Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Chapped and cracking lips

My lips are cracking and peeling and I don’t know what to do could someone help??

Re: Chapped and cracking lips

@kevin69   Fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm Lime Mint  or any of the other flavors.  This balm works best for me.

Chapped and cracking lips

Bite Beauty Nighttime Vegan Lip Therapy, and during the day use their Daytime Vegan Lip Balm, or their Intensive Lip Mask. My lips a couple years back were cracking and peeling. I tried everything. These products literally saved my lips.

In order for a lip mask to absorb/sink into your skin, you have to remove the dry, flaky layer on top. It's dead skin! 😢 Then you apply the lip mask treatment on the fresh skin 😍 underneath to prevent it from becoming dry again. I recommend exfoliating your lips at least 3 times a week.

I use the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Kiss’r Lip-Loving Scrubstick then Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original afterwards. The Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask looks pink in the jar but it's one of those items that applies clear.

@kevin69 @That has been happening to me as well if I don’t hydrate my lips with a lip balm in the day and lip mask at night.  I have been using Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy Original in the daytime and avoiding licking my lips which over dry them for me and putting a lip mask like LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Gummy Bear at night. Also, I exfoliate my lips at least once a week with Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

@kevin69 Plain ol' Aquaphor Ointment, Vaseline, or some other product made mostly of petrolatum. Those are your best bets. Petrolatum is very occlusive: it'll form a protective barrier and seal moisture into your lips while that skin heals. Make sure your lips are a bit water-damp before you apply it. 

Hi @kevin69!

I love Vaseline!  I've been using it throughout the day since quarantine and my lips are super soft.  I also exfoliate my lips to get rid of dead skin cells using something similar to Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

@kevin69 that sucks! It happens to me in the winter every year. I don't know if it'll feel great in the summer but I use the Laroche Posay Cicaplast Levres Barrier Repair Balm to great success it has panthenol and lipids for healing and is made with bees wax to really coat your lips. It's just a bit thick but its clear, no fragrance and doesn't feel like it'll wipe off 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing