Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Hi @bitebeauty! Although I posted this over 2 years ago, thank you for the reply. I have seen a doctor regarding this reaction to your products and it is likely a lanolin allergy. As you can see by the reaction to this post, there are many others who cannot use your products due to an allergy of some kind. I sincerely hope there are products from bite that we can all use in the future!

Hey what did you use to get rid of it? 😀

Same. Just Vaseline. Some people here said aquafor was good too!

Literally put nothing on your lips except Vaseline. Like carry around a little tub and reapply it every 30 minutes if you have to. I swear it was the only thing that worked for me

@cooper88 wrote:

Hey what did you use to get rid of it? 😀

Thank you! I just bought some. My lips are SO HUGE! So embarrassing . That Bite lipstick is ruining my family vacation! 😞

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I'm having a reaction to Amouse Bouche lipstick. Just purchased Astrology Cancer lipstick. Day two and my lips swollen and burning.....sadly, no more Bite Beauty for me...

Yes I also had a reaction, my lips became irritated by using their lip crayons. I loved the colors and I was hoping that it wasn't true but after I stopped using it and my lips healed completely(I had to use lots of aquaphor and the lip balm by Farmacy),I tried it one more time and sure enough, my lips were sore and with little cuts around. So weird, I'm bummed because I really loved the shades.

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I'm surprised how many people have an allergic reaction too! I used up one amuse bouche and was fine and I bought the agave lip mask and scrub about a year and a half ago. The first couple months I loved it then I noticed my lips started to get dryer so I would slather on more and scrub two times a week... But the more lip mask I applied, the more my lips started to peel and feel irritated.. By then I already stopped using the scrub. I even started using the lip mask during the day cuz I thought my lips just got ultra dry (and this was during summer) after going through half the tube I stopped and it healed so fast! After that I started using the amuse bouche lipstick again but this time it was a new tube.I used about a quarter of it then my lips started peeling badly again but this time it was worse because I had a tiny sore. I stopped using it and my lips healed within a week. Really sucks because there was a color I loved and I even got a tube made at the lip lab.. I have a feeling it's the castor oil for me, none of my other beauty products have it except bite

Re: RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Just here to say me too.  I first bought them and they worked GREAT for me, but then after a while - I think because I used them morning noon and night - they started to destroy my lips.  It's so weird that the products worked just fine for me at first.  It look my lips FOREVER to heal and I kept thinking maybe it was something else I was using.  Once my lips healed up I used a tiny bit again just to do a final test and it wasn't immediate but later that evening they definitely got irritated again.  I'm so sad because I was absolutely IN LOVE and bought EVERY SINGLE EFFING COLOR.  I even got the newest lavender one.  My only hope is that maybe my reaction will go away if I use a tiny bit here and there?  I doubt that will work but I'm super sad.

You’re not alone. I’m allergic to all their agave stuff but not their lipsticks. I know of another girl that is allergic to ALL of their lipsticks. Best to not use the brand anymore @dmichelle1

I'm the exact same! I react to their agave products (which kills me, because I love them so much), but so far not their other products. I'm allergic to pollen and maple syrup (sap) through, so I think that might be the issue, since agave is a sap as well. 

Anonymous Insider

I had the same thing!!! it was so awful!!! The thing that healed the reaction was using hydrocortisone and tons of aquaphor or vaseline! 

Glad I found this thread - I had a bad reaction to the Bite agave lip mask this morning and it's interesting to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I actually have had reactions to other natural lip products in the past (EOS Summer Fruit and Burt's Bees Conditioning Lip Balm). The outside of my lips get itchy and red and start peeling.

I've been doing some research and comparing ingredients and it looks like all three have beeswax, olive oil, and tocopherol aka Vitamin E. Apparently beeswax and Vitamin E in particular are common irritants, so one of those (or both!) could be the culprit. 

dmichelle1 wrote:
Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.

I’m glad iI found  this because I was beginning to think that maybe I was missing something. I love the colors but everything I have tried from Bite Beauty leaves me with swollen lips that peel that next day. 

I have the exact same reaction! Can’t use any of their products sadly! 

I started getting blemishes and inflammation all around my lips, then it occurred to me that this happens when I use bite beauty lip balm. Never had such reaction to anything else... Natural cosmetics are very irritating most of the time though, easy to get allergic reactions.

The same thing happened to me with the lip mask! The first few times I used it, I had no adverse reaction. My lips were super soft after wearing the mask overnight, and I was loving it. Then I suddenly started getting small bumps right on the edges of my lips. It took me a little while to figure it out, but I started thinking that the lip mask was causing the bumps. I stopped using the lip mask, and haven't had any bumps since. I'm disappointed, because I really loved how soft the mask made my lips feel. I've never had an allergic reaction or any type of irritation from any beauty product before, so it really caught me off guard when the bumps started popping up. 

This is exactly what happened to me! Any time I use any Bite product I get red burning bumps on the edges of my lips. I have to use cortisone to get them to go away and then I have the worst dry lips. I'm bummed because Rhubarb was my favorite color. 

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I think I’m in the complete opposite group! I developed an allergy to petroleum products and was recommend to try Bite Beauty. When I used lipsticks from the drug stores, my lips would become inflamed, they’d peel, and bleed. The second I started using Bite all of that reversed. Now there are more brands on the market that I’m not allergic to, but Bite was my first go to when I developed the allergy. Interesting to see how many people have had allergic reactions to Bite!

Re: RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Wow, so interesting! I'm glad it at least works for you!! Their colors are fantastic, I really wish I could wear them.

I've experienced swelling of the upper lip lining and extreme peeling. In all these years of using so many different brands/products this is the first time I've had such a terrible experience. 

2 Replies
testing