Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Good lipstick that stay on (cheap)

Does anyone know a good lipstick brand that won’t go on my coffee cup and stay on my lips?I’m looking for $10-$22 something that can last for hours.

#sephoracollectioncreamlipstains great value, great product!

Re: Good lipstick that stay on (cheap)

@thelovelyrach Try ColourPop Creme Lux lipsticks. They are really awesome — they feel great on, have a lot of wonderful colors, good lasting power, and they are cheap. Last time I bought one they were $7!  Can’t beat that with a stick. No guilty feelings with these. Check out their eyeshadow palettes and Super Shock shadows too!

RE: Good lipstick that stay on (cheap)

I love the Anastasia Beverley Hills lipsticks. I can wear them all day without having to reapply! It’s a little over your price range but sometimes you can find a reduced selection at Winners!

@ElizabethABH omg I love anastasia!! they last pretty long!

@ElizabethABH omg I love anastasia!! they last pretty long!

I recently tried the Sephora creme lipsticks for my daughter for dance and they are cheap with good staying power

I think it’s slightly more than your price range but tarts rainforest of the sea colours last forever

@thelovelyrach,

I recommend the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick it comes in so many shades and it also retails for $14!

https://www.sephora.com/product/cream-lip-stain-liquid-lipstick-P281411?skuId=1805589&icid2=products...

❤️ Melissa

All of the Marc Jacob lipstick I've tried have been really good

Try Smashbox I've been wearing for awhile and haven't had to reaply after eating

Not sure what finish (matte, cream/satin, gloss) you prefer, but I’ll recommend these in your price range: 

HUDA BEAUTY - Demi Matte Cream Lipstick - I recently tried one of these and was very impressed! The finish looks more like a satin, but it has the staying power of a good liquid matte, with almost no transfer. Very comfy to wear, not drying at all—and this comes from a woman who finds nearly all liquid mattes to feel too drying, even with a base of balm and lip primer. Didn’t bleed/feather on me at all. Survived several cups of coffee and water, and a full dinner. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick - One of the only 2 liquid matte formulas comfy enough for me to wear longer than 2 hours. (The other is NARS Powermatte, but that’s $4 above your max price.) Minimal transfer, but an oily meal will remove some of it. Otherwise it’s long lasting. 

About bullets: I prefer them over liquid lipsticks, but I’ve yet to wear one (cream, satin, or matte finish) that doesn’t transfer quite a bit onto cups. That’s just the nature of bullet formulas. But some bullets under $22 do leave a lot of pigment on your lips, despite transferring: 

ColourPop Lux, in either Creme or Matte finishes - These are just $7 USD each. I have lots of them. They’re comfy to wear, highly pigmented, and come in a fantastic color range. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Rouge Lipstick - I prefer the satin finish over the matte finish for comfort. Another highly pigmented line of bullets that’ll leave a lot of color on your lips despite any transfer. Some of these shades feather a bit, so you might need a lip liner (or a liner of lip primer) to contain them. 

@thelovelyrach I'm also frustrated with lipsticks wearing off too quickly.  I'm going to try a lip primer once there's a sale.  I read that Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil 0.10 oz/ 3 g

is a good one.  🙂

Too faced long wear peaches and cream collection i tried the red ones.

I wish I could be more specific but Stila's stay all day is a good one, though I have to use something moisturizing underneath or it dries my lips out. Another one I really like is a matte traditional lipstick (as in, not liquid) by NYX, which was super inexpensive, lovely color, no weird smells, and wasn't overly drying but I can't recall what the formula was called

Most of my lip color comes off a bit throughout the day so I just figure it is what it is. As far as price and duration go, I am a fan of Sephora's Lip Stains.  I feel like much like their lip stories, they have excellent staying power.  It stains the lips enough so that the color is on all day even as it gradually comes off.  (Their always red is ridiculous.)  If I have the time, I do try to "set" the color with concealer and invisible liner, like MUFE liner.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 01 Always Red

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Lip Line Perfector

I find that some of the Sephora Lipstories are very underrated in terms of long lasting. I wear their red called a little magic all the time and usually only have to reapply it once a day. They are honestly my favourite cheap lipstick.

@thelovelyrach Maybelline Super Stay Liquid Lipstick is supposed to stay through anything. I haven’t used it, but it’s all the rage in long-lasting lipsticks. Plus it’s inexpensive. 

True. I own a bunch of colors. It's my favorite so far because it doesn't transfer at all, which is, for me, the most important thing. Also, it comes with a kind of baulm that makes it shinny and comfortable to wear.

I love the Maybelline Superstay Ink matte lip colors! The...

I love the Maybelline Superstay Ink matte lip colors! The Loreal Pro Matte is good too, there just aren't nearly as many colors to choose from.

Re: I love the Maybelline Superstay Ink matte lip colors! The...

Thanks for the tip @Azrael1025 . I didn't know about the L'Oreal ones. I think I'm affraid of trying new lipstick in case I'm disappointed. 😁

@thelovelyrach 

Some good matte liquid lipsticks (all $20) that stay on all day are STILA - Stay All Day® Liquid LipstickKAT VON D - Everlasting Liquid LipstickAnastasia Beverly Hills Smudge-Proof Matte Liquid Lipstick Poet

A creamier alternative that is also matte and pretty transfer resistant is PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109but that one is pricier than the other recommendations.

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing