Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Brown Lipstick for Redheads

Does anyone have suggestions for choosing a shade of brown lipstick for redheads? I'm very fair and I'm worried that brown would be too much of a contrast against my pale features. Thanks!

Re: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

@gingerjennie   I'm not sure if this is the type of brown you're looking for, but I purchased Charlotte Tilbury's Birkin Brown lipstick, and I love it!  It's nowhere near as dark as it appears online in the tube, and it actually gives off reddish tones in addition to the brown.  I don't have red hair, I just know that this shade was an unexpected hit for me so I thought I'd mention it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-revolution-lipstick-P433530?skuId=2116796&keyword=charlottte%2...

RE: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

Don’t really wear brown. Bit can wash you out.

RE: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

Hi @gingerjennie ! Try out Kat Von D Sanctuary next time you are in a Sephora. It’s a nice cocoa color with a touch of purple. I’m also very fair and it has worked well for me. Good luck!

CandyCandy

I use Pat McGrath in shade uni.  Such a nice line.  

@CandyG1 wrote:

CandyCandy

I really like Bite's Nori. It's got a pretty strong red base, so I think it makes it a bit more wearable. It's got a vampy darkness to it, but it looks good on a variety of skin tones.

I love Molasses from Bite. It's the same shade as the lor...

I love Molasses from Bite. It's the same shade as the lorac limited addition Beauty and the Beast lipstick

My favourite brown is Chocolate Kiss by Besame --- very build able and bendable, just the right amount of brown for multiple redhead fair skintones -- I'm very cool and my mom (not a redhead) is very warm and it looks good on both of us! I'm a natural redhead. 

Natural redhead here! I love Mac Persistence, it's a gorgeous peachy brown shade. Brown lipstick is my favourite and I don't find it to be too harsh with pale skin. I also really love all of the ABH bullet lipsticks that were just released, there are a ton of brownish shades and they are all so vampy and gorgeous on pale skin. I bought all of them for Fall lol. 

RE: Re: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

I will definitely check those out! Actually I have a friend that recommended other shades because she liked the consistency of the lipsticks. Thanks so much!

Re: RE: Re: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

Np! I hope you find one girly 

Check out MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Act So Cool or Cold Hard Cash would flatter redheads.  Act So Cool is a metallic copper shade.  Cold Hard Cash is a neutral brown.   @gingerjennie

The copper shade sounds gorgeous! I'll definitely try it out! I'm more of an auburn redhead anyways so I feel like it would work so well for me. Thank you so much!

I think Anastasia beverly hills liquid lipstick in the shade ashton would be great i have it and I love it (I have relatively fair skin, and blond hair) Sure I do have blond hair but it isn't to harsh for my skin tone and I think it would look great on red/ginger hair because it more of a warm tone brown rather than a cool tone! If you don't like this one i would recommend buying a warm tone brown because it would complement you hair and skin tone great! Hopefully you find one 🙂

Thank you so much! I think I'm really struggling with deciding whether I'm a cool vs. warm tone. Do you have a good way to tell?

Re: RE: Re: Brown Lipstick for Redheads

Yes totally! On the bat I would say you are probably a warm tone because you have very warm toned hair, but I depends if you have pink undertones you might want to go with a cool tone but if you have yellow, neutral, or olive undertones you are a warm tone wearer! ❤️

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • Candy
testing