Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers
Highlighted

Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

Hi all.  So I've finally run out of my Buxom Lip Polish in Vanessa.  I'm not really a sheer color kind of girl, so I loved that it's a moisturizing gloss with buildable, pretty opaque color.  I also love me a wine/dark red lip.  Really, the color was a winner all around.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been discontinued since I last purchased it.  Are there similar shades in the current Buxom line up?  My closest Sephora is a JCP location and they don't carry Buxom, so swatching in person isn't an option.  If not, I'd love suggestions for a dark red glossy lip color that's not a stain.

Re: Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

Hi lovelyred139,

Its always the worst when your favorite anything gets discontinued!  I love that the Buxom Lip Polishes are sheer, yet buildable.  While there isnt an exact dupe in the line, you might want to try out Brandi.  It looks a lot deeper than Vanessa, but since its sheer, its not too bad Smiley Happy

Buxom - Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish

Gabbi is also a fab shade worth checking out Smiley Wink

Buxom - Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish

If you are open to trying something outside of the Buxom line, I would suggest the Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Starlit

Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss

http://www.sephora.com/lip-enhancing-gloss-P182406?skuId=984914

Or the Guerlain Maxi Shine Lip Gloss

Guerlain - Maxi Shine Lip Gloss

http://www.sephora.com/maxi-shine-lip-gloss-P379100?skuId=1512540

xo, Mia

Re: Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

Hi Lovelyred139,

Mia has already given you some wonderful recommendations! I just wanted to add a few moreSmiley Wink

Sephora Collection Cream Stain 07 Dark Berry - satin blackberry wine. This one has a very opaque finish and dries to a satin/matte finish.

Illamasqua Intense Gloss Hermetic - deep wine red

<3 Melissa
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • cream lip stain.jpg
  • illamasque intense.jpg