Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.

Re: RE: Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Yep!  I think it's the castor oil as well.  All of my problem products have it.

RE: Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Natural and organic doesn’t mean good for everyone, for instance lanolin is a great emollient but it is an allergen for some people, it could be a lot of things anything with a fragrance whether synthetic or natural cause irritation in the skin and yet they’re everywhere. Hope you can pinpoint the thing you’re reacting to so you can avoid future reactions

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I am testing the new BITE BEAUTY - Creamy Color 4-Piece Mini Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick Set

Bite Beauty was one of my favorite sources for lip products until I developed an allergic reaction. I must have lost at least $500.00 on their products. Originally it was only the Agave Lip Mask that caused me problems but about 18 months later I had the same reaction to their lipsticks. Hopefully the new formula will not cause me any problems. Somebody needs to take one for the team!

Unfortunately I am getting a reaction to this set. The area above my cupid’s bow is sore. I will be returning this new set with much regret.

Oh darn @Loretta55! I loved the lip mask last year but this year it is causing a reaction for me. The bite crayons haven't but they might in the future. Thanks for the warning.

Unfortunately this is true @ShortErica. I had high hopes that the new reformulated Amuse Bouche lipsticks fixed the problem but I figured that I would try wearing it for a couple of hours would point me in the right direction.

New warning to anybody that allergic to Bite Beauty products. My lips are extremely dry since testing the new Amuse Buche Set. I only wore one of the lipsticks for approximately 2-3 hours. Lipsticks that normally are not drying to my lips have not been feeling comfortable since this trial.

Started using the agave lip mask last week and developed red, swollen, chapped lips almost immediately. Initially thought it was due to a fluoride treatment at the dentist, but after letting my lips heal, tried the agave again, only to have the same reaction. It looked almost like a sun or wind burn. Yes, for the sake of science and because that lip cream cost me a pretty penny, I tried another time. Same reaction! It’s hard to know which ingredient is the culprit, but after some research into contact dermatitis, I suspect tocopherol acetate or the castor seed oil. Might also be the trans-resveratrol as a few years back I had a very nasty rash which I believe may have been from a form of resveratroI I was using in a face lotion. Resveratrol is sometimes derived from Japanese knotweed (rather than grapes) and I believe I might be allergic to that. Anyway, good to know I’m not the only one who can’t tolerate this lip mask:)

I too had an allergic reaction. In addition to the swelling, and scaly feeling my lips turned dark brown! I will definitely  return this product

I had the exact same reaction about a year ago. My lip got chaffy and sore around the edges and the turned dark brown. I had to apply Vaseline over a period of time and it started to clear up and the skin on my lips shed. My lips literally reacted like I had been out in cold weather kicked my lips and they got chaffed and sore. The good news is that I got a lip peel and a fresh set of new lips. Despite the upside it was not worth it. Crazy and I was worried for a while. 

RE: Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Yes, I am really wondering still about that castor seed oil!!

I can't use any of their products because they contain carmine - red dye from mushed beetles (lipsticks) or lanolin - oil from sheep's wool (agave lip mask). I think it's great that they're using natural ingredients but it's not that good for people with allergies (Wool allergies are super common, I know carmine isn't. I'm full on epi-pen level allergic to carmine if I eat it.) 

I have swatched the lipsticks at Sephora and had a reaction (it's a simple allergy test). 

Most people aren't allergic so it's alright but they need to label samples better (I had about 6 lipmasks that I'm decluttering). 

I used my Bite lip mask for MONTH and loved it, it seemed to solve my dry winter lip problems. I was so happy with it, I used that at night with humidifier, normal chapstick just a few times during the day and my lip problems seemed to be solved. Then summer came around, I thought I sunburned my lips and was trying to hydrate them but was running very low of my lip mask. I assumed it was my chapstick that was causing the issues (my friend owns a small company and they make this awesome chapstick but since they make it themselves i became a bit worried of the formula and ratio). Recently i have been just using straight vasaline and aquaphor which has helped a lot. Then last night i used the last tiny bit of Bite lip mask that was in my tube, wake up this morning and my lips are burning, red, flaky, painful!!!!

How did i go months with loving this product then suddenly it irritates my lips so badly? i used almost a whole tube of one color and half of another before it killed my lips. 

Really bummed cause i loved this stuff 😞 

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I thought it was just me. For me this started after I used their lip scrub now I can’t use any Bite products on my lips. I have hadeverything here described happen, swelling, itching, tingling, cracking, peeling, oozing fluid, sensitivity, all of it. It was so bad that earlier this year I went to a dermatologist and got a prescription strength cortisone ointment for my lips. I tried Chai today thinking the reaction was temporary. Nope. Put it on this morning and around 4:30pm I started having a reaction. Will be getting rid of all of their products. This has never happened to me with any other lip products.

Re: RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

So when my husband suggested to me that Bite lip products were what was causing my lip issues I didn’t want to believe him but they have been so bad lately - red, burning, dry, cracked, peeling that I quit using everything except plain Aveeno ointment for several weeks. My lips felt better today so I thought I was safe to start using lipstick, put on Chai this morning and several hours later they are burning, red, & chapped. This totally sucks! I’ve spent sooooo much money on Bite products & now I’m afraid to use them. I have no idea what ingredient is causing it either so I don’t know if I can use any of their products now.

Re: RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I have the exact same symptoms right now!  I thought maybe I was getting a full lip-lined cold sore (highly unlikely) because I have tiny bumps all around the edges of my lips and they're swollen, itchy, oozing, cracking, sensitive, and tingling--and I just started using Bite's lip mask two days ago.  It's never happened to me before with any other products either--most products (Aquaphor, Burt's Bees, EOS) give neutral results, and I've only had excellent moisturizing outcomes with lip treatments from Origins, Fresh, and Laneige. 

I noticed when buying SPF lip sunscreen on Amazon that some people have similar reactions to Sun Bum lip treatments.  I should cross-reference the ingredients to see if there are any overlaps.

Had to share my symptoms because I was so relieved to find a cause.

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Unfortunately, yes. They contain almonds oil, and I’m incredibly allergic to all tree nuts. It’s a shame, because I’d love to try out the line.

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

be careful if you are allergic to honey. i am not but my daughters friend is and she had a reaction when using the lip masks. odd part is it didn't bother her using the maple lip mask. i would consult a physician and show them the ingredients. I'm extra cautious when it comes to reactions. feel better!
Anonymous Insider

Poison Ivy is "all natural" too....and we know what that does. I am allergic to just about everything but I have always had more trouble with the "all natural" products. I can only wear a Shea butter/bees wax chapstick on my lips and then color in with a lip pencil if I'm feeling squirrely. Just about every lipstick, gloss and chapstick I've tried irritates them.

I just recently had a similar reaction to the the agave lip treatment. Almost immediately after applying it my lip began to tingle and swell. I washed it off and the tingling stopped and the swelling ceased. My lips didn’t get any bigger but are still swollen a day later. I’m so bummed because I’ve used this product before and have worn their lip products for years now!  Wonder if they have changed formulas or something?

I too, have used Bite lip products in the past and never had any issues. I recently purchased the MATTE CREME LIP CRAYON (in GLACE color) because I ran out of the first one that I was using EVERYDAY. All of a sudden, I'm having burning, itchy, almost like dried windburn lips. I'm wondering if they've changed the ingredients in their products? Or maybe how it's made? I am sooo bummed, because this was my favorite go to lipstick. 😞

2 Replies
testing