Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png

Itโ€™s that time of the year again Beauty Insider Community: National Lipstick Day (July 29th) - woohoo! ๐Ÿ’„ One of my favorite things about being a part of BIC is being able to celebrate fun moments like this with all my fellow beauty lovers in this amazing community. โค๏ธ

To give the spotlight on one of the most popular makeup categories, letโ€™s talk about all things lippie! Over the years, we have seen a big transformation in the lip product scene โ€“ thereโ€™s now lipstick, lip gloss, lip tints, lip oils, lip stains, lip balms, and more โ€“ there are so many fun options to pick from!

So, whatโ€™s your favorite lip product BIC? Share your lippie faves, swatches, and looks in the comments below! ๐Ÿ’‹

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

@WinglessOne  Oh I can imagine your favourites in each colour line look just as good on you!!! I like that you picked a different colour to post!! 

@WinglessOne Beautiful lipstick photos! I really like these shades on you. I like your ombre technique ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! 

Love the ombrรฉ lip on you @WinglessOne .

Thanks @itsfi !

Thank you @WinglessOne , these are so fun to see on you!! You rock em! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you @Sunnysmom ! 

@WinglessOne  It wouldnโ€™t be today without seeing you in your beautiful blues! ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’™ 

Thanks @heartsmyface ! I wanted to post some old not-teal blue photos too, but browsing my BIC photo album was taking too long. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@WinglessOne omg I love this color selection! I wish I could rock more daring colors like that but I get nervous ๐Ÿ˜… You look so cool and those shades look amazing on you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’™

Thanks @Anna2BT ! I always say anyone can wear blue lipstick; just gotta find the shade of blue (or teal) that speaks to you. Most jeans are blue, after all. Denim's kind of a neutral color in clothing. Therefore, a denim blue lipstick = neutral! If the ColourPop Lux bullet shade JV was still available, that'd be a terrific denim lipstick for anyone. 

@WinglessOne ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ wow the black lipstick is stunning! what a collection.

Thanks @AlexBT ! 

Yes!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽ‰ I was hoping for you to share some of your spectacular lippies and looks with us @WinglessOne ! I love how beautiful you look in those intense dark colors. And I can understand why you love your Mac Liptensity Stallion; it is really beautiful and so pigmented! You are the queen of green/blue/black lipstick. ๐Ÿ˜ Thatโ€™s why I always think of you when I wear my only black/blue lippie! 

Thank you @Saradestin ! Oh, which black/blue lipstick do you have? 

Stallion is the best looking and performing black bullet lipstick I've ever worn. I grabbed a backup before MAC discontinued the Liptesnities. Once my bullets are empty (or they go bad), the only way I can replicate Stallion is with the black matte Danessa Myricks Colorfix + Aquaphor + maybe a wee bit of clear gloss in the mix. Perhaps by then, another brandโ€”or maybe MACโ€”will have released a black lipstick as good as Stallion. 

It is so sad that a product that becomes your HG is discontinued @WinglessOne. I am glad you were able to get a backup before they were gone. My blue-black lipstick is from Ciatรฉ London, their Glitter Flip in Iconic, but I know you already found out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wow, it amazes me, @WinglessOne , how easily you can wear nontraditional colors! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿฅฐ  Love MAC Stallion.  It is absolutely gorgeous on you! ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @Titian06 ! 

@WinglessOne @Yay!!!! So glad you posted your lipsticks. You really can rock any shade. 

Aww, thank you @SportyGirly125 ! 

There are a few shades I canโ€™t do unless I ombre the heck out of โ€˜em. And even then, certain shades just donโ€™t look good (to me) with my skin tone(s). Pink-leaning corals are still generally problematic for me, as are many beiges. ๐Ÿ˜ 

I decided to be logical about this @Anna2BT and go to my vanity and top drawer to see what lipsticks I had in there as that's where I keep the current products in my rotation.

National Lipstick Day 6.29.2022.jpg

Then I remembered I probably have a few in my handbag . . . 

National Lipstick Day 2022.jpg

Hmmm ๐Ÿค”, only 4. These are my current go to's; well, as far as lipsticks go. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Are we sensing a theme here?Are we sensing a theme here?

REFY Lip Sculpt Lip Liner and Setter Rosewood is underrated; it's also more rosy in real life than what is showing up in the photo here. Grrr. I was introduced to this beauty by the lovely @PrettyPaint - thank you! It took me a while to figure out how to open the packaging, but having done that, it's a love, and I plan to pick up more colors when they restock.

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon The Fill Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick Scholar Sista - love the creamy semi-matte feel and finish of this beauty. Also love that these are refillable.

SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick 30 Matinรฉe - Fabulous formula. Great color. Amazing price. 

Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 203 Mildred Rosewood - I am obsessed with this formula. I have 3, maybe 4, and will most definitely be picking up more. @heartsmyface makes Nellie Cherrie look amazing.

Well, it sure seems like I have a type when it comes to favorite lipstick colors. Hahaha! I'm just taking that to mean that I'll aim for more variety in the lippies I'll pick up in honor of National Lipstick Day. Looking at everyone's posts here, I just know my cart is going to fill up real fast. ๐Ÿ’„

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • MAC Liptensity Stallion, my favorite black lipstick.
  • Black lipstick can be bright with enough ombre application. :D
  • Lancรดme Silver Metamorphose, a discontinued bullet shade. All others are MAC bullet shades.
  • A few black lipsticks. Squid Ink is a blue so dark, itโ€™s almost black.
  • Gucci Rouge a Levres Valentine Verdante, 1 of my 2 favorite teal lipsticks. (The other is ColourPop Lux Getty.)
  • Top to bottom: Fenty Mattemoiselle in Turks & Caicos, ColourPop Lux in Getty, MUFE Artist Rouge in C603, Gucci Rouge a Levres in Valentine Verdante, Guerlain Rouge G in 111.
  • Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png
  • applying lipstick gif.gif
  • 2D5730FB-111C-4C1B-96B7-D9B5EE4235ED.jpeg
  • A1281E24-71DA-4D41-B427-0D5429FC2005.jpeg
  • 9A473752-A30C-4889-B30E-3AE5AB75CE92.jpeg
  • 2FE3FD5D-E499-4F0B-B256-A10B34124A85.jpeg
  • AFFF50B8-20F5-49DD-AED7-72FF61A0C0F3.jpeg
  • 946254EF-77FA-4D1F-A6B5-17B869D26A0C.jpeg
  • C911E8EA-0F30-4F2D-A588-3237435D17B2.jpeg
testing