Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Discontinued woes?

I know I’ve personally cursed myself a few times for not stocking up or putting off buying that new shade I’m just unsure about only to find later that it’s no longer available. Discontinued products sometimes make sense (how many duds have there been haha?) but some are just plain cruel taking a favourite and running off with it I think. What are some of those you all miss?

Re: Discontinued woes?

Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm although the fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10g is similar. 

Shiseido Rouge Rouge lipsticks. I love that line so much I can’t believe they discontinued the formula. I do still have a variety of colors so I can pretend for awhile. 😂

@Suisho  Restricting my answer to lip products: 

• MAC Liptensity - the best lipstick line MAC's ever created, and I've worn various MAC lipstick lines for decades. I still don't know why they killed the Liptensity bullets and lip liners. 😞 
  • Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow - a line of fantastic semi-matte crayons. LQ frequently discontinues entire product lines, but I miss this one the most. 
  • Bite Amuse Bouche bullets, especially shades Kale, Jam, Tanin, and several others. I'm surprised Bite hasn't brought the AB line back yet... I wonder what the holdup is. 
  • ColourPop Lux bullet shades Getty, 27, Aeronaut, JV, and several others. This lipstick line still exists, but CP keeps discontinuing many shades at a time. Sometimes 27 comes back in stock. But I wish they'd keep all the fun colors! 
  • MAC Satin, shade Carnal - one of my favorite blood reds ever. (Not to be confused with Carnal Instinct, which is a frost shade.) 
  • NARS Audacious, shade Nancy - this was limited edition but I wish NARS would make it permanent. I have another LE Audacious shade, Madura: it's almost the same blackened purple color as Nancy, but Nancy performs MUCH better. 
  • EDIT: Pat McGrath Labs LuxeTrance - can't believe I forgot these! I'm still in denial that PMG discontinued them. 😂😭 I like these even more than the MatteTrances, so I'm super bummed they're gone. 

Also, check out this thread from last year to see some other people's discontinued favorites: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back? 

@Suisho I'm currently trying to find out if Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner is being discontinued.  Sephora has it on sale for $18, and MJ direct has it for $12.  It's normally $25.  I started wearing it in 2019, and really liked it.  I bought a second and then the pandemic hit, so I stopped wearing makeup.  Still, I know I will go back to it when things even out.  I'll be so upset if it is discontinued.  I can buy several, but I could see myself wearing it for years.

EDIT: MJ responded to my e-mail, and they said the product is NOT being discontinued.

As far as I’ve read….Marc Jacobs is being completely discontinued. Sorry darling.

Mac lipstick- viva glam 5. It was the perfect color. 😫😫😫

Clinique's Black Honey eyeliner. That stuff made my eyes look green.

Amen 😿

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing