Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Favorite Glossy Stain Alternative?

Before last week I had 4 Glossy Stains, but of course wanted to add one more... well after much swatching & playing I ended up with what I think is the last one that really works with my skin tone/that I like? 

But I still want more stain/gloss/liquid lipsticks. 

I have a few of the stila, and they are just OK.

I did NOT like the MUFE... it reminded me of the cheap drugstore ones & they really dried out my lips.

So I need your help! Which of the ones below have you tried & how do they compare to the YSL? I love that the YSL Glossy Stains are easy to reapply, don't transfer much, and are hydrating.

Hourglass- I heard the only way to reapply is to completely take it off. Is this true?

OCC Lip Tar- I'd probably would purchase one of the mini sets

Bite Cashmere Lip Cream - I know 0 about them except that a cast member was wearing it last week in the store & it was "WOW bold lip"

bareMinerals

Shiseido 

Guerlain

Ardency Inn

Becca 

Kat Von D

So BBFFs? What have you tried... liked/dislike? Comparable to Glossy Stain? Oh & favorite shades?  

I'm ready to be enabled! 

*~* Please no drugstore product suggestions, every drugstore lip product I ever fell into the hype has left me disappointed. Thanks ~*~ 

Re: Favorite Glossy Stain Alternative?

I would refrain from using a gloss over Hourglass, it tends to make any slightly patchy areas worse, in my opinion.

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Loreal-Wet-Shine-Stain-and-YSL-Glossy-Stain.png
  • YSL-Glossy-Stain-and-Loreal-Wet-Shine-Stain-Applicators.png
  • YSL-Glossy-Stain-in-7-Corail-Aquatique-on-the-left.-Loreal-Wet-Shine-Stain-in-Pink-Resistance-on-the-right..png
  • 20131102_113005.jpg
  • 20131104_162341.jpg