Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Chapped lips ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Hey everyone!! So as you see in the title, I have very chapped lips. Iโ€™m on medicine for depression and anxiety. Which the side effects are chapped lips. They crack all the time. Or they look really dry. Sometime I can peel the dead skin off and more will appear. Iโ€™m trying all not to lick my lips because I know that could make them worse. I tried exfoliate my lips everyday, which helps for half of the day. I tried the sleep lip mask at night and in the morning, they still looked chapped. I take off the dead skin and they they are still chapped. I canโ€™t wear liquid lipstick because they make them look like a bumpy road. Regular lipstick is just as bad. Which sucks because I like to wear lipstick. I even tried lip balms which helps for a bit. Then I have to put on again. 

I will take any suggestion. I just donโ€™t know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance!!! 

Re: Chapped lips ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

i am with you! I would not use Laneige lip sleeping mask every night. I did not like the product and it made my lips worse after extended use. I read that it contains AHA's but I can't confirm that. Do not exfoliate your lips everyday, i would not exfoliate more than twice a week. Lanolin and Vaseline are occlusive, they lock in moisture, so if you are putting vaseline over dry lips it is not doing you good. Unfortunately, I have no solutions. Drink lots of water! I have heard that nipple creams are great. I would read about lanolin first before you decide to use a product containing it. Many have allergies to lanolin, earth mama organic nipple butter does not contain lanolin or petroleum.

NOT A PROFESSIONAL so do your own research. 

RE: Chapped lips ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Iโ€™m a huge fan of the Vaseline Lip therapy balm! I also have extremely dry/chapped lips. They get so uncomfortable and are frankly not attractive. Whenever I use my vaseline balm, not only does the appearance of my lips improve but so does the feeling! It is a product that continually improves my lips and is not a one and done product

RE: Chapped lips ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I second the Drunk Elephant oil. I also use Drunk Elephant Lippie Balm. So far I like it quite a bit.

@Celialynn1994 I've been using the Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask, and using the BITE BEAUTY - Whipped Cherry Lip Scrubas needed.  Plus, I just picked up  Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve Rosebud Salvefor use during the day based on a BIC rec.  Good luck!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™ll try it to see if it helps. Thank you!!

@Celialynn1994 I recommend the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Originaland the fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy 0.3 oz/ 10 mL. Both of these have instantly hydrated and smoothed my lips. Hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca 

I use the sleep mask already. But I see if that works.

@Celialynn1994 I sometimes put Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLon my lips. Itโ€™s soaks quickly so I top it if with regular chapstick after it has soaked in. You can get the small one in the DRUNK ELEPHANT - NightBrightโ„ข Duoto try or probably use another similar oil. 

Iโ€™ve not had lips chapped to the extent you have. It sounds tough. I hope you find something that works. ๐Ÿ˜•

Iโ€™ll try to see if this one works. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing