Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png

Itโ€™s that time of the year again Beauty Insider Community: National Lipstick Day (July 29th) - woohoo! ๐Ÿ’„ One of my favorite things about being a part of BIC is being able to celebrate fun moments like this with all my fellow beauty lovers in this amazing community. โค๏ธ

To give the spotlight on one of the most popular makeup categories, letโ€™s talk about all things lippie! Over the years, we have seen a big transformation in the lip product scene โ€“ thereโ€™s now lipstick, lip gloss, lip tints, lip oils, lip stains, lip balms, and more โ€“ there are so many fun options to pick from!

So, whatโ€™s your favorite lip product BIC? Share your lippie faves, swatches, and looks in the comments below! ๐Ÿ’‹

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day ๐Ÿ’„ โ€“ Whatโ€™s your go-to lippie?

This is what I ended up picking on National Lipstick Day Sale. It was not a lot and with mixed feelings:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 39 Frozen Strawberry : was a complete fail. I love the formula, which I already knew, but the shade has NOTHING to do with the product pictures not the swatches from other users. Mine is a dark gray that will be difficult to wear. 

54A7BC47-30CB-4034-902F-08BC351FA7D3.jpeg

Shade picture 

230E3E51-020F-4E1A-9A10-3AC8AE04D70A.jpeg

Direct sun

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 72 Alter Ego : once again, the shade has little to do with the product pictures, leaning a little gray as well, but that one I can make it work for cool toned looks. As you can see, it looks very dark in the shade, but light in the sun, and it is how it really looks.

Shade pictureShade pictureDirect sunDirect sun

Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick 302 Brown. No Way Back. : this was a WINNER! I already knew the formula through samples and when I saw it on dale, I needed to get it. It is such a beautiful shade of red, that looks so natural if you blot it! I will be using it so much! 

Comparison with other lipsticksComparison with other lipsticksDirect sunDirect sun

@itsfi @CookieGirl1 @quspork @Sunnysmom @heartsmyface @blackkitty2014 

Posting this here since I bought the Lancรดme QiXi lipstick on National Lipstick Day and it just arrived, yay! ๐Ÿ˜ I read that the QiXi legend involves lovers that are separated by the Milky Way so I thought the designs were very fitting for this celebration which occurred on August 4th.

It is just as beautiful as the photos, celestial designs and all! The designs are printed on though so Iโ€™ll likely carry it in a case or keep it in the original box in case it fades. The tube has a lux feel to it, especially with their press-to-dislodge mechanism. I bought the shade Lancรดme L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick 295 and on me, it is the exact same colour as the tube! I would describe it as a deep red that has a hint of burnt orange, maybe a little like salsa? Although it is a matte, there is a little bit of transfer. However, I wore it under my mask and it did not smudge outside of my lip lines so I was pleased! Also when I removed my mask, the lipstick still looked very opaque on me and you really canโ€™t tell that I had worn the mask on top of it. Itโ€™s long lasting and stayed on nicely until I was ready to remove it at night. Overall, Iโ€™m very pleased with this purchase and would highly recommend (of course, I expected no less from Lancรดmeโ€™s matte formula after enjoying their previous mattes before the reformulation/repackaging).

In my haste, I totally forgot to mention the shades I got in my GWP! They advertised it as 4 minis, but I realized it was actually 2 minis and 2 full size! Because I actually already own the full size of Lancรดme Color Design lipstick in 340 All Done Up and the one in the GWP was the same size ๐Ÿ˜ฏ The other shades I received were 181 Red Stiletto, Lancรดme L'Absolu Lacquer Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick 378 Be Unique , 270 Peach Nude. Needless to say, it was a very happy national lipstick day for me! ๐Ÿ˜

AAF5FC95-3529-482E-98CA-E48DE3A3B195.JPG

Wow! Such a gorgeous packaging @Guessgal! And you look stunning! ๐Ÿ˜ Beautiful lippies! โค๏ธ

@Guessgal, that shade is made for you! Absolutely stunning! ๐Ÿ˜ Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the lipstick and the tag! That's impressive how it wore under your mask. And that packaging, whoa! It looks even better in your photo than the promo material. Just curious (and if you've already answered it or if it was mentioned in the promos, sorry), is the cap rubberized a la NARS? In the picture, it looks, for lack of a better word, cushioned?

@itsfi Hmm I had to take out one of my Nars bullets to understand what you meant. Do you mean that Nars cases are rubberized because they're ground down along the square edges, giving it a softer feel? If so, then no the Lancรดme case isn't as rubbery/soft, but it has a sleek matte finish that makes it very smooth to the touch.

@CookieGirl1 @Sunnysmom Yaaay! Glad you guys enjoyed my lengthy post!

@Guessgal, I'm so sorry; I should have been more clear. Thank you for pulling out your NARS lippie and following up. Your description of the Lancome case helps a lot. From your photo, it looked like the case was softer than what I think of traditional lipstick cases or Lancome cases. Makes me want to pick up one (or maybe two) of the lipsticks from this collection. Thank you!

That shade looks gorgeous on you, @Guessgal!  Thanks for the review AND for tagging me :).  I'm so happy that you were able to get your hands on one!

This is so perfect on you @Guessgal and itโ€™s such a pretty keepsake design! Enjoy them and thank you for the tag! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Oh wow @Guessgal 295 is gorgeous on you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’„ I love it

Thank you @blackkitty2014! Iโ€™m glad you think so! It was hard to find good lighting, but I tried ๐Ÿ˜…

I may have missed Lipstick Day here, but i found my treasured Bite Beauty Hall of Famer Lipstick from 2017!!! We were gifted these when the Community moved over from BeautyTalk to the Beauty Insider Community!

0A19AD41-147E-4D36-8E6C-BE8DF77DCB3C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5F8AFC47-8F91-41C4-B019-777CE76EDF37.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Such an special lipstick, @Tamara76! A treasure! 

Thank you @Saradestin ! It truly is a treasure๐Ÿ’—

@Tamara76 @I miss the old bite formulas !!! Those lippies were so great 

@Kim888 I agree! Bite lipsticks were incredible - Sake is one of my all-time favorite shades. I am so sad the brand is gone - I was really hoping someone would swoop in and save at least one or two products like Smashbox did with Becca. It feels like the end of an era๐Ÿ˜ญ

Pretty color, @Tamara76.

@CookieGirl1 I agree - it really is! This one is too special to use though - It is a cherished treasure๐Ÿ’—

Awesome, @Tamara76 ! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹  I still have mine too! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Yay! It holds special memories for me as I'm sure yours does for you @Titian06 ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

National Lipstick Day 2022

Celebrating National Lipstick Day 2022 with one of my favorite photos from the past!  I love PINK lipstick!

394 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • MAC Liptensity Stallion, my favorite black lipstick.
  • Black lipstick can be bright with enough ombre application. :D
  • Lancรดme Silver Metamorphose, a discontinued bullet shade. All others are MAC bullet shades.
  • A few black lipsticks. Squid Ink is a blue so dark, itโ€™s almost black.
  • Gucci Rouge a Levres Valentine Verdante, 1 of my 2 favorite teal lipsticks. (The other is ColourPop Lux Getty.)
  • Top to bottom: Fenty Mattemoiselle in Turks & Caicos, ColourPop Lux in Getty, MUFE Artist Rouge in C603, Gucci Rouge a Levres in Valentine Verdante, Guerlain Rouge G in 111.
  • Anna2BT_0-1659025164040.png
  • applying lipstick gif.gif
  • 2D5730FB-111C-4C1B-96B7-D9B5EE4235ED.jpeg
  • A1281E24-71DA-4D41-B427-0D5429FC2005.jpeg
  • 9A473752-A30C-4889-B30E-3AE5AB75CE92.jpeg
  • 2FE3FD5D-E499-4F0B-B256-A10B34124A85.jpeg
  • AFFF50B8-20F5-49DD-AED7-72FF61A0C0F3.jpeg
  • 946254EF-77FA-4D1F-A6B5-17B869D26A0C.jpeg
  • C911E8EA-0F30-4F2D-A588-3237435D17B2.jpeg
testing