cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Foundation mustache aka peach fuzz

Helllooooo Ladies!

Soooo this is kind of an uncomfortable topic for me and finally admitted that I have to do something about it. My hair is naturally medium brown so any hair on my body is mostly visible. My little fuzzy mustache is very light colored and mostly can't be seen (only at the corner of my mouth it's slightly darker). When I apply foundation I use a beauty blender and try to use only the excess what is on my blender to avoid caking it around that area but it still looks cakey, kind of patchy and no matter what foundation I use it's the same. tried using concealer on that area and skip the foundation but same results. I tried waxing that area or just use tweezers and pluck them out one by one but when they start to grow back (within 2-3 days) I get blister looking things, exfoliating doesn't help and it just looks scabby and nasty for 1-2 weeks so it just makes my situation worse. Not sure how I feel about shaving that area and can't really afford laser removal.. Any ideas, tips, tricks?

A desperate fellow beauty guru

Re: Foundation mustache aka peach fuzz

No need to be uncomfortable @PinkStarburst almost everyone has hair on their face in some amount and it can definitely be an issue with foundation laying smoothly. 

Of course shaving/waxing is the cheapest way to go about it - it sounds like you have had an allergic reaction to the wax based on what you said though - have you tried other waves, maybe you are allergic to one of the ingredients?. I saw someone else mentioned nair - of course everyone is different but I personally would advise against that. I'm only a little sensitive and i had a huge reaction to nair when I just used it on my legs - I can't even imagine what would have happened if I'd use that on my face. If you decide to go that route definitely test a patch elsewhere first!

I can understand not wanting to shave just from the mind set that goes with it but sometimes its just the best way to go - its fast and easy and inexpensive and there's lot's of little razors or devices that can do it and since it sounds like you have fairly light hair you probably wouldn't be able to see it growing back. 

Also, although lazor  removal is expensive have you considered an at home device? I know people sometimes aren't sure about the at home ones and their effectiveness but I have had significant results with that and while the machine is a bit pricey (they range like $200-400 ) its not nearly as expensive as having it done by a dermotologist. of course it's also not as powerful but with extended use (like think about a year timewise) it can do a lot. I have the Silk'n Flash&Go Hair Removal Device which is on the lower range price wise and I have been extremely happy with the results over time. Of course you might want to do some research about hair color because i know hair has to have a certain amount of pigment for the lazer to target it (i haven't done any research on that because I'm italian so all my hair is dark so its a non issue for me haha). 

Anyway I hope that helps and you find a solution that works for you!

I use Sally Hansen facial hair remover and I love it! I h...

I use Sally Hansen facial hair remover and I love it! I have used the Nair also but it burned my face. Good Luck!💋

Re: Foundation mustache aka peach fuzz

I use a facial hair removal cream, I think by Nair - I personally don't have sensitive skin though. Also, you may be interested in checking out this brand called Inhibitif by DECIEM, they have formulas to prevent hair growth on different areas of the body.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing