Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Finding lipstick

I have a problem finding lipstick that I like and that looks good on me. What do you recommend that I wear?

Re: Finding lipstick

@Frodolives I gravitate toward lines that have a plethora of colors.  UD, Lipstick Queen and Sephora spring to mind.

I suggest starting with normal lipsticks rather than liquid lipsticks (you usually need a full face of makeup to pull off liquid lipsticks). My favorite nude lipstick is Prim and Proper by Pretty Vulgar and KVD also has a great lipstick formula

Why don't you try a palette, or a kit? The products in Sephora's Give Me Some Nude Lip would probably look great on you. You could also try playing with something like the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette - you can mix colors, and try them, until you find something that you like. Right now, Nordstrom Rack's website has a few low- to reasonably-priced sets that may be worth checking out.

Lipstick Queen has some nice, more sheer colors. Those would give you an idea of what color would look good on you, and get you a little more comfortable, prior to making a commitment to all-out color.

FWIW - based on your photo, I think something that's a brownish-pink or brownish-red would look really good on you.

Hi! What are you looking for in a lipstick? Do you like glossy, matte, or something in between? Bold or neutral colors? Price range?

My personal favorite lipstick formulas at the moment are Sephora Collection #Lipstories lipsticks (fantastic quality for $8 each) on the lower end of the price range, but also Nars Lip Glides (for something shinier), Fenty Gloss Bomb (for gloss), Nars Powermatte (for a non-drying matte), and Givenchy Le Rouge (for a long-lasting satin finish).

I love Bite Beauty lip products! They're very creamy, very pigmented and long-wearing. Especially if you put a lip balm before you apply the colour. I used to swear by MAC lipsticks until I found that Bite Beauty lipsticks were much more moisturizing which means they look better longer! 🙂

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing