Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Best matte deep color lipstick?

Hi guys! I've been looking for a lipstick/stain that has a nice matte look to it preferably preferably dark tones such as deep red or purples. Also, one that lasts long or would last long with a lip primer. Any suggestions? Thank!

Re: Best matte deep color lipstick?

I'm loving Tom Ford's Crimson Noir. Gorgeous hue, utterly matte, and excellent staying power without primer. You might also want to check out his Bruised Plum. My husband told me to give mine to my daughter, as he felt it was too goth, but it is a deliciously fierce shade!

Yeah there seems to be a lot to choose from now. I love the Bite Beauty Aubergine matte lip crayon too (a lot!) and for something really dark (at least it appears quite dark on pale skin, NARS Train Bleu looks great. Plus the new NARS Audacious lipsticks have such a nice finish with a wide range of shades. I can say that for me both the Bite lip crayon and NARS Audacious lipstick last quite a few hours with primer (6 or more). AND I don't have any trouble with bleeding or feathering with either of those (and I don't always use lip liner, the primer seems to contain them).

Check out Bite Beauty Matte lip crayons - I love shade in Aubergine, it lasts all day long. I have used it on its own and with lipliners by MAC such as Vino or Currant (those 2 lipliners I use the most with my dark lipstick shades) .

Speaking of MAC - their lipsticks in Rebel, Heroine and  Diva are really nice, soo pigmented ! 

Also check out Urban Decay  lipstick in Shame.

I second the Bite beauty matte lip crayons! I have a few of them and they are the best matte, deeply pigmented non drying and conditioning lippy. Aubergine is a lovely redish tinged deep purple. A great color for fall. If you are looking for a Red then depending on your skin tone I have to recommendations. If you are a lighter complexion then try Fraise, if you are a darker complexion then try Frambriose.

I'll third this suggestion! Aubergine is beautiful, but if you want something less purple and more red (but still deep) try Brandy. 

Truffle is also very dark from the Bite line. To me, it's closer to a Nars Train Bleu look (although not quite as dark)

My favourite matte lip products are the OCC Matte Lip Tars.  I just ordered Pagan and I am so excited to get it and play with it.  I also really like Black Dahlia and I am just waiting for payday to order it.  I recently discovered OCC Lip Tars and now I want them all.  If there are any other shades you like but want them darker just buy Tarred and get to mixing!  You have to have a steady hand and be patient but I find them to be super long wearing!  And you only need a teenie tiny itty bitty drop to cover you whole lips.

http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-P376506?skuId=1597616&icid2=ObsessiveCompulsive_Bestsellers_Carousel_...

I was just at the MAC counter and tried on Heroine and Rebel, two dark shades for fall. Diva is another one that people like a lot. NARS just came out with some gorgeous dark lipsticks in its Audacious line, also. Have fun looking 🙂 

If you're feeling adventurous, Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Va Va Violet is a black purple. It's one of the deepest purples that my sister has. It has a cream/shine finish, so you'd have to use a translucent powder after to make it matte. I can't find any good swatches online of this color. It's also only available at drugstores and Bed Bath & Beyond. It's not at Target or Walmart.

You can also try Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm Stain in Shameless. It's a true purple, but it looks different on different skin tones/natural lip colors. It looks really dark on my sister.

upload_2656071975653373706.jpg

If you want something from Sephora, there's the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu. 

upload_507887085285298293.jpg

upload_3720131018407204210.jpg

I want that Nars shade, I am loving the really strong brow with bold vampy lips look lately

I want to see you in Train Bleu, IAmLadyLiterary! I really love it, perfect shade for this fall.

Thank jellybean!  I think I might splurge on it. It's more wearable for class than Pagan 😛 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos3
  • upload_2656071975653373706.jpg
  • upload_507887085285298293.jpg
  • upload_3720131018407204210.jpg
testing