Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

HOT, HOT NEWNESS: Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips 2!

CTHOTLIPS.JPG

Charlotte Tilbury fans REJOICE! Next week on June 27, Charlotte Tilbury will be launching eleven beautiful lipsticks in their newest collection, Hot Lips 2 (Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick 2 Glowing Jen). We all know the brand is amazing at crafting colors which wear beautifully and these lipsticks are no exception. This collection of eleven new shades showcases the formula we know and love, featuring orchid extract to soften and hydrate your lips, while lipstick tree extract (Bixa Orellana seed) protects from UV damage. Charlotte Tilbury’s iconic Matte Revolution lipsticks are creamy and hydrating; I love this comfortable formula, especially for bolder colors that look best on smooth lips. The popular satin K.I.S.S.I.N.G formula also helps moisturize while adding beautiful color and shine. 

What really makes this launch special is the inspiration behind each shade. Charlotte has named each lipstick after one of her eleven muses who have each played a significant role in her life. How sweet is that?! I can only aspire to someday have a lipstick made in my honor…

Along with the eleven shades inspired by Charlotte’s muses, there are five new and unique packaging designs inspired by every aspect of her universe: Fashion, Rock n’ Roll, Hollywood, and Magic. The packaging is STUNNING and adorned with rose gold details; you’ll want to collect at least one of each design. Here is just a look this this beautiful collection.

IMG_1684.JPG

As you can see above, these shades are beautiful and creamy. I was enamored by Viva La Vergara, a matte soft wine shade inspired by, you guessed it, the beautiful and talented Sofia Vergara. Glowing Jen, a nod to Jennifer Aniston, is a universally flattering satin rose shade. Our coworker Jasimine was immediately drawn to it, and she is rocking it below. Dancefloor Princess is a pinky nude color with a satin finish; this shade is as lovely as the muse who inspired it – Kylie Minogue. Enigmatic Edward is named after the stylish Edward Enninful. This clear lip balm hydrates with shea butter, aloe vera, and hyaluronic acid. This is great alone or as a base.

CTHOTLIPS_G_1.png

CTHOTLIPS_J_2.JPG

If you could create a lipstick inspired by one of your muses, who would it be and what would it look like?

Re: HOT, HOT NEWNESS: Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips 2.0!

I am really excited for that collection! I want to see Amazing Amal in person - I have 12 CT lipsticks and they are my absolute favorites!

My muses would be Angela Lansbury (Mid peachy darker nude), Betty White (neutral berry), Julie Andrews (balmy neutral pink with sparkles). They just make me so happy when I watch or read about them.

Jealous of your CT lip collection, @Cyncynn! Heart Let me know your thoughts if you pick up any from this collection. Also, love Julie Andrews! 🙂 

HOT, HOT NEWNESS: Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips 2.0!

dancefloor princess 😍 @GeorginaBT

Right @lmaster?! Dancefloor Princess is gorgeous! I'm actually not usually attracted to pinky nudes but this one is Heart 

@lmaster   I think I need to get that one.  

Doesn't it look so pretty @Ispend2much6 🤩

You ladies look awesome and thank you @Ispend2much6  for the swatches! I too am waiting for the Amazing Amal @ZombieMetroAnt ! The color is stunning, and Amal is basically who I want to be when I grow up...

I love lipstick as a wow/look-at-me-now factor so I'd say my muse is either Gemma Chan or Tracee Ellis Ross, both women always look eye-catchingly glamorous and fun.

Thank you @MissPuff! Tracee Ellis Ross is HILARIOUS, beautiful, and definitely deserves to be honored. Loving the love for Gemma Chan as well - she can really rock any lip color. 

@MissPuff  I agree that Amal is absolutely beautiful. 

@MissPuff   You're welcome, and it's good to see you!

YES to both muses (is that a word?)  - Tracee Ellis Ross is absolutely stunning and I love when she rocks her natural hair with a strong red lip - oomph - just resonating with "girl power@MissPuff  Heart 

My order came today (if I'd known Sephora would have these so quickly I would have waited. ;))  But, since I didn't, I have swatches and comparisons to share.  Sorry they are messy; I added a second set of swatches without the lipsticks because the lipsticks were shadowing some of the swatches. I think there are a lot of repeats/almost repeats, with subtle differences.  I wish there was more variety, personally.  CT does not seem fond of doing cool shaded lipsticks.  I think that Amal is probably the most distinctly different shade of them all.  CT's lipsticks have a tendency to turn orange or gray on me; if you're in that same situation and need a subdued red, Viva La Vergara might work for you also.

hotlips22.jpghotlips2swatches.jpg

Yup, totes getting Amazing Amal - love that shade Heart  thanks for the pic @Ispend2much6 

@ZombieMetroAnt   You're welcome!  It's a great shade.  Maybe when my "photographer" comes home from his job, he can take pictures of the swatches on me.

Ooh gorgeous collection @Ispend2much6 Heart The only one I have so far is Walk of Shame and I love it! Such a beautiful shade and formula. 

@Mcakes   Walk of Shame is a pretty one!  

These are so gorg Heart I've already set up email reminders on three different accounts to get my Amazing Amal (yay!).  That IG post CT put up of her applying this shade on Amal sold me on it...

Smiley Indifferent muse?  hm, probably Frida Kahlo...I'd name it "Feisty Like Frida" Smiley LOL I envision it'd be a nice, creamy shade of Red-Orange 

Frida-4-web.jpg

@ZombieMetroAnt you'd better copyright that slogan/idea because I could seriously see it getting used. Excellent concept for a new lippie <3.

Aw, you're so sweet, thanks @niki172 Heart now, let me go find that subscript trademark text....

RE: HOT, HOT NEWNESS: Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips 2.0!

I just tried my first CT lipstick and I’m in love. I’m supposed to be on a buying hiatus but I might need to break it for one (or a few) if these!

That packaging is so fun, and I love CT lipsticks! As for a muse, since Charlotte often names lipsticks after celebrities, as an Asian American, I think I would go with an up-and-coming actress such as Gemma Chan or Ali Wong. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • CTHOTLIPS.JPG
  • IMG_1684.JPG
  • CTHOTLIPS_G_1.png
  • CTHOTLIPS_J_2.JPG
  • Image lifted from the internet since I don't keep a catalogue of our plants on my computer.
  • Frida-4-web.jpg
  • hotlips22.jpg
  • hotlips2swatches.jpg
  • Olivia
  • Jen
  • Amal
  • Vergara
  • Glowing Jen
  • 468d3bed-0edf-47cd-8ddc-0be563e766c0-hotlips.jpg
  • Olivia
testing