Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Favourite Premium Lip Brand & Acne Fighting Product

Help a girl out please! As I work on my list I'm planning on picking up a premium lipstick. I'm considering the following brands. Which one do you prefer? I don't like anything drying or too shiny.

- Pat McGrath (Specifically Shade Fever Dream)

- Tom Ford 

- Charlotte Tilbury

Promo Question - Whats your favourite acne fighting product. Mask? Spot Treatment? I feel like I've tried a lot of stuff that helps when I have a pimple but I'm looking for more preventative products. Have you tried Kate Somerville Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion 1.7 oz? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

Re: Favourite Premium Lip Brand & Acne Fighting Product

@Aaliaa Before I tried to the Pat McGrath lipsticks, I would have said hands down Tom Ford, but now that I've tried a couple...I'd be interested in her LuxeTrance formula too, see how that stacks up. 

CT Lipsticks, the colors just don't look right on me, but the formula is nice. I actually prefer Nars Audacious to the CT lippies, I'm sure that doesn't help 🙂 

Thanks @MissPuff I think I'm leaning towards Pat McGrath. I've been having FOMO with all the Pat McGrath recently so I think I'm going with that. I have a favour to ask, I noticed on the 1-- Days of Lipstick thread, you have both Pat McGrath in Executive Realness and YSL Tatouage in Pink Squad. Can I bug you for swatches of them? They look quite similar and I'm wondering which one I should pick up. I already have Pink Squad on my list but am really loving the look of Executive Realness.

@Aaliaa Tada! On me, both shades are pretty different, the YSL is a bright, almost shocking magenta (even more so on my lips) whereas the Executive Realness is a deeper, creamier rose red, not nearly as bright and definitely deepens once on. The lip swatch is a little messy since it's post workout a week or so ago, but it made it through! 

I love both but the YSL also stains like the dickens! The color stays on my lips well into the next day even with makeup remover. I find the YSL formula easier to apply and wear, but the PM is unlike any other matte formula I've tried, very comfortable and smooth, I'd recommend a lip brush for sharpest lines.

IMG_20180621_102721-01.jpegIMG_20180802_151330-01.jpegIMG_20180811_124410-01.jpegIMG_20180811_124626-01.jpeg

OMG you are such a rockstar for doing this! My Sephora has been sold out so I've been going on online swatches and this really really helps. Thank you so much @MissPuff! I think I'm leaning towards PMG Executive Realness now. Thank You!!!!!!

Anytime! Happy to help, I always find online swatches so wildly different than what shows up on my skin in real life, especially with my skintone which I feel varies from season to season (I know it doesn't, but it certainly feels that way!). 

I agree, my lips are quite dark and I can never tell how a colour will look on me until I've tried it. Swatches do help though, and I don't need another super bright pink so I might switch up my choices. @MissPuff

@Aaliaa

I quite like Tom Ford. It's not on your list however my mama recently gifted me a GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick N°214

and I wore it two days since receiving it and I ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ her. 

Oh thanks @GG84, I didn't think of Guerlain but I'll check them out. The personalization aspect is great.

I'm a lipstick snob and I'd definitely go for Pat. I only have one shade, I've been hoarding lipsticks for years so I typically only go for a few certain shades when I add to my collection, but it's hands down the best formula I've put on my mouth. Super pigmented, velvety matte, long lasting, comfortable... and the packaging is stunning, too. I wish I could help with the acne treatment. Fortunately, I don't deal with very many breakouts. For the hormonal one I get, I just use Glamglow Supermud as a spot treatment.

Thanks for the advice @Nickelliebear1!

Anonymous Insider

Path McGrath would be best for lipstick. I do spot treatment. I use All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream to get rid of nasty acne marks whenever I've had another acne attack again. I'll recommend your lotion after I try it. Thanks.

Thanks @Anonymous, I'll look into Hydroquinone as an ingredient.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • IMG_20180802_151330-01.jpeg
  • IMG_20180621_102721-01.jpeg
  • IMG_20180811_124410-01.jpeg
  • IMG_20180811_124626-01.jpeg
testing