't think I ever picked up their lip crayons - hmm, may need to check my bin with gwp's from back in the day. lol. Easy to see how Daphne is a favorite of yours - it looks great on you.

Gorgeous colors, @WinglessOne ! ๐Ÿฅฐ  I never heard of this brand.  I would have been all over these if I had! ๐Ÿคฃ  Bummer they're DC...

@WinglessOne Happy National Lipstick Day! Beautiful Lipstick on you and pretty swatches ๐Ÿ’‹

@WinglessOne ,

Those are beautiful shades!  Thank you for the swatchesโฃ๏ธ

Thanks @tsavorite !

Such a brightening shade on you @WinglessOne , I can see why you love it! Theyโ€™re all so good. She knows her way around lips, wish sheโ€™d do some more. ( I like that formula too; I think our collections could be real pals. ๐Ÿค—

Thanks @Sunnysmom ! I'm not sure if Poppy's still involved with the brand... I don't remember the latest on LQ happenings, but I hope the brand's not disappearing for good. They've released so many goodies! And yes, we should compare lipstick hoard notes someday! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom, just quickly chiming in here. My recollection is that Poppy stayed on with LQ for some time after she sold the brand. I thought she left after 5 or 6 years. She has a new brand / company with a new color changing lipstick (Silver Bullet), or maybe it's more a relaunch of the lipstick because I want to say she came out with something near the very beginning of when lockdowns were happening. 

I think she maybe did also @itsfi @WinglessOne and I just had to throw out a few of those plus some LE from BG etc. I was so sad! The silver and gold cases were mighty too! The other BG were a more heavy plastic but pretty. They didnโ€™t last long at all. Was odd. 

@Sunnysmom @itsfi  Ah, now I kinda remember... Poppy's new brand name includes her name, right? Don't recall what it is, but I recall seeing it somewhere and thinking "huh, I wonder if that's 'Poppy' as in Poppy King?" I'll have to poke around the interwebs later for more info. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Also, this reminds me to check all my Bites and LQs for spoilage soon. I periodically spot-check my hoard, but I should focus on those 2 brands in particular more often. After my last spot check, I purged a couple of ancient MACs and an RMS. 

This is what I had and had to throw away @WinglessOne @itsfi . So strange because they were my newest too. Colors were a touch off but interesting. A fun little thing too- got to meet her at a Bloomies event and she kindly gave me her signed book. She was super fun to chat all things lippies and handbags. Sheโ€™s just like us.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’ž

08677CC3-82F9-4C12-864D-A191650BA548.jpeg

โ€ƒDef check yours Wings. So many of my RMS, Ilia, Bite bit the dust. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@Sunnysmom  Aha, this is the brand name I saw. Bummer yours went bad so quickly. But Iโ€™m glad you got to meet Poppy and chat about lipstick with her. How fun! 

@itsfi  Now Iโ€™ll have to look for that other brand of hers. Iโ€™d love to see her back in the cosmetics game. She had such a fun sense of lipstick shades and didnโ€™t fear the โ€œunconventionalโ€ end of the pool. And her lipsticks were (still are) some of the comfiest Iโ€™ve ever worn. 

@WinglessOne, Iโ€™ve seen Poppy King Lipcentric and also Lipcentric by Poppy King. @Sunnysmom 

Iโ€™ve not seen those @itsfi , fun! 

Happy National Lipstick Day, everyone!!!  ๐Ÿ’‹

My most used lip product these days is Sara Happ The Lip Slip One Luxe Gloss. ๐Ÿ‘„

I love ๐Ÿ’• that one too, @tsavorite!

I havenโ€™t tried her products @tsavorite but they must be awesome! 

Ohhh @tsavorite, I love how moisturizing that gloss is - that's a great go-to! ๐Ÿ˜

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • MAC Liptensity Stallion, my favorite black lipstick.
  • Black lipstick can be bright with enough ombre application. :D
  • Lancรดme Silver Metamorphose, a discontinued bullet shade. All others are MAC bullet shades.
  • A few black lipsticks. Squid Ink is a blue so dark, itโ€™s almost black.
  • Gucci Rouge a Levres Valentine Verdante, 1 of my 2 favorite teal lipsticks. (The other is ColourPop Lux Getty.)
  • Top to bottom: Fenty Mattemoiselle in Turks & Caicos, ColourPop Lux in Getty, MUFE Artist Rouge in C603, Gucci Rouge a Levres in Valentine Verdante, Guerlain Rouge G in 111.
  • Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png
  • applying lipstick gif.gif
  • 2D5730FB-111C-4C1B-96B7-D9B5EE4235ED.jpeg
  • A1281E24-71DA-4D41-B427-0D5429FC2005.jpeg
  • 9A473752-A30C-4889-B30E-3AE5AB75CE92.jpeg
  • 2FE3FD5D-E499-4F0B-B256-A10B34124A85.jpeg
  • AFFF50B8-20F5-49DD-AED7-72FF61A0C0F3.jpeg
  • 946254EF-77FA-4D1F-A6B5-17B869D26A0C.jpeg
  • C911E8EA-0F30-4F2D-A588-3237435D17B2.jpeg
testing