Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Fall pink shimmery lip please!

One of my sons is getting married next week and I'm in a lip dilemma.  The color of my dress is called 'Raisin' which very much looks like an eggplant color.  I am blonde, have green eyes, and light to medium olive skin.  I'm really trying to find the right lip for this occasion.  Needless to say I own enough product to sink a battleship, but I just can't come up with the right thing for this special day.  I don't mind spending a bit more if it is the right look as I already own some high end skin care and makeup.

Okay - what I'd like is a shimmery fall pink lip.  I don't want something in the purple or burgundy family, I can't wear it, and I want shimmer as opposed to shine, realizing this may require a lip product followed by a shimmery topper.  I do not want a rose color as it will look horrible with this deep purple dress.  I would like a fall pink, with shimmer.  I AM SO SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE - but as the mother of the groom, and the clock ticking loudly, I'm getting nervous!!  Thank you, in advance, for any and all suggestions!!  And, yes, I've also posted in the Rouge 'support' group, because those of us in there need help ASAP!

Re: Fall pink shimmery lip please!

In addition to the Fall Lip Challenge, You might also try perusing the Swatch Request Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

or Lipstick Playground

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866

Hi @Barbieland, congrats on the special occasion! I agree with @Ikon that Guerlain is a great place to start as they have the most sophisticated shimmery lipsticks of any brand I know. However, I can't quite get a handle on what you mean by a fall pink. Could you post a picture by any chance so we could recommend shades (or refer to someone's look who was wearing a similar shade)? I'm not sure if you mean light/dark/bright/muted etc. You might also head over to the Fall Lip Challenge thread; there have been some great pinks worn by some BICers recently that might help or inspire you. Hope you find the lipstick you're looking for!

@blueviolet21 @Ikon I had no idea about Guerlain's sophisticated shimmer lipsticks.  I really don't like mattes on me.  Do you have any particular shades by Guerlain that you recommend?  I like pinks and mauves; I prefer cool tones but am open to warm.  Thanks!  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 Well most of the lippies I've tried from Guerlain have been from the Rouge G shade range and there is kind of a gap for the mauve/plum of my dreams in that range. One you might like if you like a lighter, cooler pink is Gemma. Then they have some brighter, berry pinks (more fuchsia leaning) like Gladys. In terms of the kind of lippie you describe, I wonder if you might like Mauve Gloves from the Petite Robe Noire line? I can't vouch for it as I've not personally tried it (yet) but I've been meaning to; I don't know that formula or the Kiss Kiss one as well as I know Rouge G.

@blueviolet21 Thank you so much for the shade recommendations!  They all look great!  I'd prefer to see them in person, but they look so wonderful I might have to blind buy at least one!

Image result for lipstick gif

Based on what you describe (and the occasion, congrats btw!) I would highly recommend Guerlain. They do the best sophisticated shimmer that looks stunning. 

Here's a color that comes to mind: https://www.sephora.com/product/kisskiss-creamy-satin-finish-lipstick-P388222?skuId=1618156&keyword=... (google for swatches because the Sephora one is way off and ignore the fact that the name says rose, it's actually a baby pink).

There are also a few options that may work from the Rouge G collection.

I would also highly recommend Dior Addict lipsticks - they're also a gorgeous sophisticated sparkle. Harder to recommend a particular color as I'm not sure if you prefer cool toned or warm toned pinks but there are lots of options.

@Ikon I've been eyeing up the Dior Addict lipsticks in-store.  What pink do you rec that is cool toned?  Thanks!  🙂

These swatches of the whole line are pretty good:

http://www.bygeorgiagrace.com/2015/09/dior-addict-lipstick-re-launch-swatches.html

I have Tailleur Bar and it's a soft mauve-y nude, I like that one. City Lights is a mauve neutral, pretty but definitely on the sparkly side. Fashion Nights has this violet lean to it that I like. @greeneyedgirl107

@blueviolet21 Wow!  You went above and beyond!  Thanks so much.  They all look gorgeous - it's hard to pick a front runner, but I am most intrigued by Fashion Nights.  I can't wait to go to the store and check it out 🙂

if you like a really pale cool pink I'd revommend Ilia ho...

if you like a really pale cool pink I'd revommend Ilia hold me now

Re: if you like a really pale cool pink I'd revommend Ilia ho...

@melanito Thanks!

I'd try the new Fenty universal Glow gloss with a liner if you want more color than it provides

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I've been dying to try the Fenty products anyway! I think I'm going to get it!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it!

@Barbieland  Congratulations!  If you are looking for a pink lipstick, Burberry has quite a few, and in quite a few different types of shades.  Also, Clinique has a pretty pink Long Last Lipstick called Violet Berry that is actually a shimmery pink, not a berry, that seems like it would go well with your dress.  Best wishes!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and for the good wishes!  What a nice community here, eh?  I need some new lip anyway, regardless of the wedding, and I think you make some great suggestions which I'm going to check into!  Have a terrific week!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Fall pink shimmery lip please!

Have you tried lipsense? I'm sure they'd have something you like. I'm not a distributor, I just love it! It lasts me all day and my lips are healthier than ever

Great idea - thanks for taking the time to respond!! ✌️

Is it possible to bring in the dress to a Sephora store? Let the pros help you find a stain to last all day- then top with a shimmer? Have a fabulous wedding!
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing