Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Bite Beauty Nut Allergy

I've read on certains blogs and reddit threads that the Bite Beauty products do have tree nut oil or nut oil in their product and its not listed in the ingredients list. Can anybody confirm or talk about their experiences with the products because I have a severe reaction with nuts and tree nuts?

Re: Bite Beauty Nut Allergy

Many Bite lip products contain Castor Seed Oil. It is a highly reactive ingredient.  I assumed I was experiencing lip eczema. Then a dermatologist advised me to look for castor seed oil in my lip care products and discontinue any that contained it. The minute I stopped using lip products with castor seed oil, also called ricinus communis, my lip peeling, redness, and swelling stopped. Seriously, it dramatically improved within 24 hours and now it's completely cleared up. I switched to CeraVe Healing Ointment for moisturizing my lips and now only use lipsticks that don't contain castor seed oil. 

Re: Bite Beauty Nut Allergy

@gvu87Unidentified

You might want to check out this long-running and popular thread about this same topic. Lots of folks have allergic reactions to various Bite products, unfortunately. I can't confirm if they use nut products or not, but I'd definitely suggest checking out the ingredient list for possible allergens before buying. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/Bite-Beauty-Allergic-Reactions/m-p/2413760#M6114

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing